Why Did Db.com Shut Down? How To Avoid The Same Fate?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
If there is current good feedback, then the site is good. As always, order at your own risk and do not spend more than you can afford to lose. May I suggest that you read the "mystery of the geneva clinic" thread, whicj is in the first section on the forums page?

Last edited:
Speaking of sites going down, another forum, pharm rev, seems to be down hard this morning - as in "firefox cannot find the server at....." immediate response. It was up last night. It's different from here, but some good people there, would hate to see it shut down (and more, would hate to see it GET shut down!)

Wow. That sucks. Lots of people here are also members there. Thanks for reporting

And it is now back up! Pushed my worry button too quickly (but I have a hair trigger on the worry button!) /default_wink.png

Hi Sciatic, it's SpaceMatters.  I am pretty sure PR is gone for good.  This is what their latest twitter feed says: 

"'offline until further notice. Due to a legal issue the domain name has been suspended.

If there is current good feedback, then the site is good. As always, order at your own risk and do not spend more than you can afford to lose. May I suggest that you read the "mystery of the geneva clinic" thread, whicj is in the first section on the forums page?
Well I read that I'm just getting a few mixed thoughts on a certain site/person. I read all about the Jewwy situation and its not just that. On lots of review threads there are comments saying oh yeah they're good or not they're not and most of the comments I see on some are from Banned people who were Grand Poobahs or Advanced members, and its kinda left me to assume most of these people were banned for either breaking the rules or being scammers. But then again I haven't figured out yet whether one rule broke constitutes being banned or what. I haven't seen a whole lot of warnings so is it safe to assume if you break a rule once your out or is their some sort of 3-strike rule or does it depend on the severity?

Well I read that I'm just getting a few mixed thoughts on a certain site/person. I read all about the Jewwy situation and its not just that. On lots of review threads there are comments saying oh yeah they're good or not they're not and most of the comments I see on some are from Banned people who were Grand Poobahs or Advanced members, and its kinda left me to assume most of these people were banned for either breaking the rules or being scammers. But then again I haven't figured out yet whether one rule broke constitutes being banned or what. I haven't seen a whole lot of warnings so is it safe to assume if you break a rule once your out or is their some sort of 3-strike rule or does it depend on the severity?
This board has been around for awhile. Look at the dates of the posts of the banned members. And, yes, scamming and rule breaking will get you banned. But, depending on the severity of the offense, warning points are often issued first, often multiple warning points, and sometimes privileges (PM, etc) are revoked. I'm sure a mod could go into more detail. I'm curious, though, why you're so concerned? You just got here. Act polite, treat others as you wish to be treated, don't be crazy and you'll be fine. A group of very nice people currently admin and mod this board.

Hi Sciatic, it's SpaceMatters.  I am pretty sure PR is gone for good.  This is what their latest twitter feed says: 

"'offline until further notice. Due to a legal issue the domain name has been suspended.
Hi Sciatic and SpaceMatters.  As far as I know, their servers were off shore somewhere, beyond the long arm.  Hopefully they can simply migrate to a new domain name if it got seized? Very sad if it's gone for good. So much good info over there.  I haven't had a chance to dig in over here at DBG yet, but I guess I will start reading (beginning with the forum rules).  Keep me posted! 

Hi Sciatic and SpaceMatters.  As far as I know, their servers were off shore somewhere, beyond the long arm.  Hopefully they can simply migrate to a new domain name if it got seized? Very sad if it's gone for good. So much good info over there.  I haven't had a chance to dig in over here at DBG yet, but I guess I will start reading (beginning with the forum rules).  Keep me posted! 
Yeah, odd what the "legal matters" could be. Why that board and not the others that cover the same thing?

Every board has its own personality (and personailities!) I've never been one to feel like you have to put one board down to appreciate another. I frequent several, though I must say PR probably had the most stuff just due to its size.

