Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Just wanted to have a place to talk about make-up, skincare, and lots of girlie stuff!

You guys are all so pretty! I would love to see more pics of our gorgeous gals! I am really interested in skin care and make-up! I have not worn much in the past but, at my age, somethings are becoming necessary! Would love to hear about it ALL!

My fav thing lately, for exfoliation is Avon's Anew glycolic peel pads. They work amazing! I hadnt had any in a while and i had blackheads on my nose. I got some again and with one good treatment they were all gone. They make your skin so smooth and make-up (i wear a BB cream) goes on like glass. Plus your skin can absorb more of treatments too! If you use em twice a week, the change in your skin is amazing. They are presoaked in the acid and they are on these really great scrubby pads. Awesome!

Love this topic !!!

I just looked up the glycolic peels - i like that price too! I'm going to get some and i'll report back on how they worked for my skin. My skin is oily.

I'm loving this Clinique 'highlighter' chubby stick. I don't use foundation (the whole oily thing...i've tried many many foundations and every single one of them leads to a break-out. Plus i'm terrible about remembering to take off my makeup before bed. So i just ended up cutting out foundation), but i use powder.

After I finish all my makeup and powder, the last thing i do is swipe this highlighter on 4 times- down my nose, each cheekbone, and across my forehead. I rub it in and voila! Somehow it just makes my whole face look better/brighter/younger.

Right now i'm learning how to use liquid eyeliner. I'll have to post about how that is going ! I even went to the Clinique counter in Dillards and got a tutorial. Maybe i'll do a little video.

Fun!

I'm looking for it on amazon and all I can find is this:

Avon ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Retexturizing Peel, 1.47 Ounce

Is this it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think....I looked on Avon.com it was the product with little pads you wipe on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I am going to have to look at those Avon pads. I had a trial of the ones the philosophy makes but they were like $90-$100.

I am with you too ajmorgan99, my skin is really oily too. My derm always said when I was in my 50's and my friends were all wrinkled I would be happy. Well, I am at 50. Still not happy about it! /default_smile.png

I quit trying the makeup for "oily" skin. I did find a primer made for women of color that does help with the shine. Plus I stay fairly dark all year round that I don't look pasty without foundation.

I also just found a new eyeliner I am in love with--my eyelids are oily too and usually by 10 am my eyeliner has slid away. The new stuff I am using is Mally's bulletproof.

Omg the philsophy ones are amazeballs. I love philosophy EVEYTHING until they sold the company, that is. Amazing Grace andPure Grace are the only perfunes that I wear. But the avons are better even! Yes that is the right product. The advanced retexturizing peel, glycolic with soothing extracts. You guys will love them! My skin can be sensitive at times i am allergic to lots of stuff....instead of zits I get hives. They take forever to go away!

I love highlighters but have yet to find one that doesnt make me out and out sparkle. I have some benefit ones.....i like them but i am gonna give them to my daughter (whenever I say daughter/son, i mean Ottos kids, sick of calling them "step kids", as they dont really have a Mom, except me) they are sparkly. Not too sparkly, but too sparkly for someone my age.

I am not big on eye makeup at ALL but I find that my eyes (which most say is my best feature) are not "popping" as I age. My lids are getting puffy too and I have bags under. I usually wear a serum or two, moisturizer and eye cream, then concealer and tinted mosturizer. I am BIG on not looking like I have makeup on at all. I have been experimenting with a violet eye pencil.....supposed to make green eyes "pop" but it just looks like someone kicked me in the eye...so I take it off.

I used to have a whole lot more money than I do....so I love inexpensive. Aka NOT philosophy!

God I could go on all night talking about is stuff! What kind of eye cream do you guys use. I currentlyuse ROC.....it is pretty good! I used to use La Mer....yep cant afford THAT anymore! Lol!

Omg I LOVE Mally! She is so darling! I have a very oily t zone and recently my cheeks are parched.

Oh! Oh! I heard that (dont laugh) monistat non-chafing cream is the best primer ever! I must try. Right now i use Serious Skin Care a-primer. It is like twenty bucks. I bet the monistst is cheaper. I have tried other primers, but i love the serious skin care cuz it is really slippery and has the prettiest pink-y sheen to it.

Ok i am ready to explode on this topic! Lol! I want to hear everyones "routine"! I love that you guys are intersted! Xoxoxoxo

Jesus Mary and Joseph (no im not Catholic..lol!) my post count is going to explode!

Last edited:
I like to use Holika Holika petit clearing formula for a bb cream; it has tee tree oil for breakouts (I am in my late 30's and still get them:() and it's inexpensive which is a plus

I just started using Duwop Foundation of Youth and LOVE it! I need foundation to even out my skin tone because I did a lot of tanning over the years; indoor and esp outdoor so when I'm not tan I feel I look too pale/uneven. I know it's bad but, I still tan, outside only with sunscreen now though.

