Need A Great Movie To Watch?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
johnnog said:
agree on that one,great film,then another he is in,probably his most well known is'In the name of the father',also has the late great actor ,Pete Postlilthwaite in it as his dad..(sorry forgot how to spell his name correctly)
Oh, I loved him in "The Usual Suspects" and all his movies. I can't spell his name either but he was a great actor

Oh do watch it! It's a favorite of mine and he is brilliant!

Dallas Drug Buyers Club: just watched a second time. Amazin' that McCanahey (I'm sure i'm busting his name).... true story
I agree, this movie was so good. McConaughey is one of my favs. I saw him at a dodger game once and he was so down to earth. He was standing in line in front of me to get a hot dog and was just chatting with two kids. It took a few mins for it to sink in on who I was looking at! Anyway, he did a great job getting into the character for this role!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, this movie was so good. McConaughey is one of my favs. I saw him at a dodger game once and he was so down to earth. He was standing in line in front of me to get a hot dog and was just chatting with two kids. It took a few mins for it to sink in on who I was looking at! Anyway, he did a great job getting into the character for this role!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really liked this movie as well. He really had to starve himself for the role; that's dedication to your craft! I can't even starve myself to fit into a dress.

Love those Dodger dogs by the way ;)

I loved Unbroken! It is pretty intense but very very good!

Undoubtedly you will have seen it johnnog, but Filth was a particularly impressive adaptation of the book, I had my doubts about it but I did enjoy it very much. Not seen anything recent for a while though, I am quite fussy about going to the cinema, i find it hard to give films a chance unless I am positive I will enjoy it

Last movie I went to was Gone Girl. Pretty good and creepy. I had just read the book too and still liked it.

Haven't braved the holiday crowds to see anything brand new. Do want to see Unbroken though.

We saw Fury at the theater and enjoyed that as well. Just watched Lone Survivor at home. Lots of blood and guts, my husband loved it.

No Spoilers.

For Christmas we watched:

"Maze Runner" - everyone liked it; kept our interest, good pace of action

"Guardians of the Galaxy" - we enjoyed it; funny with action and some good music

(Both of these had endings that left possibility of sequels)

If this is "Last Movie I Paid to See in a Theatre?"  - that would be "Dawn of Planet of the Apes" 3D with my grandson for his birthday.

The next one I'll pay to view? Latest "Hobbit" movie is on my schedule.   /default_smile.png

(Dragons just look so much better on a large screen!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last movie I went to was Gone Girl. Pretty good and creepy. I had just read the book too and still liked it.
Haven't braved the holiday crowds to see anything brand new. Do want to see Unbroken though.
We saw Fury at the theater and enjoyed that as well. Just watched Lone Survivor at home. Lots of blood and guts, my husband loved it.
I missed Gone Girl but LOVED the book! I wonder if it is available On Demand now?

Saw Unbroken the day after Christmas. It is intense but awesome!

Edit. Sorry for repeating myself. I think my earlier post was the night I stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG! Ha!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Hobbit yesterday and it was great! But a Lil over two hrs as usual. If u can sit too long

Sit in the very last row that way you can stand up and stretch. Happy movie hunting 👍

How about:

Boondock Saints I and II  (director's cut)

Wind That Shakes the Barley

Kill the Irishman   /default_biggrin.png

The Departed

or maybe....

The Westies

/default_ohmy.png        /default_tongue.png

Anyone know a good link to watch box office movies that just came out online? I met a dude over the holidays that said he watched "unbroken" for $6.99 online, but I can't remember the site...

-YB

My husband started snoring during Unbroken yesterday. 3 times. I had to make him go out of the theatre to wake up.

johnnog said:
you got a link to that YB?Why did she do Dallas?Why not Detroit?(too many poor people there probably)
I'll PM you a link to the full movie john. It's actually really cheesy, but you asked for it!!

-YB

My husband started snoring during Unbroken yesterday. 3 times. I had to make him go out of the theatre to wake up.
Wow...Really? I heard Unbroken was supposed to be really good...

I thought Unbroken was excellent. It is a bit intense and it is long (a lot of the same thing) but the story is most inspiring. It follows the book very well and you can actually pick up the second half of his story easily in print. I thought the second half (not shown on screen) was quite inspiring. His life really hit the skids until he found his faith. Loved it but I can see that it might be long for some people.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back