Ladies First

Wow, this thread made a bit of a sharp left hand turn.

I feel a strong sense of security surrounded by so many of you well prepared 'packin' (heavy in some cases) ladies and gentlemen.

I've always said size doesn't matter, it's how well you use what you're 'equipped' with, but sometimes I only say that so the that the smaller 'guns' don't feel left out.

Carry on all GI Joes and Jolenes. I'll sit back and enjoy the show!

B

Fortunately, no, I've never had to discharge it on an intruder, although I have had to show it to a couple of guys trying to break into my hobby garage a few years back. Nothing quite like the look on a punk's face when a laser dot is trained between his eyes. Also, it found its way upside the head of a would-be thief that I caught trying to steal the pump and filter system out of our pool equipment shed about 4 years ago. Knocked the SOB out cold! /default_biggrin.png[/quote
True. But wow, too close to comfort for my taste. We had 11 break-ins/armed robberies in the house we lived in until I was 4 or 5. My mom had rented out the basement apartment to a woman - one day when we got home, mom found her tied up in the apartment. They had said they were waiting for my mom, but got nervous/impatient as she was running late and ransacked the place and took off. I was too young to recall anything, but that lady did occasionally keep me while my mom was at work. Thank God not that day. Needless to say the lady moved immediately.

Mom had designated hiding spots for me that we practiced regularly until my parents got divorced and we got to move the hell out of there.

Fortunately, no, I've never had to discharge it on an intruder, although I have had to show it to a couple of guys trying to break into my hobby garage a few years back. Nothing quite like the look on a punk's face when a laser dot is trained between his eyes. Also, it found its way upside the head of a would-be thief that I caught trying to steal the pump and filter system out of our pool equipment shed about 4 years ago. Knocked the SOB out cold! /default_biggrin.png
Pool equipment thieves really do deserve a swift hit upside the head...I'm guessing they were not young entrepreneurs looking to start a pool maintenance business.

Dumb people do sometimes deserve a 'nap' and it sounds like the Wookie agrees!

B

Those of you with experience, which would you choose for a first timer to purchase and start practicing with? Something small and easy to use. Pepper spray and dog (who is afraid of his shadow) provide no sense of security anymore.

Pool equipment thieves really do deserve a swift hit upside the head...I'm guessing they were not young entrepreneurs looking to start a pool maintenance business.

Dumb people do sometimes deserve a 'nap' and it sounds like the Wookie agrees!

B
Indeed, I believe their intention was to sell the equipment for the scrap metal value. And the Wookie concurs. Nighty night!

Those of you with experience, which would you choose for a first timer to purchase and start practicing with? Something small and easy to use. Pepper spray and dog (who is afraid of his shadow) provide no sense of security anymore.
You should try a ladies 9mm hand gun.

The 9mm were created for one thing, stopping a person.

There are smaller 9mm models available that fit in smaller hands so they are easier to shoot for women.

A .22 just doesn't have enough stopping power and many cheep .22 hand guns are not very accurate at any distance.

MSD,

That is a scary story. As you've shown, kids do NOT easily forget these types of life changing experiences.

Growing up we lived out in the country on a 20 acre piece of property, isolated from any neighbors. Our small logging town also supported a sizable population of M€th users & producers. During one of my dad's manic episodes he had bragged to some local riff-raff, about his stash of firearms, high valued coin collection and sizable mj. inventory.

One treacherous winter evening we returned home, to find our home ransacked and missing the above mentioned items.

Our local sheriff dept. refused to take the crime seriously, likely due to their suspicions of my dad's questionable reputation and knowledge of the perpetrators.

A 6 year old capable of aiming and shooting a shotgun comparable to her own body size, seemed a necessary, albeit questionable reaction to the increased threat posed on our family.

Needless to say I was spared any future bullying from school-mates, when I returned to school with a nice sized shiner on my right eye.

While the truth was that I'd been knocked back by the force of a discharged shotgun, I took it as an opportunity to easily convince my prying classmates that I had been in a 'scuffle' with a would-be attacker, who had underestimated size, right hook and mean, left undercut.

I've softened quite a bit in my later years, but if necessary, I have no doubts I would be capable enough to handle myself should my unassuming small stature invite any ill intentioned fools.

Gonna go polish up my Lupara while I enjoy a quiet bubble bath.

B <3

There are smaller 9mm models available that fit in smaller hands so they are easier to shoot for women.

