Poppy Seed Tea

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I've been making poppy seed tea for the past couple of months with absolute success!

Strange right? I thought it was a myth for a long time until I tried the recipe, very easy.

I take about 1 pound of poppy seeds from Bulk Barn (your supplier will vary with seeds... some of them come washed, so you might have to try out a few different sources, unwashed seeds yield some really potent product).

- Pour seeds (maybe start at a lower dose like 200 - 300 grams) into a plastic 2L pop bottle or similar container.

- Add enough warm water to fully immerse the seeds

- Add the equivelant of 2 lemons worth of lemon juice

- Shake like mad for 5 minutes... let sit for 3 minutes... shake like mad for another 5 minutes.

- Untwist the cap of the bottle just enough so that it doesn't fall off, but tight enough to allow the liquid out.

- Pour and squeeze the juice out.

And that's it! Down the mixture and wait about 30 mins for the effect. I feel it for several hours and it really helps with withdrawals.

Wow! Really?! sounds like a good last resort given our plight with no H in sight for awhile...

thanks for the tip!

poppy

You are welcome!

Just be careful... I know it sounds silly, but there are confirmed overdose deaths linked to poppy seed tea.

It can be dangerous as each batch is different. The coating on the seeds is what contains traces of latex from poppy pods... I have tried batches that do nothing (definitely washed) and some have kicked my ass!!

Point being: Start slow with each batch. Work your way up.

Please post your experiences here if you try it out. I'm interested to see how others react to it.

Do you remember how he prepared it?
I just remember him chewing up some poppy bulbs with a blender, then adding some other stuff, and putting it in an old coffee pot to steep for a while. It tasted awful. I did feel something but wasn't euphoric that's for certain. Nobody's going to make Poppy Tea Dens with that recipe. I remember he got the recipe from Erowid.

Yeah. If you JUST use seeds it takes bad, but the lemon juice or iced tea helps a lot. I've never tried pods before though.

My old roommate was addicted to painkillers and would make poppy seed tea all the time he said it was like morphine and I only tried it once but it definately made pain go away and had me feeling good.

I have been using poppy pods on and off for almost a decade. It was great when they had them on EBay, but lo and behold those days are long gone. IME the difficult aspect here is the different potencies of different batches of pods. Some vendors may provide strong, alkaloid rich pods one time and very weak ones the next. Most now, especially sites based in the US, use hybrid ones sanctioned by the DEA. These have very little thebaine and morphine content. Simply put, they suck. Also, while quality has shot down prices have skyrocketed here in the US and to a much smaller degree abroad. I do have a couple sources that I use from England. Even their quality varies but for the price are manageable. If anyone has any good sources, as many from the EBay days are still active only though email, please PM me. Likewise, if anyone would like my sources let me know and I will PM.

Also, I forgot to mention that I find it much more effective and have read as well that eating the powdered pods ( grind them up using a coffee grinder or blender) is the best mode of ingestion as the absorption rate of said alkaloids is highest this way. If you really want to maximize the pods' effects, drink a cup or two of grapefruit juice a half hour before ingestion as it counteracts your liver's metabolizing efforts increasing the pods euphoric and analgesic properties. I never make the 'tea'.

My old roommate was addicted to painkillers and would make poppy seed tea all the time he said it was like morphine and I only tried it once but it definately made pain go away and had me feeling good.
I think oral and even IV morphine is VERY melow, and not very euphoric unless mixed with a benzo (which i do not recommend for health reasons)

if grown, poppy seeds husks leaves and pods can boil up nicely to make a tea, its bitter-sweet taste is disgusting but wonderful after a while, and i dont find it takes that much to make it

raw opium however is a lovely thing, drunk as a tea, /default_wub.png

not smoked unless you REALLY know what you're doing (i've been told you'll burn your throat and lungs without noticing it, as well as damage your immune system, becoming ill and not know why)

downside to opium is however, you need to almost double the dose each time. the euphoria comes at a high price: addiction.

<<<<found this video quite interesting, shows addiction potential of opium, as well as some people smoking through an opium pipe :(

I've been making poppy seed tea for the past couple of months with absolute success!

Strange right? I thought it was a myth for a long time until I tried the recipe, very easy.

I take about 1 pound of poppy seeds from Bulk Barn (your supplier will vary with seeds... some of them come washed, so you might have to try out a few different sources, unwashed seeds yield some really potent product).

- Pour seeds (maybe start at a lower dose like 200 - 300 grams) into a plastic 2L pop bottle or similar container.

- Add enough warm water to fully immerse the seeds

- Add the equivelant of 2 lemons worth of lemon juice

- Shake like mad for 5 minutes... let sit for 3 minutes... shake like mad for another 5 minutes.

- Untwist the cap of the bottle just enough so that it doesn't fall off, but tight enough to allow the liquid out.

- Pour and squeeze the juice out.

And that's it! Down the mixture and wait about 30 mins for the effect. I feel it for several hours and it really helps with withdrawals.
Thats hillarious im going to try it, I actually work at Bulk Barn and I've noticed the poppy seeds we sell are produced by GlaxoSmithKline in Australia

Anyone have a link to a website that sells good poppy seed pods??
It's a crap shot in the US, I've heard there had been some good pulls from Amazon.com vendors in recent months, and a lot of the reviews sneak in the tea mention, however it sounds like it varies. I just ordered some for a few bucks off of there and I just ordered some sourced from Holland. I'll let ya know in a week or so. I'm really curious about trying this too. However I have done a good bit of opiates, including much morphine, so I also have a really fairly good tolerance.

Last edited:
It definitely is a crap shoot. I have what I think is a moderate tolerance for low level opiates (codeine). Today I decided to make a batch of Poppy seed tea as my recent orders have gone way over expected delivery times. Poppy seeds were from Penzey's spices. First batch was 8oz (or approx 225 grams) in 1 L bottle half filled with room temp water and topped off with Lemon juice after seeds added.

I am happy to report a very pleasant resultant buzz. It was not my first time with tea and I've yet to be unsuccessful. I was only surprised at the amount it took for nice result as other attempts at such low "dosage" rendered no impact whatsoever.

Honestly everytime i have tried PST i have failed miserably. On the other hand when i finally found some good pods they were fantastic The prices are absolutley rediculous and discontinued using tea. On top of that the vendor who i was purchasing from began sending lower and lower quality pods not to mention the size dramatically decreased with each purchase. I suppose i wouldnt mind making tea again if i also found a decent vendor. On a side note once ingested you can expect a 12 to 18 hour buzz and tolerance skyrockets fairly quickly with moderate use. Also be extremely careful when ingesting as effects can sometimes take an hour or more to come on. You do not want to realize that you drank to much because you were not feeling anything.

HOLY COW......

I tired this, used Cold water and shimmy shimmy shake for a while. Get the family involved and SHAKE IT UP.... /default_smile.png

I use cold water and lemon shake it up, then mix with grapefruit juice and Two tumms ground up.

The tumms allow for better absorption of the goods in the body and i can tell you out of the same bag of seeds this mixture  (.75 lbs) just enough water to float the top couplke of inches and a small amount of pure lemon juice shake  shake shake pour with grapefruit juice and tumms .... And holy cow its help a ton!

ok, so from a Seinfield eposide from way back when when Elaine was getting pee tested and got a hot UA from Poppy seeds (muffins, lol)....can that really happen you think?   

Just wondering, which brands of poppy seeds is the best for making tea these days?

It seems my old go to is crap now (Bob's Red Mill). I also tried Frontier - both organic and non-organic with no success.  

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back