Opiate Use

I quit (mostly) cold turkey on 12/24. I flushed about 18 Roxies down the toilet in a dramatic flourish with a speech about reclaiming my life. (If anyone wanrs to be annoyed about wasting perfectly good meds, don't; if I hadn't of flushed them, I would have used them).

I was so very lucky that my wd symptoms were semi-minor. Besides feeling freezing cold while simultaneously sweating, I felt little to no nausea. I did need the occasional loperamide for digestive help. The first couple of days, I felt like I was trodding my way through life in a thick, joyless fog, exhausted and groggy. I experienced every emotion under the sun in a random, rapid fire pattern, mostly twinged with panic which made me pace the house like a crazy man. The coffee didn't help with that. Nor did it help with the irregular heartbeat I would occasionally feel. But then it seemed to subside after a few days and some good interactions with friends (and wine) and good sleep (and ambien). The part I feared the most and which triggered most of my panic attacks (retuning home where I always used) eventually seemed manageable and it was. I've now poured my energy into other activities (reading, writing, films, working out) and creating other positive events in my life that I truly look forward to doing. I still get the urges sometimes, but they are pretty manageable especially given the money saved, the current SY quality issues etc.

Anyway, here's hoping I make it. And all the best, good luck to all of you, too.
Very well done indeed. =) Admiring your will power and determination! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll reach even better places. =)

I quit (mostly) cold turkey on 12/24. I flushed about 18 Roxies down the toilet in a dramatic flourish with a speech about reclaiming my life. (If anyone wanrs to be annoyed about wasting perfectly good meds, don't; if I hadn't of flushed them, I would have used them).

I was so very lucky that my wd symptoms were semi-minor. Besides feeling freezing cold while simultaneously sweating, I felt little to no nausea. I did need the occasional loperamide for digestive help. The first couple of days, I felt like I was trodding my way through life in a thick, joyless fog, exhausted and groggy. I experienced every emotion under the sun in a random, rapid fire pattern, mostly twinged with panic which made me pace the house like a crazy man. The coffee didn't help with that. Nor did it help with the irregular heartbeat I would occasionally feel. But then it seemed to subside after a few days and some good interactions with friends (and wine) and good sleep (and ambien). The part I feared the most and which triggered most of my panic attacks (retuning home where I always used) eventually seemed manageable and it was. I've now poured my energy into other activities (reading, writing, films, working out) and creating other positive events in my life that I truly look forward to doing. I still get the urges sometimes, but they are pretty manageable especially given the money saved, the current SY quality issues etc.

Anyway, here's hoping I make it. And all the best, good luck to all of you, too.
Hey Jamiva! Nice to "see" you! Congratulations! You did such a good job of describing the feelings of withdrawal. I have withdrawn from a MAJOR tramp habit, which in some ways is similar to opiatez, only with the addition of the ssri type symptoms. It was the HARDEST thing I have ever done, besides telling my husband I was no longer in love with him. It seems that you have found all of the same things help you that I found helped me. The major one is exercise. You have to force yourself at first but after you realize the straight up benefits of working out HARD..it gets easier. I have been clean from tramp since June of 2013. You CAN do this! Also for me, the nights of no sleep were the most difficult. I Know this thread is about opiate wd, so it is different, but I imagine the sleeplessness is pretty much the same..or so I have heard. It took me months to start sleeping again. I Really do think that lack of sleep is natures valium...lol! I am going through a three days with no sleep thing, after quite a long uninterrupted period of sleeping soundly for nine hours. I just keep forcing myself to remember that this is only temporary and I will eventually sleep again.

If you look in the tramadol thread for my posts there were other things than can help. Maybe you will find some useful info there, since the wds are somewhat similar. Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers BIG time. I have always enjoyed your posts.....let us know how you are doing from time to time please. Despite m this being a drug buying forum, there are so many people stopping something. the love and support I have recieved here is absolutely amazing. Take care! Xo

Wow. Thank you so much Cat!! I have always loved your posts and your warm attitude towards everyone including Newbies. Behind the anonymity of the Internet, people can be so nasty but you always come from a place of warmth and love. Thank you to everyone, your support truly helps, and I wish you all the very best.

