Hey Newbs! Don’t waste any more time, DONATE NOW! 😜

@Layna

I also second purchasing btc through cashapp. Buying bitcoin for me use to be difficult for me as well. I was about to give up and then I tried cashapp. It was almost too good to be true. It was relatively easy and quick.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I am trying to donate and I have been scammed soooo bad I need help!! Bitcoin is difficult for me I keep making mistake, like buying PayPal Crypto and you can't use it to purchase only buy/sell option I have a wallet and it is empty. I am so tired of being scammed!!.
I will take the contrary position and recommend Coinbase. It's not the cheapest (but certainly not the most expensive either), and it's very simple to use for the person who's new to bitcoin and finds it confusing. Coinbase also works with most banks and there's no worries about getting scammed.

They'll make you wait a few days with your first purchase, and you'll probably have a limit of something like $300 at one time. But I haven't encountered waits or limits after the first time I used Coinbase.

I've since graduated to places like Cashapp and Coinmama, but I still use Coinbase sometimes too. For the person new to bitcoin, I think they're the way to go to get used to using it. Once it becomes simple, then it's easier to switch to someplace better.

Make sure you transfer your bitcoin to a personal wallet before you try to transfer it to someplace like this site or to a vendor. Any kind of vendor. Always transfer to your personal wallet, and then make your purchase.

I wish I had found this site before now but am glad I didn’t wait to donate. So glad to be a part of the DBG member team. I am very technically challenged and have found it easy to send Bitcoin so if you need help from someone who can put it in layman’s terms then feel free to reach out. I’m glad to help. 

On the Fence and DONATE bc I dweb and my main plug is not on their hes family at DBG 

I will take the contrary position and recommend Coinbase. It's not the cheapest (but certainly not the most expensive either), and it's very simple to use for the person who's new to bitcoin and finds it confusing. Coinbase also works with most banks and there's no worries about getting scammed.

They'll make you wait a few days with your first purchase, and you'll probably have a limit of something like $300 at one time. But I haven't encountered waits or limits after the first time I used Coinbase.

I've since graduated to places like Cashapp and Coinmama, but I still use Coinbase sometimes too. For the person new to bitcoin, I think they're the way to go to get used to using it. Once it becomes simple, then it's easier to switch to someplace better.

Make sure you transfer your bitcoin to a personal wallet before you try to transfer it to someplace like this site or to a vendor. Any kind of vendor. Always transfer to your personal wallet, and then make your purchase.
Would you mind helping me? :)  I feel like my age is starting to show... I purchased bitcoins (or tried to) back in 2011ish using Dwolla (don't think they're still around, they served as a "wallet," took 1-2 weeks do get your DL and everything registered with them, etc.-- everything was extremely time consuming at that time and I was just curious about all the SR talk I read about) but after that fiasco I never bothered again and stuck to my SY guy who I'm sure is still used here in the private subs.  And can totally vouch for after giving him half my paycheck for 4-5 years, hah.

Just looking to try another vendor out that seems to be discussed semi-publicly.  Whatever I have to do to make a donation :)

Would you mind helping me? :)  I feel like my age is starting to show... I purchased bitcoins (or tried to) back in 2011ish using Dwolla (don't think they're still around, they served as a "wallet," took 1-2 weeks do get your DL and everything registered with them, etc.-- everything was extremely time consuming at that time and I was just curious about all the SR talk I read about) but after that fiasco I never bothered again and stuck to my SY guy who I'm sure is still used here in the private subs.  And can totally vouch for after giving him half my paycheck for 4-5 years, hah.

Just looking to try another vendor out that seems to be discussed semi-publicly.  Whatever I have to do to make a donation :)
Hey! Sorry for the delay. I haven't been online too much lately. So....I'd be happy to help if I can, but I'm not sure what the question is. (Other than: Are we old farts? And the answer is: Yes. Yes, we are 😁

Donating to the site is a good way to test-drive bitcoin, since it's a smaller amount to try it out with, and it gives you access to the member forums.

First, go to Electrum and download a personal wallet. (There are other wallets, but Electrum is widely recommended as secure and easy to use.) You'll be given a huge long password, called a key. Write that down and stash it someplace safe. Do not lose it.

Then you go to Coinbase, register an account, and buy your coin. You'll have to show them ID, but bitcoin isn't really anonymous anyway (unless you buy it from bitcoin ATMs, which are hard to find and super-expensive, but, hey, if you live in a location that has one, knock yourself out).

Otherwise, your bitcoin purchases are not anonymous. They can be traced through the online record, which is called blockchain. (I would argue bitcoin is still more anonymous than most other options, but I'll leave that debate to way bigger nerds than I am 🤓

You will probably have a purchasing limit and a waiting period for your first purchase. I think my first waiting period was 10 days, but then I never got another waiting period after that.

Important: Always download your bitcoin into your personal wallet first, before buying anything with it.
All bitcoin purchases are non-reversible. That's one reason more and more online businesses are using it. Unlike a credit card, where the customer can do a chargeback, once you've sent someone your bitcoin, you can't get it back.

Does that help? If you go to the thread I started, called "Explain Bitcoin Like I'm 5," I got a lot of helpful answers on that thread.

Mostly, you just have to jump in and do it. Even though it seems mind-boggling at first, it's surprising how quickly it becomes no more difficult than using an ATM machine. It just has unusual jargon, and those who are really into cryptocurrency can make it more complicated. But it doesn't have to be.

Okay, so I finally broke down and donated!  Woohoo!  Opal status only.  Coinbase says the payment has gone through.  So when do I get to enjoy my new status?  :D   I'm super excited!

@Cher on the bottom of every page is a contact button so you can reach out to the Moderators.  Tell them the exact amount you sent & they'll see it & you'll gain access soon.  Welcome!

MC9

Hi could somebody help me please, I cannot find the search bar anywhere on this site? I’m on mobile, tried safari and Chrome..help?

Hi could somebody help me please, I cannot find the search bar anywhere on this site? I’m on mobile, tried safari and Chrome..help?
You can try changing different THEMES of the forum all the way at the bottom click on it and it will give you several options for different forum themes. This may help your issue I can’t guarantee it but I’ve had to do it at times when the forum upgrades.

You can try changing different THEMES of the forum all the way at the bottom click on it and it will give you several options for different forum themes. This may help your issue I can’t guarantee it but I’ve had to do it at times when the forum upgrades.
Thank you for your response, unfortunately none of the themes revealed a search bar. What gives? :(

@FancyPants Scroll below all that, and scroll through all the categories,  underneath the categories is a box with "WHO"S ONLINE", right under that is the quick search box.  You have to scroll kinda far. 

I tried looking for the different tiers one could donate to to get further access to more thread sections but now i can't find it. Really want to donate, funds are cleared in my bitcoin base, just need to know what to click on, choose my options and send to wallet addy provided. Being a total newb sux at times but i thank you in advance for any help pointing me in the right direction...

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back