Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Been loving Desert Essence natural Tea Tree Oil facial cleaning pads. My skin is really tempermental this time of year so Ive not been using much makeup on my skin, just tinted moisturizer/sunscreen. 

A funny thing today- I buy Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo for the boys because it cleans their hair really good. I had run out of my body wash so I though the shampoo smelled pretty good so I put it on my loofah touse as soap and......omg , just dont ever do this. :836_sos: :843_hotsprings: :855_interrobang:

lol I once had a shampoo incident because of same situation - the burn is ungodly! 

Pureology has to be my fave smelling shampoo - too bad it doesn't work with my hair :(  

SOmething extremely yummy:

MICHAEL KORS signature original perfume.  Notes are Dewy Freesia, Tamarind, Chinese Osmanthus, Gardenia , Fresh Tuberose, White Wings Peony, Blue Orris, Arum Lilies, Cashmere Woods, Musk, Vetiver Haiti.

It has floral and woody scent...dreamy as dreamy can be.  

I love this perfume and suggest that anyone looking for a new scent go out and give it a go.

Debenham's carries it; most of the cheap perfume outlets and Boots do not.  In fact, ironically, the Michael Kors store in the heart of London did not even have it in stock!  I have five bottles stashed in my closet because I am afraid that they will discontinue it.  Somehow, anything I love always gets discontinued.

So, if you are looking for a new and dreamy, floral and yet woody smell to enhance your senses and get the attention of those close to you--go try this!

@SaintAlien I'm asking you because you said you are the queen of cosmetics. I rarely where makeup, but now that I'm sobering up and feeling prettier I want to look prettier! I went to Sephora and was totally lost I had no idea there were so many brands. Is there any specific one that you like? I got some Nars face powder but do you have any recommendations for eyeliner not liquid and mascara? Everytime I wear mascara I don't know why it seems to smudge and I look like a raccoon! Thanks in advance!

OMG It would take me forever lol

run we down on face tone (oily / dry ) skin color (do you know your understones?)

I use MakeupForever (HD) foundation / loose powder

I use Nars blush in "orgasm" (everyone looks great on it)

Highlights I use Nars Orgasm and an sheer shade

I use liquid water proof liner but if you're clueless - use pencil of anytype and water proof

Mascara "as good as sex" by two faced

Natural eye shadow pallet by two faced too

Face primer: two faced "hangover"

:)

Lip gloss - I like wet n' wild lol

OH

Go to Sephora and get a makeover and it's FREE but purchase a products and you'll get samples :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@SaintAlien you are a lifesaver or beauty saver I should say. I really appreciate you taking the time to write. I love my Nars face powder and even looked at the orgasm blush. But I will take your suggestion to heart and get a makeover at Sephora I didn't know they even offered them! After staying out of trouble for a week, staying clean I deserve a present for myself! I know it's not long but heck it's a start! And the mascara tip is wonderful. I usually only wear lip gloss and a mascara good to know of a good brand. I'm definately going to the mall this week and buying the products you mentioned and do the makeover before I leave for Denver!  New face, new place , new start! Thanks so much! You are too kind!

I've been out of the loop on our beauty thread.

I also like Nars blush. Don't know what color I bought last time, but it's a tad too dark so I will definitely check out orgasm.

I like to get the beauty magazines when they give their top products lists. I have had pretty good luck with the recommendations.

I just bought a cheap mascara, 40,000 lashes or something to that effect and it's working great. I have the length from using rapidlash but I wanted a thickening mascara and this one fills the bill.

I also bought the new mascara by Rimmel that claims to dye your lashes with daily use. I have not committed to the 2 weeks it supposedly takes to work because as a stand alone mascara, it kind of sucks. Maybe I will wear it to bed and deal with waking up with raccoon eyes. I will report back if it really works.

Here's a huge tip:

Get the makeover and buy a good mascara / eyeliner (she used on you and specify not to use liquid eyeliner).  You want to go home and be able to replicate the look you liked there.

Few things:

The makeup tutorials on youtube are girls using DRAG QUEEN makeup tips!!!!!! That's where:

"baking"

"contouring" ( A LITTLE IS OK)

Comes from and honey it looks like shit in the daylight and like you have streaks with pounds of that shit on your face.

Take notes!!! Write down what she uses and ask for a "sultry daytime look, which with fake lashes could be a nighttime look." 

Go on amazon and buy it there!!!  It's so cheap / free shipping often.  Get hair stuff and things there you need (hair, nails) 

Amazon for makeup and I'll happily supply my list on here via links

DO NOT BUY:

Jeffery Starr *he was a room-mate way way back in 05 and he's not changed. He is a racist 100%

Limecrime  *FDA warning regarding them on some of their products

Do Buy

Your lashes at target - get the 9 or 10 pairs for $10.00 they come in one case and and are human not synthetic

Use latex free lash glue (dries clear) cheaper or about the same amount of money $6

Get Finishing Spray by NYX (I get Dewy) but there's matte as well $8

NYX I LOOOOOOVE their product line and ELF. I swear to you - those are the best drug store makeup brands

If I had to pick a brand to cover all bases; I'd go with two faced cosmetics with Nars "orgasm" blush

Try it because it works with ALL SKIN SHADES

OH! Use a Foundation Brush and swirl on your bare face / then you put on concealer in a V shape. Makeup blender for concealer towards your nose. 