I am at the point of NEEDING to quit hard pks after soo many years of dependants.

I am looking into all kind of ways of achieving this after a few failed attempts  (which makes me feel even more depressed).I am looking at ibogaine treatment now along with a naltrexone implant,I feel this time I will free myself from the "green handcuffs" im getting too long in the tooth for the daily battle.I may have to take a loan out to pay for the treatment but it has to be money well spent after so many failed relationships and family disappointments.well done to those who have freed themselves from this addiction it gives me hope I can do the same anyone with experience of the ibogaine treatment I would be grateful for any experiences as it seems quite a good solution from what I've seen on u tube ect.

Peace

Bliss. ....

bliss... I'm sure you've already thought of this but what about sub-ox-one?  I was able to get off p/k's painlessly using a small amount... if I knew then what I know now I would have tapered off the subs after a month instead the dr. kept me on it for years until I decided to get off myself.

While I haven't been a mega  long term pain killer user......I'd say consistently for a year if you take out the breaks I took but I'm concerned that I've become addicted. I don't take them recreationally. I do indeed have a medical condition that sux and prevents me from working properly but for three days in a row, I've taken 3 10/325s which I never do. My usual dose is 2 10/325s. When I was on 5/325s, my doc had me take 1 four times a day.  I'm concerned where this is going and I want options to treat pain. I just came off of a break from taking pks and went with mj. But mj sometimes makes the pain worse which I read is normal. I just don't want my life in shambles due to some addiction. I don't know what to do and where to go. And please don't laugh....I know some might think a year is nothing but to me it's really something.

While I haven't been a mega  long term pain killer user......I'd say consistently for a year if you take out the breaks I took but I'm concerned that I've become addicted. I don't take them recreationally. I do indeed have a medical condition that sux and prevents me from working properly but for three days in a row, I've taken 3 10/325s which I never do. My usual dose is 2 10/325s. When I was on 5/325s, my doc had me take 1 four times a day.  I'm concerned where this is going and I want options to treat pain. I just came off of a break from taking pks and went with mj. But mj sometimes makes the pain worse which I read is normal. I just don't want my life in shambles due to some addiction. I don't know what to do and where to go. And please don't laugh....I know some might think a year is nothing but to me it's really something.
​I would never laugh at anyone when it comes to this. You might not think a year is all that long when taking meds, but I can tell you, it takes no time at all to become addicted to these things. You can become addicted before you even know what's hit you. But, as you've said, you have a medical condition that requires meds, so you're going to have to take them, or sit around and be in pain. Since you've noticed that you may be becoming addicted, now you can take control. Cut back to taking what you have to take. Take them only when you really need them, and just push on. I mean seeing as how you have to have them for your pain, I don't know what else a person can do. The way I've always looked at it, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Addicted or not, if I'm in pain, and there's something out there that will curtail that, I'm taking it. I'll be like everyone else...dependent on my medication.

Look into Kratom. It's helped me cut back on my meds, and to a point cut my meds completely out. It's a great thing, Kratom.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never laugh at anyone when it comes to this. You might not think a year is all that long when taking meds, but I can tell you, it takes no time at all to become addicted to these things. You can become addicted before you even know what's hit you. But, as you've said, you have a medical condition that requires meds, so you're going to have to take them, or sit around and be in pain. Since you've noticed that you may be becoming addicted, now you can take control. Cut back to taking what you have to take. Take them only when you really need them, and just push on. I mean seeing as how you have to have them for your pain, I don't know what else a person can do. The way I've always looked at it, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Addicted or not, if I'm in pain, and there's something out there that will curtail that, I'm taking it. I'll be like everyone else...dependent on my medication.

Look into Kratom. It's helped me cut back on my meds, and to a point cut my meds completely out. It's a great thing, Kratom.  

