Favorite Tv Series

Heisenberg, I am totally with FG that you need to watch The Sopranos.  It is a brilliant show.  Granted, you will be so very sad that James Gandolfini is gone after watching it because he is a phenomenal actor - he plays the part of a powerful man so well.  It was the show that we watched before starting Breaking Bad - we tried a number of shows afterward but couldn't find anything that entertained us nearly enough until coming across BB (This includes Mad Men [boooo-ring!], Dexter [just couldn't get into it, the writing of Sopranos seemed so much better] and Boardwalk Empire [slooooow]).

Entourage is also a really decent show - not as much about 'fame' as I thought that it would be.  I also really like Boss with Kelsey Grammar.  I am not sure if this would qualify as a chick show or not but I really like Nurse Jackie.  Edie Falco shows what a great actress she is by branching way out from what she was in the Sopranos as Camilla Soprano to that role.  It's a great show. 

I love Nurse Jackie is well. Can't wait for it to come back! We have been watching a BBC show on Netflix- Survivors. It is about the people who survive a deadly flu epidemic that wipes out most of the population, with groups of bad guy survivors here and there. Really good show.

H-.  Redbox now has a streaming service as well.  8$ a month, but difference is you get 4 credits at the Kiosk included as well in that 8$ fee.  Don't think I saw it here listed, but might have missed it.  Anyhow, I loved The Shield.  S-

Started American Horror Story Asylum last night.. available on NetFlix now. Show is crazy! Have seen season 1 already and am up to date on Coven.

DGSB, good looking out about RedBox streaming. Did not know that, thanks man.

Started American Horror Story Asylum last night.. available on NetFlix now. Show is crazy! Have seen season 1 already and am up to date on Coven.

If you have a Redbox account online, info is there.  If not, www.redboxinstant.com

We started Asylum on Friday - almost done with it. American Horror Story is one crazy show! Love it!

FG

I can't wait til season two of Orange is the New Black. I thought I'd give it a shot and it turns out that it's really freaking good. Congrats to Netflix for making their first show ever such a great one. Haven't check'd out House of Cards yet. Opinions? 

Heisenberg, I am totally with FG that you need to watch The Sopranos.  It is a brilliant show.  Granted, you will be so very sad that James Gandolfini is gone after watching it because he is a phenomenal actor - he plays the part of a powerful man so well.  It was the show that we watched before starting Breaking Bad - we tried a number of shows afterward but couldn't find anything that entertained us nearly enough until coming across BB (This includes Mad Men [boooo-ring!], Dexter [just couldn't get into it, the writing of Sopranos seemed so much better] and Boardwalk Empire [slooooow]).

Entourage is also a really decent show - not as much about 'fame' as I thought that it would be.  I also really like Boss with Kelsey Grammar.  I am not sure if this would qualify as a chick show or not but I really like Nurse Jackie.  Edie Falco shows what a great actress she is by branching way out from what she was in the Sopranos as Camilla Soprano to that role.  It's a great show. 
Possibly the greatest show even made (love it or hate it) Sopranos forever changed what was possible for a TV show to do. Every scene is a piece of Cinema. Now there are countless shows that double as cinema, imitators. Many do it well.

Entourage while not cinema is amazing. Why? I have no idea. The characters are all sleaze bags that live lives a million times better than mine, and I hate them for it, yet I LOVE the show. Same with Californication. Theses shows are like crack to me. I've  literally had to stop watching HBO because I cannot tell that the characters are fictional and I loose sleep. Literally. I loose fucking sleep thinking about Vince and his buddies.

Except the Treme. That is a lighter HBO show I can psychologically stomach. 

Last edited:
I can't wait til season two of Orange is the New Black. I thought I'd give it a shot and it turns out that it's really freaking good. Congrats to Netflix for making their first show ever such a great one. Haven't check'd out House of Cards yet. Opinions? 

Possibly the greatest show even made (love it or hate it) Sopranos forever changed what was possible for a TV show to do. Every scene is a piece of Cinema. Now there are countless shows that double as cinema, imitators. Many do it well.

Entourage while not cinema is amazing. Why? I have no idea. The characters are all sleaze bags that live lives a million times better than mine, and I hate them for it, yet I LOVE the show. Same with Californication. Theses shows are like crack to me.
YOO HOO-- Possible SPOILER ALERT for Californication & Sons of Anarchy! (Not very, but still, just so you know...)

@ BTOH, your red words are a perfect summation of so many of my favorites, including Californication; I was obsessed for 3 or 4 seasons, even though Hank was a terrible person who managed to fuck over every single human being who made the mistake of giving him a friendly glance.

