What Do You Do For Living

• Thread starter Thread starter doesit
  • Start date Start date
Heh I wanted to make some sort of joke about your post count HB but everything I came up with was gender incorrect.

Oh well, anywho, I'm a medical manager of sorts. 

I am a self employed Woodworker/Restorer of old things... I work approx 70-80 hours a week and 

I absolutely love what I do.  I am very lucky that I found my passion for this at an early age (22).  

Very interesting reading about different occupations....Lots of variety.  

Yes I am interested to hear from our members about what they do and what their passions are, aside from our obvious common interests.

I was in sales until an injury ended my career and that's why I love being a moderator here. I love taking care of my husband but this makes me feel like I still have a job.

I was in corporate commercial insurance and hated it. I recently quit after working there for the last fifteen years when my oldest son went to college and I felt like I needed to be home with my youngest two children. So my husband works many long hours and I'm a "domestic engineer". I struggle with my decision about every other week because I'm not used to this much free time on my hands.

I was in corporate commercial insurance and hated it. I recently quit after working there for the last fifteen years when my oldest son went to college and I felt like I needed to be home with my youngest two children. So my husband works many long hours and I'm a "domestic engineer". I struggle with my decision about every other week because I'm not used to this much free time on my hands.
Maybe you could find something to volunteer for? It's nice because you can usually do as much or as little as you like and even a little something makes you feel good.

Maybe you could find something to volunteer for? It's nice because you can usually do as much or as little as you like and even a little something makes you feel good.
I actually have 2Earls. I have three children - 2 boys 19 and 13 and a daughter who is 8. I've been going to my daughter's school and volunteering every week, but for me I've always had "my" money. (Not that my husband and I have ever looked at it like that.) But even though I'm cooking, cleaning and all the other stay at home mom junk I feel like I'm not contributing. My hubs is amazing and tells me I'm nuts and deserve a break because my job was literally sucking the life out of me, I just can't find my niche .(I know, first world problems. I sound like a real shallow bitch... ) I almost feel like I've lost my identity if that makes sense. But my middle son was really struggling in school and since I've been home every single grade are A's and B's so that alone makes it worth it!! 

Your husband sounds like a great guy!  The pay off you are receiving isn't financial and won't be realized for a few years.

Your kids will be so much better off for your input and guidance.  It isn't the same as a paycheck but the rewards will be much greater.

And btw.....cooking, cleaning, domestic engineering and other mom junk are pretty great contributions.  I work a tremendous amount and still

have to do a lot of "mom junk"  and I am a a dad! So don't minimize your contributions.....you are doing the most important job in the World...raising a healthy next

generation!

@aintnouse thank you so much for your kind words and everyone else too. Not many dad's take on the responsibilities most mom's handle so kudos to you!! Your children are lucky to have a dad like you to share in the everyday tasks and see men can take on those caregiver roles also. 

@JenG. I think those feelings will go away with time. It's a big change if you have been doing the 9 to 5 your whole life and the first few years were a bit difficult for me as well. Now I can't imagine going back to it and really enjoy my new identity as domestic goddess and ruler of my hours. Big changes always take some getting used to right?

@JenG    I am blessed with the most amazing little girl in the world.  She is 7 years old and sends me emails when

she gets home from school asking me when I am coming home because she misses me so much.  I wish I could say that I take

on the "mom" duties because I love them.....sadly that is not the case.  I do it because 1. I love my kid 2. They have to get done 3. My 

s.o. doesn't seem as concerned about these things as I am.   I don't mind doing them, but I wish I had more help because my work load is pretty 

heavy.  As long as my little one is happy, I am happy.   Btw....I have to admit, I do enjoying vacuuming for some strange reason.  Y'all have a great weekend and

I really enjoy reading this thread and learning about the different and interesting things people do.  Really a great group of folks in the Forum.

Researcher and professor in a healthcare-oriented field.  The research piece is what I love - it's the behavioral type, not test tubes or making things explode like my sons wish it was :).

