What supplements do you take and why?

Phenibut F.A.A. I started using it for insomnia found that it really works. Then today I also read it also promotes protein synthesis, which means muscle growth and less fat. I've been noticing I've been feeling more fit when I wake up lately, and I haven't even been working out. 

Ok so this isn't a diet. But has anyone had Calbee brand Harvest snap peas . Lightly salted flavor. 

Stupid little things are addicting and they keep me regular . 

I have been really liking Panax Ginseng lately.. helps my overall sense of wellbeing. Or Placebo. Either way I am liking it alot! :P

I use Animal Pak training vits, fish oil, COQ10 and a product from USP Labs called SuperCissus for joint support. i'm a 58 year old triathlete and have been competing for over 35 years and love it.

I take omega fat acids and D3 and B vitamins.

omega fat acids for my brain and skin health

D3 for immune support

B vitamins for energy

I personally drink tea to keep my system clean seeing I'm prescribed a heavy amount of of benz, the last thing I need is having my body clogged up with nonsense. 

So what I usually do is take one normal average tea bag and one green tea bag to combine the two and mix it with honey. It's not only healthy for you, it also helps keep your immune system in tact. Believe it or not, I haven't been sick in years. It might be due to the fact I drink a ton of tea a day, who knows. All I know is it flushes your body quite well and it's good for you.

I also sometimes take melatonin to maintain a healthy sleep pattern - not to mention it has other helpful properties aswell giving it two thumbs up for being a multi-use OTC supplement. Only downside is it takes a few days to a week, sometimes longer depending on the person to have a good effect. 

Regarding dietary supplements, I feel like they're sketchy to an extent. I mean yes, they do help but I always ask myself, "Do I really need these?". So reading this thread is very interesting with the methods people use to stay healthy rather it's supplements or specific methods - it's a great thread to read through for anyone that wants advice on such a thing.

I take vitamin c for immunity and energy. I also just started taking glucomannan- powdered form. It helps with regularity, but is also helps suppress your appetite. It works great!

I've cut way back on my supplement intake. Most of it if you research properly is a lot of hocus pocus stirred by a multi billion dollar industry that makes you believe you need it. 

I use aas so obviously I gain an advantage from that but what I say still goes on-off advise for anyone. And I'm still competing so what I'd like everyone really to understand is diet. Whole foods are the best source  and workout cheaper than tonnes of dietary supplements. Fish, chicken, red meat,  tonnes of  veggies and don't be afraid of carbs  they can be your friend. Just do the best you can to not take in to much processed  food but you still can I do, regularly. With the right diet your insides should be singing. I keep it simple and it doesn't change dramatically year round. I just mainly tweak it eg. carb cycle when I'm close to a competition. But I'll give a quick example what I take right now and I'm not far out;

Slingshot whey isolate - expensive but protien/carb/fat ratio is ideal and no bloat. Mixes well. Post workout if I can't get a meal in.

multivitamin - just to make sure in case I'm not getting enough from my diet.

fish oil - studies show you have to take this for a very very long time for it to be beneficial but it's a family tradition so I take my spoonful every morning with my multi vitamins. Keep those joints moist for those who don't cycle deca. 

kale shake -  I use this when I feel low on energy I don't use Pre-works no need for them. This every once a week and I feel fantastic. Tastes terrible though be warned.

• 8 ounces filtered water
  • 4 stalks kale, organic
  • 4 celery stalks, organic
  • 1 cucumber, with the skin
  • 1 pear, halved
  • 1/2″ ginger
  • Blend that bad boy and chug!

FOOD!

x

I do realize a lot of the "science" behind the supplement industry is junk science meant to increase profits by the massive Supploindustrialcomplex, but what I put in my body is based on my own personal experiences.

The garlic is anti-fungal/anti-viral and there is a marked difference in my skin when I don't take it.  I live in the south and sweat a huge amount in the summertime and if I don't take the garlic, athlete's foot arises.

The spirulina has been well documented for a number of years and is great for cleansing and over all health.  I notice that I feel sluggish and less refreshed when I go without it for a number of days.  

The apple cider vinegar dates back to Egyptian times and has number of notable health benefits.   I drink a little in the afternoon and quashes my desire for sweets and also helps maintain a proper ph balance in the body.

I have been taking hawthorn berry extract for the past 3 months to increase blood flow to the heart and my minor angina has been eliminated.  It is actually used as medicine in the E.U. and is prescribed by Doctors.   

So yeah I realize most if is bunk but I do feel better when I take them and that is all that matters to me.  I have not been sick in over 5 years and I suffer no allergic reactions when spring is in full bloom.  I feel pretty damn good considering the damage I did to my body from the age of 17-35.   I also eat a fairly healthy diet and do not drink soda and little to no alcohol.   

