What Do You Do For Living

• Thread starter Thread starter doesit
  • Start date Start date
Early, hopefully temporary, retirement spending all my energy defeating an untimely cancer diagnosis.

4 grown children , 2 daughters in law, 4 grandchildren, wonderful husband and my best buds: Loki my heart dog- 3 yo Golden and Jaz, rescued 1 yo flat coated retriever.

Surgical PA, inspired to obtain my MD- practicing has been so important -I truly miss everything about it? 

So glad to continue meeting and pming with so many in this wonderful community!❤️

@Screla I wanted to like you post, but felt that liking cancer just isn't right.

I know you will win your battle and get back to doing what you love. We love having you with us!

I'm sorry to hear this @schrela! I really wish you the best, all the positivity I can muster and hope we have you for years to come!  ☺ 

@schrela - You can beat that cancer, others have done it, and you know how to fight back.  I don't know if it helps, but in the days immediately after my heart attack, and subsequent diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension, there were times I felt lackadaisical, and just wanted to give up (I trained for years to reach the level of physical conditioning I was maintaining, and to be told  "You'll never be able to do that again" was large suckage) - But I convinced myself I had to overcome this affliction for my family - Who else would provide for them?  Cheesy, I know...But it worked, or I wouldn't be typing this.

Best regards my friend - My money's on you in this fight.

- b2g

Last edited:
@Back2GoodI really appreciate you taking the time to send me your positive thoughts and wishes! It means a lot to me- this forum is a wonderful, supportive community and I've truly valued getting to "know" so many compassionate people.

I'm impressed with your strength and resolve to fight and move forward after your heart attack and especially pulmonary hypertension!

your family must be wonderful❤️

Best

Schrela

@PTFCand of course thank you also!!  You are always so right on the money with everyone and everything on this forum - I'll take a dose of your energy and positive attitude anytime

I'm a home health care nurse. I love the hands-on- people aspect of nursing, but the charting is kicking my "You-know-what". I'm an older nurse and it takes me a little longer to finish tasks. It doesn't help that I struggle with a lot of psych issues and take a whole lot of meds. My  MD prescribed addys, mainly for focus and concentration. They have helped, but the good ole' MD won't increase the dose. No more discussion or else what she currently allows will be discontinued. So, I've learned to search the net, found this wonderful group, and, I'm  finding other creative ways to get what I need.

I'm a home health care nurse. I love the hands-on- people aspect of nursing, but the charting is kicking my "You-know-what". I'm an older nurse and it takes me a little longer to finish tasks. It doesn't help that I struggle with a lot of psych issues and take a whole lot of meds. My  MD prescribed addys, mainly for focus and concentration. They have helped, but the good ole' MD won't increase the dose. No more discussion or else what she currently allows will be discontinued. So, I've learned to search the net, found this wonderful group, and, I'm  finding other creative ways to get what I need.
It's crazy to see the people on here whom are from all walks of life. I would have never expected anyone from the medical field from here. Until just now I assumed anyone in the medical field would be able to get the proper meds they need. 

I am not a thief, so I don't take medication meant for my patients. I do have some moral and ethicts. I love my job and I don't see my job as my supplier. That would get me fired real fast, and I am not that desparate. Buying vitamins over the internett only affects me personally. Taking what's not mind affects the weakest in health care. Big difference. 

I am not a thief, so I don't take medication meant for my patients. I do have some moral and ethicts. I love my job and I don't see my job as my supplier. That would get me fired real fast, and I am not that desparate. Buying vitamins over the internett only affects me personally. Taking what's not mind affects the weakest in health care. Big difference. 
Oh not for a second did I think you were stealing meds. I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. What I meant was being that you are in the medical profession you would have the proper channels and have the relationships with doctors in order to get the meds you need. Again sorry if I offended you!

I install impact windows, doors, glass, the big stuff sometimes.  Hot, heavy and usually dangerous

I am a full time self employed transport engineer, and part time self enjoyed cannabis connoisseur!   :784_peace:

Regards,  T

I'm retired very fortunately married to a retired older man. Full time pot grower while in Denver. Leaving my home down south can't wait to start growing again. Got a ton of seeds from Attitude Seed Bank and hundreds of more I keep in jars from friends in California and Denver. People in Denver are so kind they just give away clones and seeds to me. But I'm not a clone person like to grow from seed so put indica clones outside don't want them bringing problems in my veg or grow rooms. I got some DJ Short Blueberry calling my name and some blue dream kosher Kush and white widow etc.... Like to think of myself as the grand mistress at monster cropping. Everyone says my husbands tomatos are beautiful because we use access Advanced Nutrients and Root Excelutator and other organic nutes to my veges!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh not for a second did I think you were stealing meds. I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. What I meant was being that you are in the medical profession you would have the proper channels and have the relationships with doctors in order to get the meds you need. Again sorry if I offended you!
I keep my private life and my work life seperate, so I wouldn't dream of using any kind of connection that would get in the way of professionalism. I could  and I will never ask for presciriptions from doctors I work with.  I am not the kind of person to take advantage even if there was a loophole I could. 

I keep my private life and my work life seperate, so I wouldn't dream of using any kind of connection that would get in the way of professionalism. I could  and I will never ask for presciriptions from doctors I work with.  I am not the kind of person to take advantage even if there was a loophole I could. 
Ok I understand. I still didn't mean it that way at all either. It's been nice chatting! Have a great weekend!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back