What supplements do you take and why?

aintnouse

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
A couple of years ago I started to look at ways to improve my over all health.  I wasnt in bad shape but I think I was feeling what everyone else feels when they reach a certain age.  I was lacking energy and just had a hard time focusing throughout the course of the day.   I have earned a lot about supplements and I am still learning today, and I am curious as to what supplements board members might take and why.  There are a lot of smart people on the board and I would enjoying sharing and learning from people that have used supplements over the years.

This is what I take on a daily basis and they are  things that I think actually work....

Spirulina for overall immune health and detoxing

Kyolic Garlic for circulatory benefits.  This also helps my skin stay clear and itch free.  Garlic has wonderful anti-viral, anti-fungal properties. This also has milk thistle in it which has been proven to help with liver function/detoxification. 

Hawthorn Berry for heart/circulatory health

Super Lysine that has bee pollen, licorice root, and echinacea in it.  This keeps me relatively cold/flu free.  I have not had a cold in over 3 years.

I also drink 2-3 tablespoons of Raw, Organic Apple Cider vinegar. Vinegar has been used for a couple thousand years as a medicinal supplement and has a multitude of positive impacts on the body ranging from helping with blood sugar and cholesterol to eliminating athlete's foot. 

I would love to hear what other people take and why and perhaps my little pea brain can learn something new!

I found that a small breakfast means the difference between a day full of GAD and Migraines. I do find it difficult to eat breakfast so I drink a mixture of protein and fruit and veggies.

As for supplementation is DOES make a difference for myself.

I take 2-3 T of organic Apple Cider Vinegar daily.

For migraines I take twice a day 380 mg of Feverfew and 200 mg of B2 Riboflavin. Because Magnesium blocks the absorption of vitamins and certian meds - I take it within 2 hours on a empty stomach. I also take that twice a day. The second dosage I take at bed time. It promotes relaxation.

I take supplementation for migraines upon my Neuropathic recommendation. It takes about three months before it is successful. Based upon my experience it takes migraines and lessens them to headaches. I still get migraines but FAR less then without the supplementation. It has reduced my migraines about 60%.

Other than that I take D3 10,000, Coq10 and Ulta-Omega 3-6-9 with the migraine supplemention during breakfast.

At dinner I take Vitamin C 1000, Biotin (it makes your hair and nails stronger - and it works), Ulta-Omega 3-6-9 with migraine supplementation.

I swear by my supplementation. It makes my GAD and Migraines less. I still have them - don't get me wrong here - but the amount of bez and c$d I have to take is half than that I would have to take without the supplementation.

That is my experience.

For me it's all the B vitamins and a lot of exercise. IF I miss my B's I end up feeling like a lead balloon swimming in molasses.  

I wish I could take B vitamins! But with GAD and Migraines the enegry it produces in me would keep me in bed 24/7 full of energy but full of GAD and Migraines. The only B vitamin I can take is B2 / Riboflavin.

Your lucky they work for you!

I wish I could take B vitamins! But with GAD and Migraines the enegry it produces in me would keep me in bed 24/7 full of energy but full of GAD and Migraines. The only B vitamin I can take is B2 / Riboflavin.

Your lucky they work for you!
My 2nd x wife had to take B 12 shots 2x a day for a long time.

My 1st x wife had debilitating migraines. They coincided with her monthly cycle. Poor girl and to top it all off she was married to me for 10 years.

In all seriousness my 1st wife would get deep tissue massages when her migraines were bad. Helped a lot.

Safari, what are your triggers? Her's were certain foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate you guys contributing.  I am relatively new to supplements (2 years or so) and it amazes me how well some of them work.  I just started on the Hawthorn extracts in capsule form and the research I read on it amazed me.  It is actually used as medicine in Europe and has been extensively studied.  I am glad others are sharing their knowledge and experiences.....I enjoy learning about this stuff!

I also take Melatonin when I can't sleep. Works great for me now (Clean & Sober for a year 1/2). But when I used it did nothing.

I found most supplements did little for me when I used. Even Ibuprofen was like taking nothing even for a minor head ache.

I had to give up the life style of using. It was going to kill me. It "killed" every good thing in my life. Not preaching here...just saying.