I do realize a lot of the "science" behind the supplement industry is junk science meant to increase profits by the massive Supploindustrialcomplex, but what I put in my body is based on my own personal experiences.

The garlic is anti-fungal/anti-viral and there is a marked difference in my skin when I don't take it.  I live in the south and sweat a huge amount in the summertime and if I don't take the garlic, athlete's foot arises.

The spirulina has been well documented for a number of years and is great for cleansing and over all health.  I notice that I feel sluggish and less refreshed when I go without it for a number of days.  

The apple cider vinegar dates back to Egyptian times and has number of notable health benefits.   I drink a little in the afternoon and quashes my desire for sweets and also helps maintain a proper ph balance in the body.

I have been taking hawthorn berry extract for the past 3 months to increase blood flow to the heart and my minor angina has been eliminated.  It is actually used as medicine in the E.U. and is prescribed by Doctors.   

So yeah I realize most if is bunk but I do feel better when I take them and that is all that matters to me.  I have not been sick in over 5 years and I suffer no allergic reactions when spring is in full bloom.  I feel pretty damn good considering the damage I did to my body from the age of 17-35.   I also eat a fairly healthy diet and do not drink soda and little to no alcohol.   
Every supplement you mentioned I would take too or actually do through my diet and you aren't wrong. It's the supplements like monoblahblah, hexablahblah, glucablahblah...The snake oil fitness industry. Unrealistic, ineffective and leave you broke.

bsn syntha 6 protein, monecular nutrition iron dream for sleep/recovery, babies for protein, redbulls for prework out 2-3 cans a day with a mountain dew to get pumped for a evening gym session ! , milk thistle for the liver ! holy water for the dirty sins, lots of carbs ! i do a lot of cardio ! vitamin c,

Last edited by a moderator:
In the morning I have a bowl of fruit and fibre and then take optimised B complex and optimised methyl folate together. I feel a marked difference if I don't take these. I am not edgy or nervous but I'd never take the b complex later than noon

i then have a small lunch like an omelette and take Red krill oil as a it inflammatory, a tablet that has ginger, circumin and bromelian X 3 for  the sickness I sometimes feel but also as an aid to digestion and an anti ainlfmmatory and fighter against colds. I then take Zinc 30mg a day for men's health, mega dose of Magnesium malate to help beat back depression and to aid energy and heart rhythm. I take vitamin E 400iu & B17 ( pangamic acid) it really is great for the liver, detox and liber issues as I habe fatty liver. I take garlic and wild oil of oregano as an antibiotic and anti fungal. The oil of oregano is incredible and it has stopped me, I believe, in the many colds and infections I would bet due to the immune suppressant drugs and corticosteroids for the Crohn's and Wegeners granulomatosis. I have blood taken weekly due to one of the drugs being hard on my liver and I have been ANCA negative since I started on this regimen and so far, so good. I am aiming for antioxidants and anti inflammatory due to the manner of diseases  i aim to add vitamin B17 or amygdalina to act as a prophylactic against cancers  as I am prone to melanoma from meds 

I take calcium with d3 morning and night as it helps fight bowel cancers and helps with the osteopenia from long term meds. 

Half an hour before I wish to sleep I take Schiff Melationin. It has 3 mg if melatonin, 8mg of GABA, Theanine and valerian/ chamomile. It is incredible and makes me sleepy and keeps me asleep and in REM states for most of that sleep m

i know I am much better with this and I buy all online. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I take a number of supplements mostly for heart health such as CoQ10 and fish oil and resveratrol.

For blood glucose and cholesterol I take something called Leche de Alpiste, which is a powder made of canary seeds! Recommended to me by my cardiologist.

For blood pressure I take medications as well as olive leaf extract.

For liver health, milk thistle.

They seem to be helping. The numbers are getting better.

I take hydroxycut and do the Atkins diet no carb deal, I have lost 28 lbs in a month and a half. Not very nutritional but if you wanna lose weight it will work guarantee .

SAMe, Suntheanine, and L tryptophan to regulate serotonin production 

Turmeric for depression and the many other benefits 

Magnesium, Zinc, and Bacopa monnieri to keep my tolerance to ADHD meds down 

ashwaghanda as an adaptogen 

fish oil for heart health and cognitive benefits 

was taking tons more, but was restless and agitated and developed burning tongue syndrome (yes it's a real thing and it's super gross) which made me think I was messing with dopamine too much so no more L dopa, l tyrosine and one more I forget 

mostly take stuff for mood support instead of my physical health. I treat my body like a landfill though so I should probably look into supplements for physical wellness 

Only use a multi vitamin, pharmaton  to be exact.

Use it because my diet aint the best so always take my one a day.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back