Favorite Movies

• Thread starter Thread starter kittykat
  • Start date Start date
Only God Forgives....was stunning from a purely Cinematic perspective. The sorry was compelling but the delivery was much like a dream the director experienced and tried to explain it to others. It's nearly impossible for others to understand our night time dreams as they are usually emotions strung together with pictures that may or may not make sense. Some stories should not be told...that's my take on Only God Forgives.

I truly enjoy Gosling's acting...Half Nelson was fantastic. He is a tremendous actor that does not rely on his good looks to get him through...he could look like Steve Buscemi and still be a strong interpreter of film.
99, Half Nelson was wonderful. I watched it years ago on movies on demand...After I watched it three times, I had no idea why I hadn't heard of it before. I went ahead and purchased the soundtrack because I dig some of the more obscure music that Indie films introduce. Of course, many years later, I hear a few of the tracks in mainstream, but I loved the movie enough that listening to the soundtrack brings me back to the story.

I'd forgotten about that movie.

Garden State.

I can't say if I would like it as much now, but when I saw it the first time, I really found the theme uncomfortably familiar and awkwardly humorous. Again, I really liked the soundtrack and even though now, years later, the tracks are not so obscure, listening takes me back to the movie that I enjoyed.

I thought that the cast was a. interesting and a clever group. This was when Portman wasn't so fancy and didn't seem to take herself so damn seriously.

I actually liked Braff in this film, he was almost crush-worthy...

Saw Garden State and  while I can relate to Braffs charater (catatonic,over medicated, grieving) I found the premise unrealistic. How many times does a drop dead gorgeous women just fall in your lap like that? P-lease.

Saw Garden State and while I can relate to Braffs charater (catatonic,over medicated, grieving) I found the premise unrealistic. How many times does a drop dead gorgeous women just fall in your lap like that? P-lease.
I never cared for it or connected to it. Dunno why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did like the soundtrack, great compilation. Coldplay, Zero7, even some Simon & Garfunkel

Last edited:
Labyrinth, really? David Bowie? Alrighty, theres no accounting for taste......I'm kidding! I luv a good scifi or fantasy film, a good one that is...... /default_tongue.png

Havent seen Who's That Girl, dont think, maybe.......

Off topic, yet so retarded, the worst video ever......couldnt hep myself.

Fine. I'll give you that.

My fave movie is Labyrinth.

Second fave is Who's That Girl

Both make me happy!!

Who's That Girl...taking me back a few years, but yes, I loved this movie, although, now I think of it as a strange bio on Madonna more than anything.

Nonetheless I watched it constantly for months, either because I liked it because options were limited...no cable for the fist 20 years of my life...although, I still survived.

Who's That Girl...taking me back a few years, but yes, I loved this movie, although, now I think of it as a strange bio on Madonna more than anything.

Nonetheless I watched it constantly for months, either because I liked it because options were limited...no cable for the fist 20 years of my life...although, I still survived.
No, it doesn't quite fit my current view of Madonna. But I love it none the less.

I'm kind of a film nerd and this my descending worst-to-best list of films released in 2013, that I saw.

Only God Forgives

The Grandmaster

Ender's Game

Enough Said

Gravity

Blue Caprice

The

Wolverine

Drug War

World War Z

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The Conjuring

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Wadjda

Lore

Fill the Void

Europa Report

Trance

Fruitvale Station

All Is Lost

The Hunt

12 years a slave

Captain Phillips

The Attack

Prisoners

The World's End

A Hijacking

Elysium

Side Effects

Garden State.

I can't say if I would like it as much now, but when I saw it the first time, I really found the theme uncomfortably familiar and awkwardly humorous. Again, I really liked the soundtrack and even though now, years later, the tracks are not so obscure, listening takes me back to the movie that I enjoyed.

I thought that the cast was a. interesting and a clever group. This was when Portman wasn't so fancy and didn't seem to take herself so damn seriously.

I actually liked Braff in this film, he was almost crush-worthy...
Great film! Have you seen Chris Nolan's 1st film "Following"?  AWESOME!

I have loved Natalie Portman since she was in "Leon"...she is the most beautiful woman alive.

Say hello to my big furry friend!

2mccapd.jpg

Reactions: _X_
I watched Following a few months ago on netflix. Pretty cool indeed.

Great film! Have you seen Chris Nolan's 1st film "Following"? AWESOME!

I have loved Natalie Portman since she was in "Leon"...she is the most beautiful woman alive.
99, I have not, haven't even heard of it. A quick google search further confirms that it's unknown to this girl. I'll check it out.I'll agree, Natalie Portman is quite a cutie. I might withhold "most beautiful woman alive" for another, but good luck, she seems friendly, maybe she's looking for a new "friend"...

B

Great film! Have you seen Chris Nolan's 1st film "Following"?  AWESOME!

Well, I might know a guy who could put in a good word for you! /default_biggrin.png

o9e78w.jpg

I was a little disappointed with Anchorman 2, not as funny as it should have been with those guys. I think American Hustle is the best I have seen recently. Was pleasantly surprised it was as good as the promos...

Holy CRAP what a massive picture. I have no idea how I did it, but sweet.

I just discover the Rooney Mara and Kate Mara are sisters. That's why I can't stop staring at either of them. Because they are such great actresses… It makes me want to stare…because they are such great actresses… it make me want to stare…because they are….
TCX-08-rooney-and-kate-mara-0513.jpg

I just saw Lone Survivor. I had low expectations as the previews didn't due it justice, but it is good. I'd even say very good.

I love going to the cineplex and wandering in and out watching two or three movies. Best days.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back