Plus all my friends are users of some sort. I don't like normal people :)

@UberSmash I have had migraines for 30 years. I wish it could be a simple as around the the time of the month. But it is not. I had especially around my ages 30 and 40 that would last three days - and I had to work. 

I had a stroke 1 1/2 years ago and I learned that strokes and migraines are similar. So no triptans for me post stroke. If I take any variety of triptans stroke symptoms appear.

I have visited a slew of neurologists and I have been on gabapentin, toppmax, botox, triptans, beta-blockers (which made me depressed, put on 15 pounds and made me fall asleep at the wheel) everkind of muscle relaxer and none of helped. I have finally found that v$m works wonders if I keep it a low amount and occassionally c&d. 

I will take your advice on B12 shots. That is one thing I didn't try.

I do go to phyisical therapist three times a week - he works the knots out my neck and head AND THAT WORKS WONDERS. Thank you for your advice !!!

I take the advice of MD's and mix it with my own and that is the only thing that works. That last time I went to family doctor about three months ago ended up in a 15 prescription of Norco - and I didn't even want that. You have to play to  games with these doctors and I don't like that.

Now that the EC has a drug monitoring program now it impossible to try to get any sort of PK prescribed. And I refuse to go on o!x or any of those drugs as well as see PM MD.

But thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

@Safari Hang in there! This is a great forum with great advice...I've been lurking around here for years in one form or another. Great wealth of knowledge to be had. 

BTW, B12 shots can be painful but it only last a few seconds. I hate needles personally so I couldn't do it. I'm a big woosie :) shhhh don't tell anyone.

Believe me, I know what you are talking about "normal" people. I don't care what you called it "in recovery" "disease is an addiction" or what I call it "I just woke up where was all those x amount of years" I'm not fond of "normal" people either ?.

Apple vinegar cider - candida and destroying the crap in the guts

Iodine - Multiple health benefits

Cayenne Pepper - Cardiac health

Saw Palmetto - DHT and prostate

Spirulina - Renal flushing/de-toxing

Acetyl L Carnitine - anti oxidant

ZMA - Natural testosterone booster

Lysine - De-toxification and renal repair

Niacin B3 - Cholesterol inhibitor

Milk Thistle - Liver

Cod Liver - Essential fatty oil

Lecithin - Cholesterol/cardiac care

Boron - trace mineral for calcium and mag

K2 - Calcification

Selenium - trace mineral overall health

I take dietary supplements anabolic steroid alternatives to gain strength and cut back on recovery

i take phenibut  hcl supposedly for mood but it doesn't help much

i was taking noo pep t for cognitive effects and a choline source that doubles for workout

@trinity I am curious about the zma.  I have read about testosterone boosters but have found that they do not seem to work all that well.  How long have you been taking it and have you noticed any improvements in T levels?

Thank you everyone for contributing....I am really enjoying the education!

I have just started taking ubiquinol coQ10 for heart health.  One thing I have noticed is that I never seem to feel any real big improvements while supplementing but I definitely feel poorly when I do not take them.   I went to Croatia this summer and did not take anything with me save some Pks for the flight and I definitely felt a little sluggish and my digestion was all screwed up!

I forgot to mention CQ10.

I have thrown ZMA in during my post cycle therapy. My bloods would reveal that I have made a small recovery.

Thanks for the list Trinity. 

I have always taken b supps and fish oil.  I am on Beta blockers now cuz my bp was through the roof.  i also take kratom.  i need to re-think my whole regime now because I have just been put on beta blockers. 

Thanks for the list Trinity. 

I have always taken b supps and fish oil.  I am on Beta blockers now cuz my bp was through the roof.  i also take kratom.  i need to re-think my whole regime now because I have just been put on beta blockers. 
Try hibiscus tea for hypertension and hawthorn berry once stabilised with the beta blockers to drop them.
What are you using propranolol?

I believe chromium piccolinate cause my renal values to raise. This is after reading research that it can cause impairment with prolonged use.
It has now been dropped.

Another good one for good bowel movement is psyllium husks if youre fibre intake is poor.
I also supplement with diatomaceous earth which is another great toxin remover.

I SHOULD be taking a ton but the only thing I really take on a daily basis is a probiotic. But my diet is very difficient in lots of things. :/

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back