What Do You Do For Living

• Thread starter Thread starter doesit
  • Start date Start date
@sociopathicbombshell my daughter is about the same age and just dance is her fav too. She cracks me up watching her! We are trying to learn common core math also and it is so frustrating to try and teach her "strategies" instead of the way I learned. I have to youtube videos to learn the proper way to help her with 3rd grade math meanwhile teenage cashiers can't make correct change!!
wait til she starts decimals nxt yr. Find a good video now. Mine iS gifted and talanted and a perfectionist. She tortures herself if she doesnt succeed100 percent at everything.  Its horrible but no way to dissuade her. These fact families in math...memorization or theyre set up for faiLure. I taught mIne how to 'borrow' in subtrAction when she wAs younGer tOo. A monTh before iNtroduced at school. Aye aye aYe.
She already hates math, just like her mom. Poor thing! My oldest son everything just came naturally easy to him. He graduated this year, finished basic training for the Army, just graduated from airborne school and is now headed to Ranger school. He was my perfectionist and didn't give up until it was 100%. Very laid back while my daughter - drama since she was born. Even her entrance to the world was not without theatrics! 

@sociopathicbombshell my daughter is about the same age and just dance is her fav too. She cracks me up watching her! We are trying to learn common core math also and it is so frustrating to try and teach her "strategies" instead of the way I learned. I have to youtube videos to learn the proper way to help her with 3rd grade math meanwhile teenage cashiers can't make correct change!!
wait til she starts decimals nxt yr. Find a good video now. Mine iS gifted and talanted and a perfectionist. She tortures herself if she doesnt succeed100 percent at everything.  Its horrible but no way to dissuade her. These fact families in math...memorization or theyre set up for faiLure. I taught mIne how to 'borrow' in subtrAction when she wAs younGer tOo. A monTh before iNtroduced at school. Aye aye aYe.
She already hates math, just like her mom. Poor thing! My oldest son everything just came naturally easy to him. He graduated this year, finished basic training for the Army, just graduated from airborne school and is now headed to Ranger school. He was my perfectionist and didn't give up until it was 100%. Very laid back while my daughter - drama since she was born. Even her entrance to the world was not without theatrics! 
your son is a bAd ass. Good wOrk! Where was He for basic? Surprised they sent him to ranger school asap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@sociopathicbombshell he signed with the opt 40 and his MOS is infantry. He's at Benning until pre-rasp and rasp is over. He went back last night and it was tough to let him go. I *may* have cried. I went to watch him jump last week and it was amazing to see, they did several static line jumps of 16 people from the plane 1,250 feet up, uh hell no, but it was beautiful each time. Def not for me and I don't think I've ever prayed so much in one day. I'm a proud mama that's for sure!

I work in Drainage, Not going down into drains or anything but I'm a manager in a small office and I mainly sit and watch videos taken by pushrods and crawlers of pipes for damage and do reports of the condition for clients. I like it! each day is different.

This new xmas background on the site is slowing my laptop to a crawl on this forum!

I'm a medical writer and editor (mainly the former these days) for a government contractor. What that means is that I write them, the government publishes them, and some expert who did a minimal amount of work puts there name on it. I specialize in behavioral health & have written a lot on substance abuse treatment.

@JenG    I am blessed with the most amazing little girl in the world.  She is 7 years old and sends me emails when

she gets home from school asking me when I am coming home because she misses me so much.  I wish I could say that I take

on the "mom" duties because I love them.....sadly that is not the case.  I do it because 1. I love my kid 2. They have to get done 3. My 

s.o. doesn't seem as concerned about these things as I am.   I don't mind doing them, but I wish I had more help because my work load is pretty 

heavy.  As long as my little one is happy, I am happy.   Btw....I have to admit, I do enjoying vacuuming for some strange reason.  Y'all have a great weekend and

I really enjoy reading this thread and learning about the different and interesting things people do.  Really a great group of folks in the Forum.
Pssssst! I love vacuuming too....and ironing. Way old school but I find relaxing....done with good wine helps! P

Cool to see some other military families around here :) . My husband is a drill serg in the Reserves, but he's about to be promoted to SFC in a signal unit, so that will be weird. Word is their procedures, pt and dress have gone to shit and top thinks it'd be a good idea to drop a DS in as a platoon sergeant. God save them.  

We both work together for the same organization (his civilian job). It's a very well known non-profit that I won't name, but they're best known for selling cookies ;) . Cookie season is coming next month!

Anyways, we live on-site at the particular site we work at. He manages the buildings and property (900+ acres) and I run the equestrian center. I've been involved with horses for almost 22 years and we have one of the larger horse programs out of our national organization. I've currently got 31 horses, 3 of which I personally own. Besides summer camp, we have troops almost every weekend and we'll run up to 200 riders through the barn on our busiest. It's pretty remote here (no cell/data service, 40 min to the nearest gas station on the edge of town) but it keeps us busy. We're getting ready to start looking elsewhere though, getting tired of the non-profit politics. Hubby and I are hoping he can get and AGR spot somewhere and I'll just do the private horse training thing I suppose. I have a degree from a top university in Ag Economics and Policy and a minor in Ag and Natural Resource Law and would like to go to law school one day, so that may be in the cards soon as well. I figured I'd do the horse thing until I finally become too crippled to go on, and then fall back on that!

