Need A Great Movie To Watch?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Any ideas my fellow gentleman and ladies?

On my own tonight...wife and 2 year old at Nannies.

/default_smile.png

Best

MVT...X

How about The Cove? It's a great documentary about the secret annual Japanese dolphin slaughter and it being exposed for the the world (won a ton of awards). Your family might find it boring or gruesome watching it. But I certainly did not.

I rate it a 10/10, 5 Stars.

Here is the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1313104/

Last edited by a moderator:
One Week

Following

The Mechanist

The Good Thief

Man on Fire

Lady in the Water

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Last edited:
If you are looking for a twist and turn also, this is a good one to pick up. I give it 4 stars as it started out with what seemed to be poor acting. However that changed and for a cool reason. At first I thought, great another love w/suspense movie. Wow did that turn into something different. Glad I decided to watch the entire thing

~Wiz

Behind Your Eyes (2012) Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Thriller fanatic. I just saw Soderbergh's Side Effects and I say best movie of the year. Very pertinent to this community to b/c is't all about drugs. I'm a film critic and this is the review I wrote for it.

[SIZE=large]Drugs and depression. Steven Soderbergh takes both subjects head- on in Side Effects, a film that examines how the lives of a group of individuals inevitability become tied together by mental illness and chance.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large][/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Emily Taylor’s (Rooney Mara) life is on the brink of total collapse. After waiting four years for her husband to get out of prison, her depression finally overtakes her. She ends up in the Emergency Room after a failed suicide attempt. Here she encounters Doctor Jonathan Banks (Jude Law).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Jude Law doesn’t seem a likely psychiatrist, but it doesn’t matter, he pulls it off and all the other characters fall into line around him; although Jude Law is the heart of the film, Soderbergh is undeniably at the helm here. He is the brain. Soderbergh’s characters habituate their New York City with 100% believability, believability so intense in fact, it is haunting.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]The viewer envies the characters and their glamorous lives, even more so as they destroy themselves. The viewer needs to remind themself that these characters do not exist, and this is a fiction, be it an excellently written one by Scott Z. Burns. As a screenwriter I watch this film as a lesson in how to build intersecting plot lines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Banks comes across as a doctor legitimately interesting in helping people, so when Emily claims to be living in a depressive fog Banks takes on the task of trying his best to help her. Emily’s condition begins to improve, but in the midst of the improvement tragedy strikes, and it threatens to bring down both patient and doctor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large][/SIZE]

​

[SIZE=large]As a psychiatrist Dr. Banks did what psychiatrists do, he prescribed drugs. Then more drugs. Then even more drugs. Even though it seems absurd at times just how many medications are being dolled here, for anyone who has ever experienced psychiatric treatment, they will realize that these procedures are standard. So is this a jab at psychiatry’s habit of throwing handfuls of pills at people in mental distress? However mind-boggling it may be that the treatment for nearly every mental condition is medication, this film doesn’t come across as serious critique of psychiatric drugs, or the pharmaceutical industry.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]There is a fog covering the whole film, figuratively in the melancholic tone, and literally in the shades of grey of the cinematography. This fog further complicates an already complex plot, but once you can piece together what has occurred, as I did hours afterwards, you will not be able to shake this film’s dark presence.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]In the end it is not drug use that is being criticized here, but rather the avaricious soul-sucking void, the characters' needs to engulf their surroundings, and the sociopathic culture that made them this way.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large]Amazing 9.5/10[/SIZE]

watched the impossible last night awesome film even got a bit emotional the scenes where the tsunami hits are unbelievably realistic, a 9/10 for me

a strange one but funny in a dark dark way is killing joe with matthew mconnahey 7/10 for the film but worth it for the laffs /default_laugh.png

Good one above, watched it on demand, Ty 99 for the mechanist, just watched finally, Christian Bale rocks, great movie! Since I've gotten out of hospital I have had a ton of bed rest and have finally started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix since it seems to me I'm the only person on this planet who hasn't seen it! Love that I can watch a whole season in a day, two more to go, so no spoiler alerts even though I heard he dies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarface, Goodfellas, The Departed, Platoon.

Oh, and the entire ocean's series!

Best zombie films I think is George Romero's films. Day of the dead etc. The remakes are petty good too. And of course resident evil is wicked awesome haha.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back