I don't obsess too much about my makeup but hair products- omg there is not a brand I have not tried, there are many I love but am loyal to none:)

I love this topic. I've always had waaay too much make-up, perfume, skin care products, hair products. I just think it's so much fun!

I have the dreaded combination skin. Usually on the oily side but after moving to the desert, really dry in spots. I do credit the type of skin I have for not having wrinkles, you have to take the good with the bad.

I'll start with my last make-up splurge. My salon owner friend took me shopping at Mac (she has a 40 % discount). I bought a load of stuff, but the stand out product for me was the eyeliner. Don't wear liquid eye liner often, but this one is easy to apply and STAYS ON. It's actually not easy to remove without a good make-up remover. Doesn't flake or anything. My new fave for that category. Best pencil liner is Chanel. Pricey, but pencils last a long time. Smooth application and looks good regular or smudged. Or, for a softer look I'll go over it with a dark eye shadow color.

I'm going to have a hard time not blabbing my head off!

I do like how foundation evens out the skin tone but after trying 100's none of them look good on me and then one day I had an idea, lol.  I now use sunless tanning cream for the face and not only does it look like I have foundation on but I don't have to wash it off and best of all doesn't cake in creases, doesn't sit on top of the skin as it gets absorbed.  I do try to get quality so no orange look, ugh!... and I don't put it on more than twice a week... works great for me.

Oh yeah, and I also love tinted moisturizer.

I have about 15-20 bottles/tubes of foundation I have bought that don't work for me. From $4 brand to $80 brand lol, I can usually get a good color match but my skin can be tempermental:)

The one that has really frustrated me is the Bare Minerals....I bought a starter kit and watched the tutorials and have experimented with it a lot and I just don't get it :/ no matter what type of primer I use it just ends up looking like I put on too much powder or my face looks dirty.Really disappointing bc I like the idea of it.....

The other disappointment was foundation mousse- it felt and looked like I used finger paints for makeup, its supposed to be really light and airy but to me even using minimal amount felt like a mask that was going to crack, I threw it away:)

Oh, and I love, love, love Poison by Dior. I have worn it for 10+ years. It's a bit heavy for daytime daily use though (really musky) so sometimes Ill use DKNY be delicious; can't describe how it smells but I like it <3

Oh, and I love, love, love Poison by Dior. I have worn it for 10+ years. It's a bit heavy for daytime daily use though (really musky) so sometimes Ill use DKNY be delicious; can't describe how it smells but I like it <3
I used to wear that back in my clubbing days. It's a very distinctive scent and I think of it as night time/sexy.

Right now I'm using a Chloe scent that I can't remember the name of. It's pretty and light. My sister-in-law gave me Nikki Minaj fragrance for Xmas as kind of a joke gift. The bottle is shaped like her! It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm a big Philosophy fan too. I introduced my husband to it and he buys me all kinds of fun stuff.

I do like how foundation evens out the skin tone but after trying 100's none of them look good on me and then one day I had an idea, lol. I now use sunless tanning cream for the face and not only does it look like I have foundation on but I don't have to wash it off and best of all doesn't cake in creases, doesn't sit on top of the skin as it gets absorbed. I do try to get quality so no orange look, ugh!... and I don't put it on more than twice a week... works great for me.

Oh yeah, and I also love tinted moisturizer.
That is a great idea! What brand do you use? My skin has become dry as I've aged and so many foundations are too heavy looking.
I splurged a few years ago and started using Obagi skin care. It has a cleanser, bleacher, exfoliator and Retin A cream. My skin peeled like a lizard and I could hardly make it thru the 4 month regime. Once I did my skin looked better than it ever had. Ever. No foundation needed---just a tinted moisturizer. I didn't keep it up though because of the cost but also it was like I molted ever few weeks. I never knew when I would get a "peel".
I would LOVE to have a professional peel though. There are all kinds of peels that can be bought at makeupforever.com but I'm afraid of DIY skin acid! Ha!
I don't have that many wrinkles but the effects of years of "laying out" are a constant battle. These girls that never have had a sunburn or gone into a tanning bed are smart and have such pretty skin. Back in my day, the darker the better.

I too love philosophy "unconditional love" I use the lotion, body wash and perfume. I think I might be the only one who didnt know they had sold to Cody. I found that out yesterday. QVC had the set as their TSV so I ordered it. /default_smile.png

Okay, monistat as in the female "itch" cream? If that is so I am down for trying that!

Almost three years ago I had a terrible accident and ended up kissing the windshield with my entire face. Pieces of glass were enbedded along my jaw line so I have terrible scars that I have given up on trying to cover!

I am from the same camp on the bare minerals. I don't typically even try powder anymore as my face is just too oily. The bare minerals made my face look like I fell face-first into a bowl of powder.

I love this conversation too!

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back