That sounds lovely, working with horses in the middle of nowhere.  I'm afraid I'm too much of a city girl to live that life full time, but I'd love a farm as my vacation home. It's the kind of thing I fantasize about when I picture how I'd spend my lottery winnings.

Yes, everyone does, until it's cold and raining and the horses all want to run out of the paddock when you're only trying to bring in one, and when you step forward in the calf deep mud, because it's been raining for days, to stop them, your boot refuses to move and you face plant in mud and various other things found in horse paddocks.... ;) . Such is life. Most of us who work with horses full time are often overheard saying "I hate horses". But we mean it in the most loving way possible!

I actually had a seasonal job a few years back in NY taking care of the horses at a very well-off family's vacation farm home, lol. So if you do ever make that dream come true, let me know and I'll come work for you! 

We have a small flock of chickens as well. 11 hens and a rooster, but one has gone broody so we may have more towards the end of the month. And more eggs in our kitchen than I know what to do with. There were 137 at last count. I try not to take for granted how different this life is from many other's, but you get so used to it. Wake up, let the chickens out, bring horses in, feed them, let horses out, hay them, do a shit ton of paperwork to make sure they don't starve to death or die, put people on horses in exchange for money, feed them again, more hay and water, put the chickens away, go to bed. We do a lot of hunting here as well, mostly turkey and deer. We have a 90 acre mountain stream and spring fed lake for fishing too. Hubby grew up riding horses too, so we do a lot of riding in our off time. I like to go to horse shows when I have the time and money as well, but I rarely have time. We rode along on a mule wagon train a couple months ago and that was a huge blast, even though the tent sprung a leak on my head in the middle of the first night... I'm sure there are other things I do on a daily basis that many people would never consider, but I'd have to actually go through a day consciously thinking about it, lol. I promise you though, you adjust to this life a lot faster than you expect. Especially some one as intelligent and clever as you, you'd have things figured out pretty quickly I bet. 

I was going to put something like 'Human Trafficker' or 'I chew the cheeks of children' (thanks Chris Morris), but Scoot has just posted here and she's a lovely woman so I will put the truth - I am a failed librarian and writer and I now spend my days plotting revenge against possibly imaginary enemies.  I also like to help any peeps that I can on any one of the several forums that I belong to.   

I am currently volunteering my time to accommodation concern, advising any and all peeps who are struggling with either obtaining or maintaining a council property.  I think that your lifestyle and time vested in the welfare of animals is fantastic Scoot.  I hope to work with animals very soon.  In the UK there exists a terrible pattern of over-breeding Dogs, there is no formal licence currently necessary to do so and One Hundred Thousand or more healthy Dogs are murdered by the council after a harrowing week in the pound.each year in the UK alone.  I want to get together several million pounds, buy a decent amount of land, hire a vet and a couple of veterinary nurses and several helpers and save every poor doggie that I possibly can.  They can run around and be happy and fed and loved regardless of how old they are or how ill they are.  I love dogs so much, they're like people, only nicer.

You have such a lovely life Scoot, surely that beats slogging it away in an office all day and bowing to the man??  May peace and prosperity find you always petal.  And to you all good Dudes as well,  please help me to make my doggy sanctuary a reality one day,  All My Love,    

Mr Galls xx 

I have an untraditional career.  I read tarot cards for a living. 
That sounds fun, it reminds me of Solitaire the tarot reader bond girl from Live and Let Die.  You probably get to see some strange sides of people.

You have no idea what I see and hear on a day to day basis -- LOL.  In fact, I think everyone would be most surprised by the clientele that enters my establishment.  Most people have a stereotype in their minds about those who go to readers; I think TV and movies definitely skewed reality.       

And yes, I do see all sides of people.  I hear a lot of secrets, painful stories and people wanting/needing answers.

There are times it is fun, but a majority of the day is spent with what I call, "restless souls, hearts or minds".  Sometimes, all three.

@BellaDonna that sounds a lot like my job here.

I used to have a neighbor who read cards, but wouldn't do it for me because I wasn't a "believer". Whatever that means, I wasn't sure but was disappointed as I always wanted to have it done. Wish we were neighbors!                                           PS it wasn't that I didn't believe in Tarot cards. Since I have never even had a reading, it's hard to have any opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@2earls  If you have the real gift of Tarot reading, you can read anyone: believers and non-believers.    

Im a full-time drug dealer !!! Na i was a rough-caster but was my dads business ,and he passed away and i couldn't keep it going hence i landed up taking meds and such ..

We own a confectionery shop (fair foods, desserts...etc).   We work long hours, and after years of hard work I have developed several medical conditions, and most days I'm just exhausted.  However, it does have its redeeming features; hard work can be very rewarding, and seeing our customers smile and leave happy after dining with us makes it all worthwhile  :Grin: . The money is great as well.

I do think that my type of work isn't that important, and I sometimes wish I had a job, where I could really make a difference in this world by helping people (i.e.nursing), or putting my intellect to better use... but since I don't, I try my best to make people feel special when they come in my store, and hopefully make them feel as though they're family, and not just another number handing over their money. 

@Twinkiefry:-D    What you do is very important!  If people are smiling and enjoying themselves while at your shop then you have made someone happy.  That is one of the most important things in life....A moment of happiness and joy when you are eating a sweet treat! If more people smiled the World would probably be a better place.   I think what you do sounds great! I would love to have a Mom and Pop sweet shop in my area.   

I agree, you're contributing twinkiefry! You don't have to be a superhero to make a difference, and it doesn't make you any less important either!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back