Quote Of The Day

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Tennyson

There is a Languor of the Life
More imminent than Pain
'Tis Pain's Successor, When the Soul
Has suffered all it can

E Dickinson

choose life

i chose not to choose life

the reasons?

who needs reasons when youve got heroin.

mark renton, trainspotting

medicine is my lawful wife

and literature my mistress

when i get tired of one

i spend the night with the other

anton chechov

i have a simple philosophy

fill whats empty

empty whats full

scratch where it itches

alice roosevelt longworth

dealing with backstabbers there was one thing i learned

there only powerful when you got your back turned

eminem

HA......! THATS AWESOME DUDE,ALOT OF THAT WAS GO'N ON IN BOOTCAMP WE'D HAZE EM & GLAZE EM! /default_wacko.png #BESTQUOTE

Better to be silent and thought a fool

than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

"If You're not going to use your head,you may as well have an ass on both ends"

Pearls of wisdom from my first boss,45 years ago

I'm selfish,impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.

But if you can't handle me at my worst ,then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

....Marilyn Monroe

"Stop letting people who do so little for you, control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions."

....Will Smith

I could quote this entire short essay, but I'll choose this excerpt and see if it piques your interest into reading the entire work (15 pages in my edition):

"Why does God afflict the best men with bad health, or grief, or other misfortunes? Because in the army the bravest men are ordered to carry out dangerous missions: it is the picked soldiers whom a general sends to take the enemy by surprise in an attack at night, or to reconnoitre a route, or to force a garrison to yield their position. Not one of them says, 'the general has done me a bad turn,' but rather, 'this is a sign of his favour'. The same should be said by men who are ordered to undergo trials that would make the faint-hearted and cowards weep: 'God has judged us worthy instruments of his purpose to ascertain how much human nature can bear.'"

-Seneca, On Providence, Davie translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could quote this entire short essay, but I'll choose this excerpt and see if it piques your interest into reading the entire work (15 pages in my edition):

"Why does God afflict the best men with bad health, or grief, or other misfortunes? Because in the army the bravest men are ordered to carry out dangerous missions: it is the picked soldiers whom a general sends to take the enemy by surprise in an attack at night, or to reconnoitre a route, or to force a garrison to yield their position. Not one of them says, 'the general has done me a bad turn,' but rather, 'this is a sign of his favour'. The same should be said by men who are ordered to undergo trials that would make the faint-hearted and cowards weep: 'God has judged us worthy instruments of his purpose to ascertain how much human nature can bear.'"

-Seneca, On Providence, Davie translation.
Yes, it piques my interest. But could I possibly subscribe to such eternal optimism? I'm sure I could not, so no need to test me further.

Yes, it piques my interest. But could I possibly subscribe to such eternal optimism? I'm sure I could not, so no need to test me further.
If it even stirs a little emotion in your heart, I'd definitely recommend spending the time to read it in its entirety. It's gotten me out of deep pits of despair. Another good one to read is Seneca's On the Shortness of Life.

He's one of my favorite philosophers of all time. Very easy to read and practical despite being nearly 2000 years old. Seneca even admits that he can't go without certain luxuries but that doesn't detract from the ideal. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back