Kratom Discussion

The whole point of pain clinics are to limit patients from taking any other pain meds. Patients sign contracts stating they will be terminated from the clinic if they test positive for other substances. Unfortunately some in the medical community do consider Kratom a substance that can be abused.

Has anyone here been through kratom withdrawals? 

I’ve been a daily user for about a year. Taking 5 grams 3x a day and these last few months if a dose is missed I get hot flashes, runny nose, clamy skin and really lightheaded. 

I never used opiates except a few surgery’s and opium in Afghanistan but never enough to become physically addicted. I know kratom is nowhere near as bad as opiates but for me it’s enough to make make my work days extremely uncomfortable without and would like to stop or at least cut back. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a great plant and helps a lot of people but for me has caused some problems. 

If anyone has any suggestions for a way to cut back comfortably or maybe something that would help with the withdrawals that would be appreciated. 

@Korengal08   I have been through withdrawals of many things and Kratom is pretty mild compared to the harder stuff.  The only thing you can do is to taper.  Kratom is a wonderful substance and has helped me through many tough times in my life.  Not too make light of your situation but Kratom is kind of a low level player in the game of Opeeates.   I used it to get over my wds from harder substances but I dont think there is anything that you can substitute to help you get off Kratom.  In other words....you can only go up from Kratom.  I would suggest cutting back on your daily dose until you are comfortable and then cut back again.   You will experience some discomfort but that is about the only thing you can do.   Start by dropping a gram a dose or going longer in between doses.    Good luck and let us know how it turned out. 

This article is worth a read if you are into Kratom.  Kinda scary....

https://www.consumerreports.org/dietary-supplements/new-danger-with-kratom/

Or you can google Kratom and lead.....
Thanks for the reply. I actually just bought a scale and was just guessing how much I was actually taking in. It’s more like 8 grams 3x , almost an ounce a day. I’ve done some reading on reddit and have read exactly what you’re saying so that’s what I’m going to do. Thinking of a gram a week and now with the scale I should have a better gauge of where I’m at. 

I did not know about the heavy metal though! Damn. I guess that’s a good motivator as well. Thanks again 

@Korengal08    A scale is a great idea and measuring will definitely save you some cash.   I think you could easily get away with more than a gram a week.   If I were in your shoes and I was taking 24 grams a day, I would cut back to 20 at first and then go lower after 1 week.  Kratom is great but the tolerance builds super quick so the fun is minimized rather quickly.  I usually do 3 grams 3 times a day.  I try to mix up the specific species but greens are my favorite followed by white.  I like the reds but they have a tendency to make me a little jittery.  It sounds like you have a good plan to wean yourself off.   Have you tried Kava?  I have had good luck with Kava and sometimes I take that instead of Kratom.  It works on the same receptors in your brain as alcohol but without all the crap that booze brings.  It really relaxes me and puts me in chill mode.  You should give it a try, if you have a chance.   Sometimes people have a reverse tolerance to it, so it make take a few tries before you find your happy place.

Good Luck-----Aint

Thanks. I’ve been 5x3 for the past few days and have had no problems. Every Monday I’m going to lower and hopefully just really cut down because I do love the plant yet don’t want to be a slave but also don’t want to completely give it up hah. If I could stick to 2 or 3 times a week that would be ideal. I have a half kilo of white Bali and so far it’s very well balanced. Had good experience with Vietnam strains as well. 

I believe I’ve heard the name kava and if not I have now haha Ill check it out. Thanks again !

This article is worth a read if you are into Kratom.  Kinda scary....

https://www.consumerreports.org/dietary-supplements/new-danger-with-kratom/

Or you can google Kratom and lead.....
The red vein borneo from Kraken is on the list - and it has been my go-to for years, and has saved my life (mostly my job) multiple times.  I've never had any bad side effects despite pretty significant use for months at a time.  I did alittle research on the levels.  The red borneo contains 574 ng/g and the safe level is 5,000 ng per day (published as 5 micrograms);  I did the math, and basically one could prob safely consume 10grams per day.   It looks to me like the Maeng Da strains are the most contaminated.  And of course a few of the sources were very pure.   This just reinforces my earlier comments to keep your Kratom doses low (2-3 grams per dose, 3 doses per day)

@Roxyanne   Thats about where I am with my doses....but maybe 4-5 times a day depending on my mood.   I did not see my preferred vendor on the list and I have never had any issues with her products at all.   I tend to stick with the greens and the maeng da specifically because I get the best reaction from them.  I will start to mix it up a little more as I think I develop a tolerance for specific strains and switching around will help keep the effects the same.   

