When vendor wants dbg user name

• Thread starter Thread starter Vickydog
  • Start date Start date
V

Vickydog

Well, im sure weve all had vendors almost insist on this... Why? It should be our decision... My best vendors never once queried me..now,its up too them, but why cant acustomer have anonymity??  Do yall ferl OK with handing out your user name?

If you are requesting anything to read from a new vendor,  they sometimes will ask for user name so they can cross reference you on here. 

If you don't feel comfortable doing so then don't.  But i don't see any nefarious reasons for a vendor asking.  

I’ve found some vendors reply quicker when I’ve mentioned DBGF but I don’t normally  use my username until after I get to know the vendor a bit better.

Bliss...

I think it should always be left to the individual to make the choice  if they give there user name out. There’s pros and cons. If you want complete anonymity then you have the right not too but in some cases it’s good for a vendor to know your user name so they can cross reference you and see your rep and if they are dealing with a time waster or not. You’ll perhaps be treated in a more responsive manor, although everyone should be treated exactly the same way! I tend to not give out mine until after I’ve communicated with a vendor a few times and if they do indeed want to know my rep, which I’ve found rare tbh up to this point. At the end of the day you are paying for a ‘service’ if you follow their rules and everything is done by the book and conduct yourself in a professional manor who you are on here shouldn’t matter. I most certainly don’t get ‘special’ access or prices with my DGB username or status you get that through communication and trust. You build that just like you built you rep on here.

Rx 

Thanks for the helpful info as I’ve been curious about this issue myself. 😀
Yes, i undetstand the vendors side, as they eant a little insight in to who we all are. So, i tell them now. Unlrss i am pm with them than they see my board name anyway, lol. I tead whete a member stated it very diplomatically. Think it was Candy champion, excuse me as i got that name wrong, I'm sure. They said to a vendor " my dbg name is XYX,and you can read my reviews,something like that. Sounded good.

I tend to give my DBG name when I first contact a new to me vendor. I guess I feel that it might help them to feel comfortable responding to me since they can see I have been a member for a few years, etc. I also do so in the hopes that I will get a quick response :)

Well, im sure weve all had vendors almost insist on this... Why? It should be our decision... My best vendors never once queried me..now,its up too them, but why cant acustomer have anonymity??  Do yall ferl OK with handing out your user name?
You are giving them your address anyways lol. So not very anonymous.

You do NOT have to provide your user name here and any vendor who demands it should be reported to me. Yes, they have your address and whatever name you provide them for the order, but that's not the same as knowing who you are here.

Some members may want to leave a less than stellar review yet still want to work with a vendor in the future so their review should be anonymous. We don't want people withholding reviews for fear of pissing off a vendor and I will be happy to explain this to any vendor who is insisting on having your screen name.

You do NOT have to provide your user name here and any vendor who demands it should be reported to me. Yes, they have your address and whatever name you provide them for the order, but that's not the same as knowing who you are here.

Some members may want to leave a less than stellar review yet still want to work with a vendor in the future so their review should be anonymous. We don't want people withholding reviews for fear of pissing off a vendor and I will be happy to explain this to any vendor who is insisting on having your screen name.
Thank you Mrs. Earl ...i too have been asked. Normally, if i ,me, feel like it, ill let a vendor know.  But as you said. It is an individuals decision. My restaurant, grocery, etc. Et, dont ask for names. This is sales, money. Like Corleone fami!y states" its business, not personal,. "

You are giving them your address anyways lol. So not very anonymous.
I replied to Mrs Earl on your post. I forget which vendor asked me. Probably same one. It is Our decision. Do we think They dont use aliases? Hell, we are not writing checks!!!!

They may do it so that can see if you are a sponsor though. Many only sell in the private forums. 

They may do it so that can see if you are a sponsor though. Many only sell in the private forums. 
Oh, i didnt have that line of thinking on my radar....couldbe. But, i do it with a P M well obviously, and only after ive established a relationship. Funny, we know when cert ain vendors are hopping, as they post less...but i like anonymity.. I only do it when i feel it is of benefit, and, even then " youre getting my scratch,correct? "So who cares?

@2earls FYI I was asked by EuroMed for my user name. Never heard back from him either.

Honestly, before reading this post, I always gave my user name in the email, and it’s never been a problem. If anything, it lets the vendor know you’re a member, s/he can check you out here, if s/he  actually does check the forum.  One vendor thanked me for putting it in my email, and he said he should start requiring it (he’s private now).

I didn’t realize before this post that we don’t need to give it, to protect us from retribution should we leave negative reviews. That makes sense.

So now I just say I’m a member, if it’s a vendor I’m writing for the first time. If a vendor is private, I think s/he is private for a reason, and wants to make sure someone didn’t get his or her contact without permission, since the vendor is private to keep the group small.

Thanks for the great topic. It’s good to know it’s not required. 

I am new to this forum however I usually use my forum ID that I located the vendor on.  There are any number of reasons a vendor may want that information including but not limited to checking the post history of the member.  Let's face it, on a lot of forums there are simply people you would never want to deal with! 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back