@sciatic,although I think PRs servers were located outside the US, I did notice via a Whois search that PR's domain host was located in the US. Most of these other forums, the domain is parked offshore. So, if the Feds wanted to seize the PR domain, it would prob be easy. No need to get international cooperation. Hopefully they can work something out and get the forum back up, if even under a different domain name. Obviously, I'm as clueless as everyone else, I'm just speculating. I have no idea if the domain was seized by a govt agency

@sciatic,although I think PRs servers were located outside the US, I did notice via a Whois search that PR's domain host was located in the US. Most of these other forums, the domain is parked offshore. So, if the Feds wanted to seize the PR domain, it would prob be easy. No need to get international cooperation. Hopefully they can work something out and get the forum back up, if even under a different domain name. Obviously, I'm as clueless as everyone else, I'm just speculating. I have no idea if the domain was seized by a govt agency
Interesting.  So it could be that the name was seized which is pretty much what the twitter message said.  Wonder how when it's fixed, the membership will be notified of the new name?  Probably via the twitter feed. 

Any of you PR refugees follow their twitter feed? 

Last edited:
Interesting.  So it could be that the name was seized which is pretty much what the twitter message said.  Wonder how when it's fixed, the membership will be notified of the new name?  Probably via the twitter feed. 

Any of you PR refugees follow their twitter feed? 
This confuses me. I'd love the problem to simply be the name was siezed/shut down and nothing more. But why and on what basis would the name be seized? And who would do that?

This confuses me. I'd love the problem to simply be the name was siezed/shut down and nothing more. But why and on what basis would the name be seized? And who would do that?
The way I understand is the domain names are simply associated with an IP address where the web server and site content is actually stored. So the domain host has DNS servers that translate and map all requests to that domain to the web servers, which are generally separate from the domain. The govt can seize a domain name and not necessarily have access to the web servers and content. Gaining access to the content, if off shore, would probably entail cooperation with LE or courts in that country.

Or, the domain host can switch you off if they believe you are doing something against the terms of service.

If you read the blog at easydns, the company that was hosting one of the AMC's, you can see how this plays out. FDA and ICANN filed a compliant against easydns, and they chose to shut down the AMC domain rather than fight it.

again, I have no personal knowledge if that's what's going on with PR, I'm just speculating.

The way I understand is the domain names are simply associated with an IP address where the web server and site content is actually stored. So the domain host has DNS servers that translate and map all requests to that domain to the web servers, which are generally separate from the domain. The govt can seize a domain name and not necessarily have access to the web servers and content. Gaining access to the content, if off shore, would probably entail cooperation with LE or courts in that country.

Or, the domain host can switch you off if they believe you are doing something against the terms of service.

If you read the blog at easydns, the company that was hosting one of the AMC's, you can see how this plays out. FDA and ICANN filed a compliant against easydns, and they chose to shut down the AMC domain rather than fight it.

again, I have no personal knowledge if that's what's going on with PR, I'm just speculating.
Thanks, that is very informative. BTW - I've seen reference to AMC, or AMCs - what is that?

Airmailchemist sciatic. International vendor.

Last edited:
I'm still reading the rules here and don't want to violate any, but the initials refer to a group of iops, one of which had a domain go down recently.

This board has been around for awhile. Look at the dates of the posts of the banned members. And, yes, scamming and rule breaking will get you banned. But, depending on the severity of the offense, warning points are often issued first, often multiple warning points, and sometimes privileges (PM, etc) are revoked. I'm sure a mod could go into more detail. I'm curious, though, why you're so concerned? You just got here. Act polite, treat others as you wish to be treated, don't be crazy and you'll be fine. A group of very nice people currently admin and mod this board.
Im not that concerned just curious, I'm very polite normally unless someone gets on my bad side and then they may just get let into but as far as rule breaking I wouldn't purposely break any rules unless I didn't know of them and I just don't want to get banned for saying the wrong thing or something. Also Im trying to decifer which info is legit and isn't so obviously if someone was banned for scamming they're info is prolly not legit if they were banned for just saying the wrong thing on a board I figure it could be legit. Maybe i'm just reading too far into things /-8 Us libras worry too much.

If the name just got seized can't it be bought back? As long as it hasn't been put to use that is. Like one time I let a domain expire and then went back through another domain supplier and bought it back. Can't they just go to a foreign domain supplier and buy it back?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back