Ladies First

Bluesman, you are so right on, my old boss who represented the worst of the worst told me early on that should anyone try to pull you into a car even with a gun to use everything you have to fight because once you are taken your life is over anyway at that point.  (And then in the same sentence told me not to worry about harm from our clients because they knew that we were the only thing getting them out of prison, not long thereafter I switched to good ole personal injury cases).

I know I'm late to this thread and I feel like I'm missing a back story a bit but I do have a small contribution. I was also in an abusive relationship - not physically - but he completely dominated me and used up all of my life, energy, money, friends and family. He isolated me from everyone I loved. Luckily I got out when my memaw had a "come to Jesus" conversation with me.

In hindsight I believe I would have ended it years earlier but felt obligated to stay. Women feel unwarranted obligations all of the time. We don't get off the elevator when we sense badness from a stranger. We don't push back when pushed because it's rude. We don't stick up for ourselves. I'm 41 years old now and am from the South. My mom taught me to be polite to a fault and always put others needs before mine. I truly believe that I haven't been physically harmed out of pure luck/coincidence. I've always worried more about offending someone than protecting myself. I know that I can't be the only one who does this.

I've talked to my therapist a lot about this and I try hard to advocate for myself every day but it is so difficult. It's amazing. I have no problem defending others. In fact I'm proud of my loyalty. Isn't it ironic that I can't seem to do the same for myself?

I think if we as women felt ok being "rude" we would acknowledge out spidey senses and listen and follow them. Hats off to those of you not afraid to "offend" someone and protect yourself.

I know I'm late to this thread and I feel like I'm missing a back story a bit but I do have a small contribution. I was also in an abusive relationship - not physically - but he completely dominated me and used up all of my life, energy, money, friends and family. He isolated me from everyone I loved. Luckily I got out when my memaw had a "come to Jesus" conversation with me.

In hindsight I believe I would have ended it years earlier but felt obligated to stay. Women feel unwarranted obligations all of the time. We don't get off the elevator when we sense badness from a stranger. We don't push back when pushed because it's rude. We don't stick up for ourselves. I'm 41 years old now and am from the South. My mom taught me to be polite to a fault and always put others needs before mine. I truly believe that I haven't been physically harmed out of pure luck/coincidence. I've always worried more about offending someone than protecting myself. I know that I can't be the only one who does this.

I've talked to my therapist a lot about this and I try hard to advocate for myself every day but it is so difficult. It's amazing. I have no problem defending others. In fact I'm proud of my loyalty. Isn't it ironic that I can't seem to do the same for myself?

I think if we as women felt ok being "rude" we would acknowledge out spidey senses and listen and follow them. Hats off to those of you not afraid to "offend" someone and protect yourself.
It's a process. I do think it's engrained in us southern gals to be kind and polite. And we do it to a fault. It's both out greatest strength and our greatest weakness.

hooter1 said:
Personally I like this, although I am sure it is illegal for some due to strength and/or volume.........but I still like it.

For anyone who lives in a state that HAS bears, I think it may be very easily justifiable ;-)

http://counterassault.com/bearspray.htm

as an added note, without giving away personal details, I have seen this work IRL on a charging pit bull. The dog did an entire backflip before it blindly staggered off trailing snot.  No, it did not kill him, after a couple hours he was fine.  Another note, unless you have an actual taser, never trust your life to a civilian "stun gun" I have tested dozens of these (on myself) to (what the military calls) prove your equipment, and I can say, that I have yet to be stopped by a "stun gun". They bite like hell BUT they will not stop a grown man.  As scary as they look and sound, DO NOT bet your life on one.  My personal recommendations are;

A: Non lethal - spray (Proven)

B: Lethal - firearm  (Proven)
After an incident I carried a carried a can of bear spray in my purse for a few months until I got over my initial panic. I agree it's a great option if you can justify it in your state (which I couldn't after I moved). It's got immense range.

Great posts in here. There are some sick, sick people out there. And they will do whatever they can to not appear sick, in an effort to fool people and gain trust. The anonymity of forums or emails makes this all too easy. Ever seen the show "to catch a predator"? Or the documentary "Craiglist Killer"?

And sure DGSB, feel free to post your links to mace/pepper spray resources for the ladies. Can never be too safe, and its best to be as prepared as possible.
You know i am a loving person and would love to trust everyone, but i know better. I dont have my conceal n carry..(just legalized in illinois) but i do anyway. I have a little 38 heater that i trust better than anyone, You can NEVER be too safe

You know i am a loving person and would love to trust everyone, but i know better. I dont have my conceal n carry..(just legalized in illinois) but i do anyway. I have a little 38 heater that i trust better than anyone, You can NEVER be too safe
Good girl! My Glock 37 rides with the Wookie at all times. Laser sight and all.

I'm a little slow to the conversation here, but...

some recent, very close-to-home events have me learning to use my Beretta FS and having a fabulous time at the range (great for skill-building and stress-reduction)!  

I don't want to have to use it, but believe me...after the experience I just went through...well, enough said.

Stand up for yourselves, ladies - and stay safe!!

Thank you to all who have posted here. It's my 1st day on the site and I am happy to have found this topic.

I may buy a Bersa Thunder .380...a lil sumpn sumpn ...seen one?
Absolutely. I've never handled one personally, but I have a close friend who raves about his, and feels that the Thunder .380 is the best value on the market among its peers. It's somewhat of a "sleeper" in the US market, as some are leery of bargain priced weapons in this price range. However, the Bersa is a high quality firearm, and isn't made of zinc or pot-metal as is often found in this price point.

Oh, and if you end up acquiring one, my friend tells me that the best performing ammo in this weapon, by far, is the Cor-Bon 90 grain jacketed hollow point. The feed angle of the Thunder .380 is almost straight in, which enables it to feed these rounds, which, in my opinion, are among the best hollow points available.

Nice choice in a lightweight, ease of concealed carry weapon!

Last edited by a moderator:
.45 ACP with 410 shotgun shells, ultimate in home defense. More than enough stopping power but it wont kill someone in the next room if you've got a family

.45 ACP with 410 shotgun shells, ultimate in home defense. More than enough stopping power but it wont kill someone in the next room if you've got a family
Well, I'm a .45 guy myself, although here's the next item on my list of desired toys. The JR Carbine 9MM Rifle with Bushnell tactical scope and 50 round Glock 17 magazine! What's not to love about this bad boy? Mow your grass just one time strapped up with this beauty, and word of your militant, bad ass status will travel fast. Deterrence is the ultimate defense tool, outside of raw stopping power, LOL.

i2jzfb.jpg

2w1xt35.jpg

thats pretty effin sick /default_ohmy.png
Damn straight! My guess is that I wouldn't have very many prospective interlopers on the property once word got out that a 7' 3", hairy man beast sporting that rig was roaming the grounds. /default_biggrin.png

Reactions: _X_
Getting back to what's currently in house, here's an example of my current every day set up. Glock 37 .45 GAP with Insight Technology M-3 tactical illuminator / laser.

29x7srk.jpg

Have y'all ever had to use these on an intruder?
Fortunately, no, I've never had to discharge it on an intruder, although I have had to show it to a couple of guys trying to break into my hobby garage a few years back. Nothing quite like the look on a punk's face when a laser dot is trained between his eyes. Also, it found its way upside the head of a would-be thief that I caught trying to steal the pump and filter system out of our pool equipment shed about 4 years ago. Knocked the SOB out cold! /default_biggrin.png

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back