Favorite Tv Series

DBG

I don't have cable, but have NetFlix and a friend's HBOGO account password.  Most all the series I've seen have in the past few years have been on either of those, or borrowed DVDs.  Any suggestions on good shows on NetFlix or HBOGO?

Just started watching The Wire.  Still early in season 1, but I can already tell its shaping up to be a great show, and with 5 seasons, I'll likely get sucked into this series for quite a while. 

Other favorites (in no particular order):

Game of Thrones

Spartacus (haven't seen the latest season, War of the Damned.. no spoilers please!)

Lost

Prison Break

Breaking Bad

Walking Dead

Camelot

VICE

Trailer Park Boys (hilarious)

Sons of Anarchy (only have finished the first 3 seasons)

Even though I'm barely started on The Wire.. already thinking of trying 24 or Dexter next.  Both of those seem like series I'd enjoy.

What are some of your recent favorites? 

Heisenberg: I really enjoyed The Wire. SOA is another favorite of mine as is LOST, 24 & Walking Dead.

You didn't mention The Sopranos. Have you watched it? Incredible show! So sad about "Tony's" recent passing.

Some other shows I've enjoyed:

- Dexter

- Rescue Me

- Vampire Diaries

- Friday Night Lights

- Lie To Me

- True Blood

- Damages

- Revenge

- The Killing

- Any Law and Order or CSI

- Any Investigation Discovery show: cops, robbers, killers, stalkers...everyday "life" stuff ;-)

All great shows - most with long runs.

What can I say...it rains a LOT where I live, so I watch a lot of TV in the winter...

Happy viewing! Hope others share too, I need some new recommendations!

FG

Heisenberg: I really enjoyed The Wire. SOA is another favorite of mine as is LOST, 24 & Walking Dead.

You didn't mention The Sopranos. Have you watched it? Incredible show! So sad about "Tony's" recent passing.

Some other shows I've enjoyed:

- Dexter

- Rescue Me

- Vampire Diaries

- Friday Night Lights

- Lie To Me

- True Blood

- Damages

- Revenge

- The Killing

- Any Law and Order or CSI

- Any Investigation Discovery show: cops, robbers, killers, stalkers...everyday "life" stuff ;-)

What can I say...it rains a LOT where I live, so I watch a lot of TV in the winter...

FG
Frankie I love Friday Nite Lights, Shameless is another good one!  House is another.  Thanks for sharing /default_smile.png

FG
I have not actually ever watched The Sopranos, but I've heard its a great show. Is it available on NetFlix?

Good call on the Investigation Discovery stuff.. I too love shows or good documentaries about real life events. VICE on HBOGO is along those lines, you should check it out.

Good taste on you people.

Game of thrones

Breaking bad

Sopranos

Boardwalk empire

shameless (us)

south park

spartacus (when the main character was alive)

californication

louie c.k

walking dead

lost

finding bigfoot (Yes I believe in sasquatch)

ancient aliens

two and a half men

eastbound and down

american dad

csi stuff just feels like propaganda to me, to enforce people to like these sort of things to take people freedoms (exept killers and rapers)

Still slowly watching The Wire. Hour long episodes and long days and nights at work = me usually falling asleep mid-episode with my computer in my lap.

Has anyone ever seen the series Rome on HBO? Any feedback? Looks like it might be interesting.

I really enjoyed The Borgias on Showtime until it was cancelled recently. Always liked Weeds as well. Anything involving a bud strain called "MILF" is a winner in my book!

Still slowly watching The Wire. Hour long episodes and long days and nights at work = me usually falling asleep mid-episode with my computer in my lap.

Has anyone ever seen the series Rome on HBO? Any feedback? Looks like it might be interesting.
I thought Rome was great! Tons of violence, sex, greed. Great story line and characters. Didn't have to end when it did. IMHO.

I thought Rome was great! Tons of violence, sex, greed. Great story line and characters. Didn't have to end when it did. IMHO.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I might give that a shot next. I finished season 1 of The Wire last night and honestly wasn't too impressed. It was good, but not as great as all the hype IMO. Then again, there are 4 more seasons so plenty of time for it to get better, LoL.

It's on the SYFI channel but Haven is an awesome series....If you get the chance watch it

Here is a sample some may like and some may not and it is ok /default_tongue.png

Last edited:
Geez - I am so far behind on TV series. I know there are tons of new ones that I would like. Just can't seem to get into TV lately.

I got rid of cable a long time ago so I only do Netflix and Hulu - and then just rent DVD's from the mega cool weird and hip local DVD rental place up the street.

24 - Not sure if it is my favorite, but I will say I had a real hard time not staying up until 5 am whenever I would watch 24.

Apparently they are bringing 24 back

New Shows I have seen, but not finished:

1. The Killing  (Excellent - great characters)

2. Walking Dead  (I'm still trying to finish season 2 though)

One Day I will Finish watching LOST - I saw 4 seasons and have not taken the time to watch the final season...

There's actually six seasons of Lost. Great show, definitely one of my favorite series, but the sixth and final season is so great IMO.

Great... two more seasons two watch. Guess I better do it soon before I completely forget the entire story.

My memory is NOT what it used to be...

I have not actually ever watched The Sopranos, but I've heard its a great show. Is it available on NetFlix?

Good call on the Investigation Discovery stuff.. I too love shows or good documentaries about real life events. VICE on HBOGO is along those lines, you should check it out.
Oh man, Sopranos are what started it all. I have the entire series in files. Maybe I can dropbox them or something for you. Every episode is a piece of Art. It's a seriously beatiful show.

Now The Wire might even be better than the Sopranos. I think it's definetly the most well written show I've seen. The plot lines are incredible. The overall scope is daunting, and every single scene is like a piece of cinema.

The opening scene in season 4 where snoop bys the nail gut. Fcking great scene.

I really liked the Treme alot too, and Entourage was so good it makes me sick to admit it.

The first two seasons of Eastbound and Down were the greatest pieces of television I've ever seen.

Kenny Powers is my hero.

And Rome might even better than that.

Last edited:
Yeah so far I'm liking season 2 of The Wire better than the first season. I'm gonna stick with this show for a while, it's a great one.

Way back to Magnun PI, Mash, Miami Vice, and The Soprano's. Cheers and for some reason Wings.

Now The Wire might even be better than the Sopranos. I think it's definetly the most well written show I've seen. The plot lines are incredible. The overall scope is daunting, and every single scene is like a piece of cinema.

The opening scene in season 4 where snoop bys the nail gut. Fcking great scene
I finally finished all 5 seasons, and I agree with you. What a great show, I can't believe I ever doubted it in the beginning. Omar is definitely my favorite character, a badass and an underdog. And Lester Freamon was my other favorite. Quiet, but charismatic, and very intelligent.

Also, I couldn't help but to laugh every time Clay Davis said "sheeeeeiiiit!" /default_laugh.png

If I can't get my hands on the last season of Spartacus soon, I might give Rome a try next.

Any updated favorites from anyone?

Haha, Trailer Park Boys.

That is funny.

Anyone ever seen Death Comes to Town?. That's pretty funny.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back