@JenG    I am blessed with the most amazing little girl in the world.  She is 7 years old and sends me emails when

she gets home from school asking me when I am coming home because she misses me so much.  I wish I could say that I take

on the "mom" duties because I love them.....sadly that is not the case.  I do it because 1. I love my kid 2. They have to get done 3. My 

s.o. doesn't seem as concerned about these things as I am.   I don't mind doing them, but I wish I had more help because my work load is pretty 

heavy.  As long as my little one is happy, I am happy.   Btw....I have to admit, I do enjoying vacuuming for some strange reason.  Y'all have a great weekend and

I really enjoy reading this thread and learning about the different and interesting things people do.  Really a great group of folks in the Forum
My girl is 9. I'm having a meltdown not knowing how to teach her common core math in a way she can actually show her work. It's infuriating. They've dumbed down the curriculum and left the logical...rational kids befuddled whilst nurturing halfwits.

As far as what do for a living. I was an army combat medic. I volunteer to suture for a local MC..lol but currently am able to attend school thanks to the VA. And my lovely spouse. He works on the criminally insane unit at a psych facility. He is on here..just quiet. And sick of lunatics at work AND home.

Does your daughter make you Wii dance? Good times. Truly.

XOXO M. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No Wii dancing for me.....We share the mornings together watching a few cartoons before school.  I am a huge "Gumball"  fan and she enjoys it as well.  Gumball is freaking brilliant for those that haven't seen it.  I take her to school in the mornings so we have a lot of time together and just have great conversations.  It's startling at times what she says or remembers....I wish my memory was that good.  

I tried to help her this morning with her math......admittedly I hate math and have a history degree because its about the only degree you can get while avoiding math.  I could not figure the logic behind a few of the simplest questions on her homework.....Felt like a real asshat.   I fear that she will develop a hatred for math like I have....I just hope that she will continue to shine in the rest of her academic pursuits!

@sociopathbombshell.......Thank you for your service!  As the son of a Vet I really appreciate all you guys and gals do!  

No Wii dancing for me.....We share the mornings together watching a few cartoons before school.  I am a huge "Gumball"  fan and she enjoys it as well.  Gumball is freaking brilliant for those that haven't seen it.  I take her to school in the mornings so we have a lot of time together and just have great conversations.  It's startling at times what she says or remembers....I wish my memory was that good.  

I tried to help her this morning with her math......admittedly I hate math and have a history degree because its about the only degree you can get while avoiding math.  I could not figure the logic behind a few of the simplest questions on her homework.....Felt like a real asshat.   I fear that she will develop a hatred for math like I have....I just hope that she will continue to shine in the rest of her academic pursuits!

@sociopathbombshell.......Thank you for your service!  As the son of a Vet I really appreciate all you guys and gals do!  
Thank you. I have to say the military has done far more for me than I deserve. With the proper commander iN chief, its very rewarding. I wouldnt have bEen a happy sOldier unDer tHIs admiNistration. SOrry fOR cAps aNd lOweRcases. Its mAkiN mE mEntal.

@sociopathicbombshell my daughter is about the same age and just dance is her fav too. She cracks me up watching her! We are trying to learn common core math also and it is so frustrating to try and teach her "strategies" instead of the way I learned. I have to youtube videos to learn the proper way to help her with 3rd grade math meanwhile teenage cashiers can't make correct change!!

@sociopathicbombshell my daughter is about the same age and just dance is her fav too. She cracks me up watching her! We are trying to learn common core math also and it is so frustrating to try and teach her "strategies" instead of the way I learned. I have to youtube videos to learn the proper way to help her with 3rd grade math meanwhile teenage cashiers can't make correct change!!
wait til she starts decimals nxt yr. Find a good video now. Mine iS gifted and talanted and a perfectionist. She tortures herself if she doesnt succeed100 percent at everything.  Its horrible but no way to dissuade her. These fact families in math...memorization or theyre set up for faiLure. I taught mIne how to 'borrow' in subtrAction when she wAs younGer tOo. A monTh before iNtroduced at school. Aye aye aYe.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back