So it goes:

Primer (face) FIRST

eye primer

I use ELF under eye primer as well  because of dark circles - it looks very glowy

Now, do your eyes. 

Do lid  (light)

Do crease (darker)

Blend  (it's okay if they blend a bit together)

I usually go back to the corners and add again the dark crease color 

Do your eyeliner how you want

If you use lashes - do it now 

Use mascara

Use pencil liner on the WATER LINE

i wait to do the lower lid until I'm done (the color etc and I usually add the singlet lashes - think Edie Sedgwick or  Twiggy)

Now do your foundation! 

Use a foundation brush and LESS  is best.  Foundation and powder settle into lines - or just use a good BB creame

Brush in circles and up to your lower lid. Make sure you go down the neck with the brush and blend.

With the beauty blender (the one that looks like a butt plug) : get into the nasal creases, your chin and jaw line.

Now!

I like using liquid blush (orgasm / nars) and the lightest by NYX) I use a Stipple brush and again swirls on your cheek bone (middle of the eye if the farthest you go!), up the sides / into the hairline a bit. Go over this with the beauty blender to make sure it's even.

I now put on lip liner and color my lips in completely with it (so you always have it on!) 

Under the eyes you want to get small beauty sponges ($4 at Target), turn your ELF under eye powder ($3) upside down, unscrew it, tap it and get a lot in there (don't overflow). Dip you small sponge in and thickly apply this under your eyes and between the nose and lips.

Get ELF compact HD pressed powder. You'll have a brush set so get out the powder brush

Swirl that brush into the compact and then swirl the powder under the eye and the HD all over. 

Get out your under lid colors (liners) and do it up 

Get your Nars powder blush (it has a golden shimmer - AMAZING) and never go to the apple of your cheeks! follow your cheek bone and brush UP.  Stop before you get to the apple of your cheeks. (just dust a lil' there)

Put on lip stick or gloss and you're good to go!

@2earls I am going to the mall tomorrow and I appreciate your input. I'm definately interested in the 40,000 lashes. Mine are very thin and I wouldn't know how to apply fake lashes if I tried a hundred times! I'm makeup illiterate! My husband has said the last time I got a makeover that I look so beautiful but when I try to do it at home it's not the same! I fail miserably at putting makeup on. I guess I just need more practice, a lot more practice! I also like the idea of the Rimmel mascara that dies your lashes! I'll probably get all three including @saintaliens it's not working, but the as good as sex by two faced as well as the face primer. When I was using I didn't care what I looked like now that I'm clean, I want to look as good as I feel!  Can't wait to go! I was talking to my sister who wears little makeup also, and she also said orgasm blush by Nars is her fave also. Although she's clueless on anything else. I will post an update after I get my makeover! Wish I could show you ladies before and after photos without having to put them on the board! Wish we could send photos in pm. Im really excited and looking forward to it. Thank you ladies for all your help @SaintAlien you too!

Some interesting product names!!!!!  I am sure all of ya'll look great with or without make up :)  

@SaintAlien you have a makeup artist! Must be nice! I surely could use one! You are one lucky lady! I really appreciate your help, by your response you really should be crowned the Queen of Cosmetics!

@SaintAlien you are the Saint of makeup, I think for me it will be practice, practice, practice....I did go to Sephora and get a makeover and got many of the products you suggested and I looked great when I left. My soon to be ex said I looked great then the following day after watching the girls every move my husband said it just doesn't look as good as when she did it! But I just wanted to thank you for all of your help. I brought my iPad and had a screen shot of the brands you suggested and the lady at Sephora said that you have very good taste! 

Girl I will totally hook you up with the names of the products and shades if you let me know budget and your shade - because they'll sell you shit you can order on amazon way cheaper

and for anyone on a budget for drugstore supplies:

I have a list of various items that are amazing *including NYX (I use a ton of), wet n' wild and Milan

Reviving this topic a bit; I'm ready to re-up on retin-a (I think I've got some wrinkles threatening to appear!!) and antibiotics for stock, and wondering if everyone is comfortable with the  payment method of AllDayChemist? 

I know @Safari and @2earls and @Dory have mentioned using this company, so I feel good about buying, just a little anxious to process payment. 

If it's not a good idea to talk payment specifics in public, I can PM folks. Just wondering if everyone does the e-check.

@ajmorgan99 I don't mind using that method as long as it is a company that has been around for awhile and has a good reputation. Have never had a problem with it.

Reviving this topic a bit; I'm ready to re-up on retin-a (I think I've got some wrinkles threatening to appear!!) and antibiotics for stock, and wondering if everyone is comfortable with the  payment method of AllDayChemist?
@ajmorgan99 -- Hi there! I've never ordered from AllDayChemist so I don't know anything about them. I have purchased Retin-A from InhousePharmacy. They have good prices and carry lots of products. Besides Retin-A, I've ordered antibiotics from them and just bought migraine medicine from them a few months ago. They offer Free Shipping to the USA and multiple payment options. I've ordered from them for years.

If you check out their website search for the word Tretinoin which is the generic name for Retin-A. I don't know if AllDayChemist has better prices but at least you have a second option to find your meds. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Have a great evening!  ☺

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back