BITCOIN ADVICE

I tried to use the seed words to get back into electrum. Can't even enter the words. Had know problem with the wallet untill i had to update the wallet. Could this be a hack? Do electrum do updates? Can't even download load a new wallet on the device i used
They do have updates and a recent one was important enough to block old versions. I would try to download a new version. Think they are on 3.3.8 now on desktop. This is the address and download link is at bottom.  https://electrum.org/#home 
I will caution you that in crypto you should find and bookmark links, crazy crap happens. That's the real link but I could give you a dummy link and screw you so feel free to google for it, it's like the wild west and no one will come to save you. I use the Windows installer version, the standalone works too though. 
If new version doesn't already have your info, tell it you want a new wallet and use those seed words to establish it.
Good Luck

@delawaredrew your advice was spot on. Luckily it wasn't a phishing scam, so didn't lose any coins. Good to know that i should look out for that and the bookmark is something i've never saw the need to use, but will from now on. Thanks

I tried to use the seed words to get back into electrum. Can't even enter the words. Had know problem with the wallet untill i had to update the wallet. Could this be a hack? Do electrum do updates? Can't even download load a new wallet on the device i used
I would try to uninstall it and reinstall to make sure it is safe. I did not have an update on my wallet and it is working fine still. I use a macbook so I don't know if they have different updates for it. I have never had to use the seed words so I may not be the best person to trouble shoot it. but it is worth a try. 

@vitruviusbeard That was the first thing i tried the uninstall. That didn't work. I took the advice of delawadrew and got it working again. There may have been a attempt to phish. I might of went on a fake site to get the wallet again. But that's just speculation. Went to electrum.org and fixed the problem. Thanks anyway for you advice.

I tried a few wallets like Electrum , Exodus and currently using Rahakott never had an issue with any of them but Rahakott is probably the best I used as far as anonymity is concerned & will work with Tor. It also has a built in mixer if you need to use that, check it out.

@vitruviusbeard I was wondering if u could help me.  I have been trying to learn BTC to the best of my ability.  However, I am quite nervous and unsure if I am doing it correctly.

Don't have a laptop anymore, so only using my phone.  Downloaded BRD wallet for my phone and have gotten registered/approved for Coinmama.

Could u please tell me if these 2 can successfully work together?  Really don’t want to lose my money with a silly mistake.

Once I successfully purchase BTC, do I contact J/Strl for the address to send?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.  Thank u for any assistance

@FlyAway

Fly, gave it a try and transferred some from Electrum. Don;t like having to use full seed to login 1st step.

Other than that, like what I see with the strong mixer like you said.

One thing I don't see for a send is a setting for fees, like Electrum - want fast and not held up in the blockchain. Wondering about that if I do a send to a vendor

Also no mobile app but no big deal.

Thanks

@FlyAway

Fly, gave it a try and transferred some from Electrum. Don;t like having to use full seed to login 1st step.

Other than that, like what I see with the strong mixer like you said.

One thing I don't see for a send is a setting for fees, like Electrum - want fast and not held up in the blockchain. Wondering about that if I do a send to a vendor

Also no mobile app but no big deal.

Thanks
@Stas56 Yeah there are a couple inconveniences but you can disable two factor authentication and if you have two wallets inside of it, delete one and I think it goes back to just a password. Having more than one wallet makes it harder to log in. I'm still playing around with it but I like it. I think it uses a default fee when transferring but I didn't notice any delay in them. Here's a FAQ https://rahakott.io/pages/faq#tos

Last edited by a moderator:
@Conceited Thank u for the response.  It didn’t occur to me to try that (because I read there was a ‘maximum’ per day but not a minimum).

I will be thrilled if I finally master BTC:).  Thanks again.  Have a good day

@Conceited Could u help me?  I set up an account with Cmama and was approved for Level 1.  Tried to buy BTC but the transaction failed.  I have the money on my debit card.  Cmama said maybe it was 3D Authentication failed.  My card does not have 3D.

Do u have any idea what on earth I’m doing wrong?

THANKS in advance for any advice.  Apologies if this is stupidly obvious.

@Conceited Could u help me?  I set up an account with Cmama and was approved for Level 1.  Tried to buy BTC but the transaction failed.  I have the money on my debit card.  Cmama said maybe it was 3D Authentication failed.  My card does not have 3D.

Do u have any idea what on earth I’m doing wrong?

THANKS in advance for any advice.  Apologies if this is stupidly obvious.
Not sure if this is the issue, but sometimes cards will deny the payment because its going to a different country and so gets flagged.  In which case you have to call your card issuer and verify that you want to make that purchase.

@DoomKitty Thank you greatly for the advice.  Didn’t know that.  Will try to call the card co and see if it helps.  I have been trying to pay Strl for 10 days, and it’s beyond frustrating.

Much appreciated

@DoomKitty I called the debit card company.  They said Mastercard stopped the transaction due to their Fraud Policy (Bitcoin and online gambling).  I said to allow the transaction.  They said there was nothing they could do.

Tried to also set up Cashapp, but the site said my debit card was not supported.

Do u know of any way around this?  I have genuinely tried all I can to figure this out, and it’s not working.  I am at a loss, as to what to do now.

If u have any advice or suggestions, I would be very grateful.  Thanks

@DoomKitty I called the debit card company.  They said Mastercard stopped the transaction due to their Fraud Policy (Bitcoin and online gambling).  I said to allow the transaction.  They said there was nothing they could do.

Tried to also set up Cashapp, but the site said my debit card was not supported.

Do u know of any way around this?  I have genuinely tried all I can to figure this out, and it’s not working.  I am at a loss, as to what to do now.

Its definitely not a mastercard thing as ive used one plenty of times b4.  Most likely its your banks policy.  Many banks wont allow bitcoin purchases.  The easiest way (for a beginner) would be to open another bank account at a more well known place and just use that one for your btc.  A bit of a hassle at first but doable if you are going to be using btc a lot.  Would be especially easy if both banks supported **** as you could freely and quickly transfer money between accounts and then buy bitcoin.  Im not sure, but its worth seeing if CashApp will accept prepaid cards, as that would be an easy route as well.   I would suggest buying them in person, but if you are new you will most likely get ripped off.  Another option is a bitcoin atm, but they charge ASTRONOMICAL fees.  Again, for long term and ease having an account at a bank that allows bitcoin purchasing would be my first choice.  Lmk if you have any other questions i may be able to help with.  And im sure others have more options as well! good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its definitely not a mastercard thing as ive used one plenty of times b4.  Most likely its your banks policy.  Many banks wont allow bitcoin purchases.  The easiest way (for a beginner) would be to open another bank account at a more well known place and just use that one for your btc.  A bit of a hassle at first but doable if you are going to be using btc a lot.  Would be especially easy if both banks supported Zelle as you could freely and quickly transfer money between accounts and then buy bitcoin.  Im not sure, but its worth seeing if CashApp will accept prepaid cards, as that would be an easy route as well.   I would suggest buying bitcoin in person, but if you are new you will most likely get ripped off.  Another option is a bitcoin atm, but they charge ASTRONOMICAL fees.  Again, for long term and ease having an account at a bank that allows bitcoin purchasing would be my first choice.  Lmk if you have any other questions i may be able to help with.  And im sure others have more options as well! good luck!

When you called did you say it was for BC? If you did that's where you went wrong. Any decent BC vendor will tell you that. Try paxfull or local bit. Jump through the hoops the vendor tells you to. When you come to the online banking bit follow the instructions the vendor tells you. Normally its ad a new payee, put in the reference they give you and amount you got to pay, then send. As soon as you did that the vendor releases BC. Its that simple

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back