Hey you bro

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 Yeah, my dad [not trying to brag] is like one of the best linguists in the world, so I've been exposed to this stuff my entire life.  My mom even read me and my brother the Illiad and the Odyssey when I was 4 or 5...  If I say much more about my dad, you'll be able to figure out exactly who he is, but one anecdote I'll mention is that I went on a date with a girl who was a linguistics student, and when I told her who my father was, she laughed, and her reply was some polite version of "you're full of shit!".

Also, to dip into the vernacular issues to which you alluded, there's a great line by The Dirty Heads that goes, "I know that you don't like us, but I know you like our flow/ I know that you don't like us 'cause I say 'dude' and 'bro'!"  :-)  Ignore the haters—I love you Dirty J <3

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 Yeah, my dad [not trying to brag] is like one of the best linguists in the world, so I've been exposed to this stuff my entire life.  My mom even read me and my brother the Illiad and the Odyssey when I was 4 or 5...  If I say much more about my dad, you'll be able to figure out exactly who he is, but one anecdote I'll mention is that I went on a date with a girl who was a linguistics student, and when I told her who my father was, she laughed, and her reply was some polite version of "you're full of shit!".

Also, to dip into the vernacular issues to which you alluded, there's a great line by The Dirty Heads that goes, "I know that you don't like us, but I know you like our flow/ I know that you don't like us 'cause I say 'dude' and 'bro'!"  :-)  Ignore the haters—I love you Dirty J <3
Dude, I love that group! Favorite song from them is "Sloth's Revenge" second favorite is "Burn Slow" with Tech N9ne. And that's gotta be dope to have a dad like that. Or a terror since he must have been a hardcore Grammar Nazi growing up!

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 "I'm Bruce Wayne and you're Dick Grayson!"  Perhaps the best hip-hop burn of all time.

Yeah, my dad's awesome, but because of the kind if research he does, he's pretty chill about grammar.  When we played family scrabble, I always got the sense that he threw the games, though.  

Last edited by a moderator:
@vs322 that was a great story about your dad. You are so fortunate that you have a dad that impressed the fact on learning. linguistics. So many of us come from broken families and I have to admit my addiction did not help in College. I had no idea that your dad was a basketball player and good one. I loved the story about the Heritage Dictionary.

My husband says I do not speak the Kings English. So he bought me and my daughter Word Power. It has the greek and latin roots and it actually helped! He went to the best Boarding Schools in the USA Lake Forest and Emerson. But it has been a great book on retraining my brain to learn proper English. 

One day I might get as good as you and @LysergamideLandscapes1938

thanks good story to share!

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 "I'm Bruce Wayne and you're Dick Grayson!"  Perhaps the best hip-hop burn of all time.

Yeah, my dad's awesome, but because of the kind if research he does, he's pretty chill about grammar.  When we played family scrabble, I always got the sense that he threw the games, though.  But we never had to use a dictionary to see if a word was legit, because we could just ask him.  One time my brother disagreed and got out the American Heritage dictionary, and my dad said, "son, before you look up the word, look at who was on the editorial board of the dictionary."

The other thing that's totally unfair is that he's a crazy good basketball player.  He walked onto his college team and played until he fucked up his knee. He's only about 5'9", but even now, at like 65, he can totally dominate me and my brother.  The linguistics department won the university-wide IM basketball tournament a few years ago, and he was chosen as MVP. And yes, "White Men Can't Jump" is one of his favorite movies :-)

I'd stop here with details about your dad. I'm pretty sure if I used the details here and given prior, your dad, and thus you as well, could be deanonymized by myself, or anyone else with the commitment to dig for it. I don't intend to, but yeah. Be more mindful. If you ever feel comfortable enough about sharing info that could do that, you should be more private about it at the very least so that you only stand to be identified by those you are intending the information for and not just any schmuck that stumbles across it. I love that movie, by the way. Woody Harrelson is a genius, and he was a great choice to team up with Wesley Snipes on that film. Your dad sounds like someone I'd have a blast befriending, though. Count yourself lucky for such a great parent. My relatives are all foul pieces of shit who I disowned due to their toxicity. I strive to be a better parent than mine were.