Same w/ so many characters on the Sopranos, The Shield, Oz (Christopher Meloni played a complete sociopath w/ such chilling brilliance it took me forever to accept him as Detective Stabler on L & O), and now Sons of Anarchy. Kurt Sutter, the creator/showrunner of SOA and a writer for much of The Shield, has a great knack for making you absolutely despise a character for one episode, then feel soooo sorry for them the next! /default_rolleyes.gif Although, I do find I'm wearing my "What Would Gemma Do?" t-shirt less & less... Katey Sagal still flat out rocks as the MC matriarch, but I am beginning to think that maybe Gemma's not my best role model for aging gracefully.

Meh, jury's still out 'til Season 7.

My other heroine is the Dowager Duchess on Downton Abbey -- love Maggie Smith! And really, her character is nearly Gemma's twin, minus a little leather and some job-stopper ink; family, title and personal code mean everything, all else merely human speed bumps and/or road kill. Something to be said for always knowing exactly where you stand, although you could wish it wasn't always on somebody else's neck...

I've moved onto Dexter since its back on NetFlix... 8 seasons wtf!? At almost an hour long a piece, I'll be on this show for a while.

Also saw the first few episodes of NetFlix original series "LillyHammer", pretty funny and entertaining. Be a good show to switch to from Dexter for when I wanna watch something lighter.

"Weed wars" is a good 4 episode documentary as well.

ahhh...you'll be hooked on Dexter for a while, H, I'm betting.  Enjoy /default_smile.png

Going to have to check into Lillyhammer; thanks for a heads up!

I love Nurse Jackie is well. Can't wait for it to come back! We have been watching a BBC show on Netflix- Survivors. It is about the people who survive a deadly flu epidemic that wipes out most of the population, with groups of bad guy survivors here and there. Really good show.
I've seen Survivors (good show), and every other post apocalyptic or apocalyptic TV series or movie ever made. ASAP

I just finished the first 2 seasons of Continuum, a very compelling series. It doesnt hurt that the main character Kiera Cameron played by Rachel Nichols is so incredibly hot.

Sorry, I must post her pic. attached

View attachment 592

ahhh...you'll be hooked on Dexter for a while, H, I'm betting. Enjoy /default_smile.png

Going to have to check into Lillyhammer; thanks for a heads up!
Oh I am hooked! Almost done with season 6 already, very good show.

Lillyhammer is a fun, light-hearted show. I like to get an episode in before bed after binging on Dexter and all that darkness :lol:

Not a lot of time for TV lately, but there are two shows I am thoroughly enjoying right now.  One is Showtime's Shameless the other is on Cinemax and is called Banshee.  Anyone into either of those?  S-

Not a lot of time for TV lately, but there are two shows I am thoroughly enjoying right now. One is Showtime's Shameless the other is on Cinemax and is called Banshee. Anyone into either of those? S-
I've seen Shameless a few times, but I haven't watched from the beginning. Might need to do that.

Showtime has some great series lately.

I was disappointed with Dexters last season. It didn't exactly feel authentic.

Nurse Jackie I'm addicted to. (Pun intended)

Homeland I loved the first 2 seasons, but season 3 went a little off the rails. I'm hooked though, so I'll be watching when it begins again.

Anyone watch The Americans on FX? I'm trying hard to get into it, but I have to really concentrate.

I've seen Shameless a few times, but I haven't watched from the beginning. Might need to do that.

Showtime has some great series lately.

I was disappointed with Dexters last season. It didn't exactly feel authentic.

Nurse Jackie I'm addicted to. (Pun intended)

Homeland I loved the first 2 seasons, but season 3 went a little off the rails. I'm hooked though, so I'll be watching when it begins again.

Anyone watch The Americans on FX? I'm trying hard to get into it, but I have to really concentrate.
It's worth watching Shameless from the beginning.  It will add some needed perspective.  LOL on the NJ comment /default_laugh.png .  No idea what the Americans even is.  Saw a couple of the first Homeland's.... no time.  I do watch Sons of Anarchy as well, with the wireless headphones in bed at 2AM .... still catching up on the most recent season though.

Homeland will suck you in if you let it. I'm just wondering where next season is headed. They sort of ended season 3 with direction unclear.

Can I also be dorky and admit I love soap operas? Only on CBS. Grew up watching them with all the family except my mom. It served as conversation between me and my gma for years. Now I guess I just enjoy the familiarity. They're my night time ritual as I'm falling asleep in bed at night.

So, what are the shows that everyone watches that they aren't admitting that they watch? I mean, kudos to MSD, she fessed up to soaps! I have a couple...But, for now, I will just say that I love me some Housewives.

So, what are the shows that everyone watches that they aren't admitting that they watch? I mean, kudos to MSD, she fessed up to soaps! I have a couple...But, for now, I will just say that I love me some Housewives.
That goofy sister wives show. I just can't stop. Oh and honey boo boo. She makes our state...stereotyped. Lol.

Is anyone watching The Blacklist? I thiNk they have done a great job with that one?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back