When vendor wants dbg user name

• Thread starter Thread starter Vickydog
  • Start date Start date
That's for sure @QuesyVictory. But also some of the nicest, most intelligent sounding, helpful, members turn out to be scammers so there's no foolproof way to avoid them other than to operate in a manner that prohibits them from being able to take advantage. 

Having vendors participate on the forum is actually a relatively new thing. We had a few before, but they rarely posted anything, so we and our vendors got along just fine with "hello, I'm a member of the DBG forum and I would like to get your menu".

I usually have no issue putting my forum handle in the email when i first introduced myself. Start off saying I'm a donating member of the forum and give my handle so they can check out my post history.  

That is too check if you are reporting them as scammers.  This just happened to me.  I was scammed out of a few hundred and they POS d-bag asked me if I had posted "online" and then refused to give me my money back.  So they are scanning these forums to see who's reporting who and then retaliating.  

As a vendor on this forum for over 3 years I would like to respond why  when I receive a price list request from an unknown email address as a vendor I am asking the client from where he has my email and what is his user name there:

1/ to make sure that he comes from a reputable forum, not that somebody just gave him my email

2/ to see if he is a sponsor of the forum - if somebody would like to use information provided by this community but is not ready to contribute to the community, I prefer not to have him as my client

3/ recently there were many scams to Protonmail users and still about half of the clients are using Protonmail. By having client’s user name here I can make a double check and prevent client being scammed (as it happened once already, I was able to prevent the scam by sending a private message to the client).

4/ by knowing client’s user name here I make sure that only clients who had orders from me are posting reviews in my vendor’s thread. Also that the shipping and receiving dates they quote to others as a refference are correct

5/ by knowing clients ID I can also get back to client even if his email address is compromised or he had lost access to it

6/ and finally - revealing one’s user name in no way breaks one’s anonimity. Everybody on this forum knows my user name, how is this in any way compromising my anonimity?

I hope this answers the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alfa has some very good points. Thanks for commenting. It helps protect our vendors which is a top priority. 

LatsDoodis said:
Alfa took the time too check up on my own protonmail hack and saved me some face as I was able to leave for a different service. Those guys are still trying to charge me and I don’t think that bodes well. Squeeze a few extra bucks out of a closed account but ignore the incredible security issues that should be driving everybody away. 
The site also provides some benefit in a neutral third party with peaceful, low attention transactions its main goal. I miss the old escrow system sites back when tor was cool. But sometimes I’ve heard some mediation will occur behind the scenes here if an issue arises 

You do NOT have to provide your user name here and any vendor who demands it should be reported to me. Yes, they have your address and whatever name you provide them for the order, but that's not the same as knowing who you are here.

Some members may want to leave a less than stellar review yet still want to work with a vendor in the future so their review should be anonymous. We don't want people withholding reviews for fear of pissing off a vendor and I will be happy to explain this to any vendor who is insisting on having your screen name.
I was literally just discussing this (your 2nd paragraph) on two different threads before I stumbled into this one. Alright kids, G’night. I’ll most likely be Epsteined in the morning. 😂

When I receive by email a menu request, I am asking the client from where does he have my email address and what is his user name. 

This is to make sure that only sponsors of the Forum can place orders.

Also to make sure that only members who have placed orders from me can post a review in my vendor’s thread. 

Also it happened to me a client who posted a nasty and unfair review but at the same time was sending me emails wanting to be a regular client. 

If someone wants to be a regular client it means he is pleased with the quality of the products and services. So posting a nasty review instead is bypolar and inconsistent. 

I expect mutual respect based relations with my clients - so if they know my email address and my user name here at the Forum, I expect the same. 

I don't wish to create waves, but I don't understand the issue being created here about a vendor wishing to know who thy are dealing with by asking for your handle on this forum.  In response to Alfa, this gentlemen has been amazing in communication with myself, excellent product, and even assisted me with other technology issues I was having, when he did not have to a year or so back.  Just wish he was in the US:)  Hope everybody is well, and had a good Christmas.

Yeah I don't know where I am!

This is to anyone who read my post that didn't make any sense because I posted it on the wrong thread. No more day drinking for me!

@DoomKitty
I just realized that when I was reading Alfa's thread and didn't see my post. Was hoping no one would notice.

I have also been asked for my user name, and I have given it, once again if it is from a high rating Ven.or on here I personally see no harm in this, and I am sure they have their reasons for this request, but in the end it is up to you, you do not have to deal with them...

As a vendor for over 3 and half years it was happening to me members posting both positive and negative reviews in my vendor’s thread without being my clients.

If I am not requesting member’s nickname at the Forum and just accepting and completing orders by email, I could’t know if a review posted in my thread is really from a client of mine or not.

Some new members with zero community reputation were posting me positive reviews most probably just to boost up quickly their rating. When I spot such case I was reporting it to the Mods to delete them since they are not reflecting a real transaction. 

I don’t need unreal “positive rating”.

Giving you user name to a vendor is crazy.  Are they afraid of what you might say about them?  If they are, maybe it's best everyone knows.

Mike

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back