Poppy Seed Tea

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
I've bought Frontier (based on great online reviews) and was sorely disappointed.  Nothing at all.  I've bought seeds in bulk from WinCo a few times.  One bag was fantastic, two have been very weak.  I'd love to figure out a consistent option, because when it works it is fabulous, but so far it doesn't seem like there's ever a guarantee with PST.

I haven't make the jump to pods yet, but I'm thinking I might for the sake of consistency.  There's only so many bottles of bitter-garden-flavored liquid you can drink without results until you get sick of the process.

However, I am debating buying a large quantity from the same source and trying different solvents & methods, since there are SO MANY sets of directions saying how this one way of doing it is the only option, other options weaken the potency, yadda yadda.  I'm hoping my next trip to WinCo (or maybe Natural Grocers) results in something usable so I can compare-contrast. 

IMO the seeds taste horrible and I can barely choke em down for a very mediorcre buzz. Pods are where it's at but as has been already mentioned, good ones are hard to find but not impossible. I've had full on nods from pods before like doing full on H but be very very carefull with pods since if you do develope a habit your not simply addicted to one substance but all of the different alkaloids present, like 10 different opiates at once and they can be a bitch to wd from.

I used to get awesome ones right in my own town before the growers caught on to all the abuse and stopped growing them., but there's still a couple farms in the area that have them. I lived In a flower growing meca in SoCal at the time and it was like heaven till I had to kick Em. Worst wd ever. Please be careful with that stuff.

Seeds are a cheap alternative, and DO help with w/d's. Pods are better, but much more expensive.

One of the better ways I have experienced poppy seeds is to soak them in grapefruit juice, and than heat them up a little. (You want to get the juice hot, but not boiling) drill numerous small holes in the cap on the grapefruit juice bottle, and return the juice from the stove to the original bottle after it has cooled.  Leave the juice in the fridge for a couple hours, than remove from fridge. Squeeze the juice bottle with the lid on into a cup, and enjoy!

The seeds will stay in the bottle, and not in your cup...

-YB

Last edited:
no matter what people say i always cant help but think that poppy seed tea is placebo effect at best. there are no alkaloids on them or in them, so if theres any effect it would be from something like pesticide?

no matter what people say i always cant help but think that poppy seed tea is placebo effect at best. there are no alkaloids on them or in them, so if theres any effect it would be from something like pesticide?
If I'm correct, the alkaloids are on the outside of the seeds. You have to shake them off. Lemon acid helps with that.

However, finding the good seeds is like a finding a good loterry ticket. Just go to each grocery store in town and buy two or three packs of each different brand. There will bena good batch in there.

If I'm correct, the alkaloids are on the outside of the seeds. You have to shake them off. Lemon acid helps with that.

However, finding the good seeds is like a finding a good loterry ticket. Just go to each grocery store in town and buy two or three packs of each different brand. There will bena good batch in there.
Really, it's that easy to find a good batch? I'm very curious and have thought about doing just that but I figured the stuff out there was all bunk. Interesting. So is the only way to tell if it's a good batch to go through the steps to prepare it and then try it? Or can you just lick the seeds and know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, it's that easy to find a good batch? I'm very curious and have thought about doing just that but I figured the stuff out there was all bunk. Interesting. So is the only way to tell if it's a good batch to go through the steps to prepare it and then try it? Or can you just lick the seeds and know?

Disclaimer: I've never done this so what I'm adding is strictly based on what I've read....

I think one would have much better luck trying to find unwashed seeds at some type of organic/ethnic grocer rather than a grocery chain. Also, there used to be several reliable vendors on line but those too are dwindling. I think there is one that has "wedding" in the URL. You could prob google poppy seed poppy pods and wedding vendor and find them pretty easily. Also there are forums strictly for poppy production and preparation (I think). The one thing I recall reading is the need for extreme caution when consuming poppy tea. There is no way to know how much active ingredient you are getting from batch to batch. Onset is slow so you think you aren't getting the benefits; drink more; then "more" is way too much.

There was a time I would have tried it but I am easily frustrated lol and don't want to mess with the trial and error of obtaining good seeds and or pods. Oh! Also I think pods are more effective but as always more expensive.

If anyone reads this and it is in error (part or whole) feel free to correct me. My info is based only on some pretty extensive research.

Im sticking with kratom but I think if you get a good poppy tea high then it is very good (and habit forming also).

Let me know if you decide to do this. I might like it for a treat (but it tastes bad I think)!

I haven't tried this yet, but I do plan on it. I'm waiting for a shipment from Amazon for a lb of seeds from Aussie. I'm suppose to get it by the 23rd I think, but we'll see. I also ordered a buncha other herbs from Amazon and another website, but I'll post in the appropriate places.

I got sick of hitting and missing for my drug, so I'm going with the earth than chemicals. 

I just made some, wicked excited. It doesn't taste as bad as i was expecting. Very earthy and lemony. I had to use a real lemon instead of lemon juice cause I couldnt find any.

I just made some, wicked excited. It doesn't taste as bad as i was expecting. Very earthy and lemony. I had to use a real lemon instead of lemon juice cause I couldnt find any.
I'm excited to hear about your results!

Dumb question, am I allowed to post my experience here? I love this website too much to get kicked out.

I would love to hear your experience! I'm curious about PST although I KNOW I would need to be super careful!

Now, tell tell !

Oh my god its fantastic! I usually love pk's and ah! The PST is so worth it. I did it twice and the first time was fantastic. Spacey but felt wonderful! The second time I upped my dose a little too much, so I just passed out but with the right dose, it's the most perfect thing in the world! And it lasts for a good chunk of time too. At least a solid 24 hours for me, I have a slow metabolism though. But I love it, even the taste, it's not bad at all. So heavenly! /default_cool.png

That is so cool.mmi used the tea when inwas withdrawing from a BAD tram habit. I wonder what if I could use it my pain during my breaks from kratom (for tolerance).

I haven't tried this yet, but I do plan on it. I'm waiting for a shipment from Amazon for a lb of seeds from Aussie. I'm suppose to get it by the 23rd I think, but we'll see. I also ordered a buncha other herbs from Amazon and another website, but I'll post in the appropriate places.

I got sick of hitting and missing for my drug, so I'm going with the earth than chemicals.
Could I get the name of the vendor you used?

I tried buying some seeds from the local smart n final and made some tea tonight and it didn't work. I was too impatient to wait for my online order! Btw, it tasted awful but no worse than kratom so I can deal with it.

Cat, the brand is called food for life. I saw a lot of bad reviews for that brand but it worked for PO so I may buy some anyways. The brand I hear a lot of good things about is Bob's Red Mill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back