Aren't you American? If so, none of us speak "the King's English". American English is so far from British English that it is often referred to as "bastardized".

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 Fun fact:  modern American English is, IIRC, closer to 1700s British vernacular than is "The Queen's English".  Class pressures and social stratification/differentiation drove the dialectic splintering in England.  I think John McWhorter has a piece about this, if you're interested.

@LysergamideLandscapes1938 Fun fact:  modern American English is, IIRC, closer to 1700s British vernacular than is "The Queen's English".  Class pressures and social stratification/differentiation drove the dialectic splintering in England.  I think John McWhorter has a piece about this, if you're interested.
Just realized I missed this comment amongst my notifuckations! My apologies! That's very interesting. Especially considering we are oft considered to be bastardized in our use of English by our cousins across the pond. I actually am interested. Could you perhaps ask your dad what the specific piece is called so I may look for it?

Hey, and @LysergamideLandscapes1938, make a donation so we can trade nerdy linguistics stories!
Dude, I just had another member get on my ass for asking someone else if they'd be willing to donate on my behalf because I can't currently afford to do so, thanks to losing a device which had $5K in crypto that I can't recover. I have a family, and I can't currently afford anything but the barest of essentials for my wife and kids after losing my crypto. I believe someone stole my phone that had those wallets on it. I really want to gain sponsor status so my DMs access is gained so I can do stuff like that. I'm not even really worried about gaining anything else. 

@Admin, @2earls:  Could you help out with this?  I definitely did accidentally overshare.
So it would seem that maybe I can't do the editing after so long as a regular member, but you were able to edit much later than it would let me when you are a sponsor? Idk if I'm right. This is weird, as I don't see why the forum would allow for sponsor members to do this without a timer on how long it is able to be edited while normal members can't edit after so long. I first noticed this a while back, but didn't notice the correlation between different account types and editing access disparities.

Dude, I just had another member get on my ass for asking someone else if they'd be willing to donate on my behalf because I can't currently afford to do so, thanks to losing a device which had $5K in crypto that I can't recover. I have a family, and I can't currently afford anything but the barest of essentials for my wife and kids after losing my crypto. I believe someone stole my phone that had those wallets on it. I really want to gain sponsor status so my DMs access is gained so I can do stuff like that. I'm not even really worried about gaining anything else. 
What's the minimum donation? Like $20 or $50 or something?  I'll cover you man :-)

What's the minimum donation? Like $20 or $50 or something?  I'll cover you man :-)
$20. And really? Thanks, dude! I really appreciate the offer! Let the record show I didn't approach you for this and you were both the first to bring up me donating to gain DM access to shoot the shit, and that after I stated my experience with having asked for help with that elsewhere, you made the offer! I don't want that member who treated me poorly or anyone else to misconstrue this! Anyway, I'd be glad to accept that offer and to bullshit with you! The $20 sponsor donation allows me 3 DMs (I guess per day? It doesn't specify in the post about it), and I think a $50 donation allows me to have I think 7 DMs. Whatever level of sponsor status you'd be willing to help me with would be dope. :)

I donated $25 on your behalf :-)  I think that'll make you a "sapphire"...

And in like a month, I'm either going to be basically broke or sitting on millions, so either way I should spend like there's no tomorrow :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I donated $25 on your behalf :-)  I think that'll make you a "sapphire"...

And in like a month, I'm either going to be basically broke or sitting on millions, so either way I should spend like there's no tomorrow :-)
That's something for me to sate my curiosity in a DM. It's crazy, because the same goes for me, but only a million if things develop a certain way. However, the cause of me getting a million will be a cost not worth that million in the slightest. 

@vs322 thank you that was kind of you. I do not use btc and use pp to help send funds. I could not dm @LysergamideLandscapes1938to send any info. Glad your on here as a member.

I feel like an idiot is it the Queens Language or is it the Kings English that my husband gives me shit about? 

PS I told @jtabyesterdaymy husband is addicted to Justified. Just completed 3 seasons. You think they kill enough people? I loved when that african american dude was shot. Wanna have a gun fight? Lol!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon:
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  6. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  7. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  10. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  11. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  12. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  13. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  14. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  15. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  16. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  19. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  20. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
Back