I had a doc appt today and voiced my concern about addiction. The doc was amazing and he talked to me about the benefits of using medical mj over opiates and said as soon as my state smooths things out with the medical mj card he would approve me for medical mj. I'm feeling much better since I feel like I have an option plus knowing that mj is a plant and a little more natural. Not sure how long we are looking at before I can get the card but he said hopefully lawmakers will have it all smoothed out in the coming months. He talked to me about different strains and told me some strains do indeed make the pain worse sometimes but there are strains that take away the pain altogether.

Thanks a bunch for your input and thanks for not laughing. It's nice to know others out there are very compassionate. I do have lots of Kratom btw and I love that stuff however I had to back off of it for awhile because it was causing this weird tingling sensation in my gums that lasted for weeks. Not sure why. Does this ever happen to you? I've researched it and it seems it happens to others but nobody knows why. It's not a painful feeling, just more annoying and unpleasant, especially when it goes on for weeks.

I would never laugh at anyone when it comes to this. You might not think a year is all that long when taking meds, but I can tell you, it takes no time at all to become addicted to these things. You can become addicted before you even know what's hit you. But, as you've said, you have a medical condition that requires meds, so you're going to have to take them, or sit around and be in pain. Since you've noticed that you may be becoming addicted, now you can take control. Cut back to taking what you have to take. Take them only when you really need them, and just push on. I mean seeing as how you have to have them for your pain, I don't know what else a person can do. The way I've always looked at it, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Addicted or not, if I'm in pain, and there's something out there that will curtail that, I'm taking it. I'll be like everyone else...dependent on my medication.

I had a doc appt today and voiced my concern about addiction. The doc was amazing and he talked to me about the benefits of using medical mj over opiates and said as soon as my state smooths things out with the medical mj card he would approve me for medical mj. I'm feeling much better since I feel like I have an option plus knowing that mj is a plant and a little more natural. Not sure how long we are looking at before I can get the card but he said hopefully lawmakers will have it all smoothed out in the coming months. He talked to me about different strains and told me some strains do indeed make the pain worse sometimes but there are strains that take away the pain altogether.

Thanks a bunch for your input and thanks for not laughing. It's nice to know others out there are very compassionate. I do have lots of Kratom btw and I love that stuff however I had to back off of it for awhile because it was causing this weird tingling sensation in my gums that lasted for weeks. Not sure why. Does this ever happen to you? I've researched it and it seems it happens to others but nobody knows why. It's not a painful feeling, just more annoying and unpleasant, especially when it goes on for weeks.

Sorry, this office chair I sit in breaks me completely down at times and I just have to give it a rest. But anyway, no Kratom has never done me that way. By the way, you must have a really good doc. I would never mention the word addiction around my doc for fear he would tar and feather me right on the spot. They've got all these doc's running scared.

Sorry, this office chair I sit in breaks me completely down at times and I just have to give it a rest. But anyway, no Kratom has never done me that way. By the way, you must have a really good doc. I would never mention the word addiction around my doc for fear he would tar and feather me right on the spot. They've got all these doc's running scared.
He's a chronic pain sufferer himself so he is very compassionate, understanding and non-judgmental. Love the guy!

bliss... I'm sure you've already thought of this but what about sub-ox-one?  I was able to get off p/k's painlessly using a small amount... if I knew then what I know now I would have tapered off the subs after a month instead the dr. kept me on it for years until I decided to get off myself.
Sorry for the late reply Suzie but I had been on subs and ended up using H also SO STUPID I know as I thought my head was going to explode as my body didn't know what was going on (subs and H ) don't mix!.

So I'm now on 50mls of the green stuff and I need to get back down to atleast 25-30ml before I can go back on the subs,I was looking into ibogaine treatment but they said I'd need to go onto shorter acting opi@tes before they can even consider me for treatment.Also the treatment is over £2000 which I really don't have at the moment so all I can do is taper from the m€th@done and get back on the subs if they are willing to put me down that road again?.Anyone out there thinking of dabbling with H please don't cause however strong you think you are she will always control you in the end.She is a cruel and expensive habit to keep ?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back