A .22 just doesn't have enough stopping power and many cheep .22 hand guns are not very accurate at any distance.
Thanks for the advice! Will be looking into both options. Safety is too important to keep putting off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big Glock fan myself. My wife is able to capably handle every firearm in our home, from a .50 caliber semi-auto an AR-15 to a Kel-Tec KSG shotgun. Her first gun was a Glock 26, which is a compact 9mm. We added grip extenders to the 3 magazines for it and they help stabilize the gun and lessen the recoil. Started her out with light load rounds and worked up to the AE HP rounds she carries now. Glocks withstand everything and still fire. They do not have a traditional safety yet accidental discharge will only occur if the trigger is engaged. Highly recommend regardless of what firearm you choose as a starter weapon, take a safety and training course the day you pick it up. S-

I seen to be in the minority here but I like a revolver. I have a nice Lil' .38 Special. For whatever reason, I feel like I am in more control with a revolver...I know when it will shoot. I don't feel as confident with a semiautomatic. I suppose that that is why we have options, yes?

I seen to be in the minority here but I like a revolver. I have a nice Lil' .38 Special. For whatever reason, I feel like I am in more control with a revolver...I know when it will shoot. I don't feel as confident with a semiautomatic. I suppose that that is why we have options, yes?
youre not the only one, .45 ACP like pictured below. Im not sure if the magazine variety can accept a 410. I like a revolver too especially one that takes a shotgun shell /default_blink.png LOL

htw4k2.jpg

youre not the only one, .45 ACP like pictured below. Im not sure if the magazine variety can accept a 410. I like a revolver too especially one that takes a shotgun shell /default_blink.png LOL

htw4k2.jpg
That is sweet Mike!

Me as well you are not alone......

Hi Versus.  There are good points made here.  Revolvers are a bit easier for women with smaller and/or less-strong hands and will be my next purchase.

I started with the one Hooter has shown over the Glock because I wanted that added security of "seeing" the safety off or on.  I love it and it does have stopping power.  That said, it will shoot someone through a wall, but I didn't want to have to be running and grabbing for a big ole shotgun in the heat of the moment.  I'm still jealous of the laser sight you can add to the Glock, however.  

Also, biometric safes are nice and mine was super easy to install.

Wow, this thread made a bit of a sharp left hand turn.

I feel a strong sense of security surrounded by so many of you well prepared 'packin' (heavy in some cases) ladies and gentlemen.

I've always said size doesn't matter, it's how well you use what you're 'equipped' with, but sometimes I only say that so the that the smaller 'guns' don't feel left out.

Carry on all GI Joes and Jolenes. I'll sit back and enjoy the show!

B
LOL /default_rolleyes.gif  you are always...too funny.  My wife, who is not so kind, would disagree.  "Size matters" like a mantra.  Magnanimous of you, my dear...now back to guns!  /default_tongue.png

LOL /default_rolleyes.gif  you are always...too funny.  My wife, who is not so kind, would disagree.  "Size matters" like a mantra.  Magnanimous of you, my dear...now back to guns!  /default_tongue.png
OMGoodness, Blues - you've got me giggling on a Sunday morning.  " 'Size matters' like a mantra "

I think I like your wife!

Maybe not.  S&W or a Kimber with LR stingers MIGHT be alright for close work.  say 10 paces.  I'm sure I don't know it all.  Truth is, I don't know as much as I should.  Up until my my brain tumor blew my head off, I had no need for a weapon.  /default_wink.png  /default_ph34r.png

OMGoodness, Blues - you've got me giggling on a Sunday morning.  " 'Size matters' like a mantra "

I think I like your wife!
Once when daughter's v-ball team was doing a fund raiser car wash, I rode up on my motorcycle.  2-3 minutes later, some dad with a power wagon rode up and they started on him first.  "Hey what the hell? Here first!"  and she said..."You wait 'cause ____ ______!"  I blew 2 oz.of bottled water out me schnoz...  Them 14 y.o. snippets were almost hysterical.

Yeah she's special.  /default_dry.png  /default_wub.png

Before my lil brother drank himself to death and we were rolling in money, we had a Grady White boat.  The truck piece was a Sig Sauer 9 mm. (smaller grips for him)  The boat belonged to Mr. Ruger, a .357 Python.  I liked that thing.  I was big & strong then and could hit a milk jug 5 outa 6 times one handed at about 20 paces...from the boat.

Can't even lift it now.  sissified tweety bird.  /default_biggrin.png

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back