I always have a hard time with that word effects or affects......I need to cut back on the 4/20 and the 4/21.   Poor dumb Aint :)  

@aintnouse  when I am in full w/d I defintely have to dose at least 5x per day; but after a week or so I can usually cut it back.   Compared to daily high-dose opiate use, I feel 1,000x better on kratom.   Actually,  my best life is when I can take 5mg hydro in the morning, 3grams kratom during the workday, and one 5mg hydro at night after I exercise.  I function perfectly, don;t suffer any major life consequences, can maintain optimal weight, libido, sleep, etc.   It is just REALLY HARD to discipline myself to live that way when I've got unlimited access to opiates...  ahh the conundrum 😕

What is the difference between kava and kratom?
I’ve used Kava in a bar in West Palm some years ago and all I accomplished was nausea. I may have been using a weak strain but Kratom also helped me none. If your kicking, I can only recommend immodium, an anti-anxiety, and a hot shower. As I’ve said before, I’d give a dissociative a try if I had to kick again, but I hadn’t tried it myself. I wish you the best of luck friend. 

Hi all - looking to give Kratom a try as an alternative to traditional PKs. Based on my reading and subject to the available strains at my local vape shop it sounds like Red Vein Bali would be best thing to try as a PK substitute. Can anyone tell me what a good starting dose would as measured by teaspoons (until I get a scale). Thanks. 

@BuckMulligan Dosage will be highly dependent on your tolly and the quality of the material.  Head shop stuff can be anywhere from total crap to loaded who knows what so i would titrate up until you feel the effects you are looking for!  Remember, eating it on an empty stomach will yield the best results and wait at least 30-45 minutes before redosing.  Its been a while since i used kratom, but if i remember correctly a tsp of kratom is roughly 2g (hope this is right!).  If you have a decent tolly i might start with 2 tsp to see how your body reacts and to gauge quality of material.  Most people find lower doses (0-3g) provide more energy and higher doses more pain relief or pk-esque feelings, but everyone is different so you gotta find what works for you! Hope this helps and update us with your findings!!

@BuckMulligan Dosage will be highly dependent on your tolly and the quality of the material.  Head shop stuff can be anywhere from total crap to loaded who knows what so i would titrate up until you feel the effects you are looking for!  Remember, eating it on an empty stomach will yield the best results and wait at least 30-45 minutes before redosing.  Its been a while since i used kratom, but if i remember correctly a tsp of kratom is roughly 2g (hope this is right!).  If you have a decent tolly i might start with 2 tsp to see how your body reacts and to gauge quality of material.  Most people find lower doses (0-3g) provide more energy and higher doses more pain relief or pk-esque feelings, but everyone is different so you gotta find what works for you! Hope this helps and update us with your findings!!
Thanks. This is helpful. I would say tolerance level is 20mg of ock-see at a time. So, you can start low and titrate up to get desired effects. With opies you kind of need to take your dose all at once. 

I've been using Kratom for about a year, as well as my partner. The strains that work best for me aren't best for him and vice-versa.

I have anxiety/depression issues - mainly anxiety. 3 moves and a divorce in the past year, stressful time.
Anyway, I started with White Borneo and the first time I took it, it had a real euphoria effect. Just the first time. After several months it started to CAUSE anxiety and 
I switched to Red Bali. 

The main thing with Kratom IMO is to change strains often. Red Bali helps me sleep. Right now I'm using Green Vein Borneo in the morning and it ALWAYS make me happy
and awake. My partner uses Mang Da and swears by it gives me horrible anxiety.

It is definitely hit-or-miss with ANY strain for me. What works one dose may have no effect the next day or cause different effects. Dosing is important and less is
DEFINITELY more. I took more than I should have on several occasions and it made my brain muddled and actually caused staggering and caused a panic attack - the opposite of what I need. I stick to a teaspoon or teaspoon and half now and try to keep doses 5-6 hours apart. 

It can be an amazing help - but there is definitely a learning curve involved!

iv enjoyed kratom for awile and know 1 of the best site thekratom syndicate is 1 of the best sites with excellent reviews theres not 1 bad strain they have just look up krAtom reviews on youtube and you will see thekratomsyndicate it very highly loved by a great many, you will find great extracts as well as a good kava extract, im not a huge fan of kava as an extract but its on there as well. you cant go wrong as they go way out of there way to only have top quality in stock at all times.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back