Does anyone here have an addiction and doesn't smoke cigarettes?

You're not the only one @US Army Veteran, I also am addict who doesn't smoke. The thing that's even more peculiar to me (because I did smoke when I was quite younger) is when I stop using drugs to have some clean time I don't smoke then either. I would expect to smoke during those times but I don't.  

You're not the only one @US Army Veteran, I also am addict who doesn't smoke. The thing that's even more peculiar to me (because I did smoke when I was quite younger) is when I stop using drugs to have some clean time I don't smoke then either. I would expect to smoke during those times but I don't.  
That's awesome. Now I do admit I do on rare occasions socially smoke a cig maybe 2 but that's not very often at all. I don't like the taste or smell

Last edited by a moderator:
@US Army Veteran I take Benzs. but was able to quit smoking while I was in Florida- I got clean off narcotics and c so I decided I wanted to be healthy again- I got a fitbit and started getting up at 6:00 am and walked and half jogged everyday. I was up to 3 miles a day while I watched the sunrise on the ocean it was so peaceful. I couldn't believe all the elderly doing the same thing I was doing, They say if you quit moving when you get older you will die much sooner. Anyways I used Chantix to quit smoking and despite the horrible nightmares that came with it by I would say just one week I would try to smoke but one hit made me physically nauseous. So it was really easy for me if you do have nightmares- my husband quit also but he never had nightmares. I would say in two weeks we were done for good, I have a 3 month supply but I just quit and sit) have no urges it just makes me sick now being around cigarette smoke- but I'm not one of those snobby ex smokers! It's unhealthy as he'll but who am I to tell what other people to do with their bodies-

@US Army Veteran I take Benzs. but was able to quit smoking while I was in Florida- I got clean off narcotics and c so I decided I wanted to be healthy again- I got a fitbit and started getting up at 6:00 am and walked and half jogged everyday. I was up to 3 miles a day while I watched the sunrise on the ocean it was so peaceful. I couldn't believe all the elderly doing the same thing I was doing, They say if you quit moving when you get older you will die much sooner. Anyways I used Chantix to quit smoking and despite the horrible nightmares that came with it by I would say just one week I would try to smoke but one hit made me physically nauseous. So it was really easy for me if you do have nightmares- my husband quit also but he never had nightmares. I would say in two weeks we were done for good, I have a 3 month supply but I just quit and sit) have no urges it just makes me sick now being around cigarette smoke- but I'm not one of those snobby ex smokers! It's unhealthy as he'll but who am I to tell what other people to do with their bodies-
I'm a social smoker but don't smoke often at all. I'm glad I never got that habit! Congrats on quitting. Maybe I should recommend chantix to my daughters mother and my own mother too. Congrats honey!

I got addictions and vape does that count as a smoker 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HaHa, nah don't reckon that makes you qualify..🤔

I buy 30 a day but half of them or more get used on spliffs (No NOT with bud, but Hashish) 😋

I personally don't know many if any people that don't smoke and have addictions.

It's just one of those things that seems to come hand in hand with addiction..

Regards,  T.

I quit smoking and alcohol about 25 years ago. Addictions I have in bundles not not nicotine or ethanol based..

Never smoked in my life.....anything!  But I love how clean and neat pills are!

I have never smoked a cigarette or used any tobacco in my life.  My parents smoked in the house and cars (which was worse).  In a way that made me despise cigarettes.  Also through my teens I was majorly into sports and pretty good I must say.  So that was another deterrent from smoking and drugs.  I take pain meds now because of injuries mostly from sports including amateur MMA fighting through my 20's and early 30's.  So I guess you can say that something that deterred me from using addictive substances in the long run caused me to use them.

I buy a pack once a week and will have 3 to 5 a night. If I have a little wine 7 is my limit .

i have addictions and I handle them w/ ocd behavior:)  my husband though is all or nothing. If he gets meds he will use them all in like 2 days. I try to string mine out like a meal plan . Though there are some super tough days I give in ;-

Interesting topic, I was never a tobacco smoker myself... when I was young and now, I could never inhale a cig without coughing. I can handle a cigar (rarely do it) and weed with no problem.

A little off topic, but it seems that on tv shows like live pd, people who lite up a cigarette as soon as they get pulled over are the ones mostly getting pulled out of their car and searched. Not sure if the law is trained to look for that.

Cigarettes were my first addiction, but it has 10 years since I one. Never want to go back.

Someone brought up drinking. Drinking just doesn’t appeal to me these days. Though I did drink a lot when I was younger.

Quitting cigarettes was a piece that of cake though. Anyone who gave up benzodiazepines and/or Tramadol will know what I am saying. For an addict they are vicious; once they have got you by the collar they will roll you in and punch you.

It’s opiates that I am addicted to. My DR treats me with Tylenol 4 and Vicodin for migraines and has for years. Without it I would be in bed with pain. But the monthly prescription isn’t enough. So I supplement them with C@#60 and D&C. 

The “high” has gone away and has gone away years ago. It’s just that I feel normal when taking them. If that makes sense. 😮

I've found that all of my vices/addictions get worse when I'm taking oxy.  I've smoked cigarettes for a long time,  but I smoke WAY more when i'm taking pills. I also eat way more junk food, drink more soda, etc.  Something about the dopamine/pleasure-reward system gets enhanced and I find it reallly hard to self-discipline.  Interestingly, Kratom has the opposite effect and I can go all day without eating or smoking.

Like a few others, I smoked for well over 40 years and was on 40-60/day when I found vaping.

Now I vape as avidly as I used to smoke, chain vaping.

Only thing I seem to have got right was quitting booze in about 1995, but slowly started and increasingly use 'other things' to compensate.

I smoked cigs when I was 22, quit when I was 23, I’m 39 now. I smoked Newport 100s and would rip the filter off. I went to rehab for alcohol. In detox, they offered us free packs of cigarettes. 305 Brand I believe. I declined smokes but opted for the copious amounts of Lil Debbie pastries they made 

available. Two of the fellow addicts I was housed with never smoked before, per their confession, but they were smoking like chimneys once we were moved to our recovery house. After rehab, I started smoking MJ off and on. To this day, I can’t smell cig smoke without crunching up my nose. But then again, the smell of hand sanitizer makes me wretch. My mother smokes 2-3 packs a day, doesn’t drink or do drugs of any sort. She’s been smoking since she was six! She’s 63 now. Got started when she her mother asked her to light her a cig on the stove. She had to puff so it would light. 

Never smoked cigi's but I know all about addiction.... and self medicating...most of us humans are only self medicating an underlying problem!!

Frog Baseball

Addiction is a strange thing for sure.  The things that appeal to each of us & how different our cravings are.

I've never had anything to smoke in my entire life and I've passed the half century mark.  I've also never had a drink before.  

Yip addiction is a curious thing. I don’t really drink I can go months to a year without touching a drop or feeling the need and it’s not even fitness related I’ve just never had that massive urge. But I smoke a little maybe 5-6 a day. I enjoy benzos but I’ve through a lot of error previously learned  to be super strict or I go deep...real deep! Steroids obviously aren’t addictive (that ones complicated though) however I am on all year round regardless if I’m competing that year or not but I’m very educated with my doses so I’m getting max when I truly am ‘on’ I’ve written several articles about it for those interested...or not. 

At the end of the day we all have a vice life is what it is and we do what we must to get by. Just be as safe as you can be within those parameters because we only have one.

Rx

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back