Best Concert You've Ever Been To?

Okay so I'll date myself.

Zep the garden 1973 page was on fire that night

Floyd the Wall 1980

SRV Live Alive 1985...i think maybe 86. I remember he did Mary had a Little Lamb that was amazing

And believe it or not in the late 90s i went to a little club in Birmingham AL, sat down and watched this kid who couldn't have been 19 play an acoustic version of Wind Cries Mary and Lenny..This was a very young John Mayer, who to this day I will see whenever I can. On guitar the closest thing there is to SRV...Jimi.

Nothing wrong with dating yourself @runnerlk you were/are the right age to have seen some amazing shows!

Saw Lynryd Skynyrd last weekend, 20 years since the last time. I'll admit that it may have been a little cheesy, but it was also pretty awesome. I haven't been to a concert that transported me back to feeling like a kid like this one did. Probably the way people used to yell "Freebird" no matter what concert you were at because it was the last song over the speakers before the show started.

I'm lucky my husband likes my "old timer" music.

@2earls I like old timer music as well!  Your hubby sounds like a cool guy.   Its always good/funny when you go see a band that is past their prime and get transported back to your youth!!  I saw Van Halen a few years ago during their reunion tour and it was amazing and a little cheesy at the same time.  David Lee Roth could barely jump and could hardly scream like he used to but I loved it.   Eddie V. Halen totally jammed but it was just kind of hokey.   I was pleasantly surprised by the opening act Earth, Wind and Fire....they tore the place up and I loved it......

I just like the fact that you can close your eyes and remember where you were when you first heard the songs.....

BTW...I really like Skynyrd.  I love Simple Man, Saturday Night Special and of course Freebird.  I never get tired of hearing that song...Just like Stairway to Heaven.  I always hear something new when I listen to those songs.

@runnerlk Not fair!!!!   I was 2 in 73!    I saw Floyd at Death Valley in Clemson, Sc (minus Waters) and it was amazing.  I did see Waters do the Wall in Atlanta a few years ago and I was blown away.   He performed beautifully and the guitar player they used for Gilmour did a great job.    I am jealous of your concert resume!!

Pink Floyd is the one "rock giant" that I never got to see :( I'm jealous!

My husband is of a different generation and I have been on a mission to take him to see all the favorites of my youth before they stop touring or die.

I think I shy away from saying what my favorite concerts were because it will certainly date me and you know how us ladies are about giving away our age lol.

I will tell you my age by my favorite concerts. Nirvana no 1. I've enjoyed all lalappaloozas I've gone too. Janes Addiction 2. STP 3. Oh and Dinosaur Jr one of my fave bands of all time. I swear J Mascis is a god to me. Love The Flaming Lips. Loved Primus, Pearl Jam and Sound Garden. And I have a secret confession I still go see Third Eye Blind whenever they come to town. I guess it's because I'm from the Bay Area where they are from! Got to see Pink Floyd when I was in college but was pissed off because the girl I went with bitched at me the whole time for taking acid! Wish I was old enough to have seen Led Zepplin. So jealous of you @runnerlk! The list can go on I'm sure I left some out. But music has been such a huge part of my life, i love how a song can actually change how I'm feeling that music is so beautiful. I'm in my 40's but still go to shows anytime I can. But now I go with my son since my husband is so much older than I am he's in his 60's so he gets tired during the opening acts! Just saw 21 Pilots  with my son I think I was the oldest person there! I'm sure I'll come back to this thread because I have left out some gems!

Not much of a concert goer because large crowds give me massive anxiety, but several years ago I saw Mindless Self Indulgence and they were pretty amazing live. 

Without a doubt it has to be Roger Waters 2010 version of the wall but a close second was the Floyd in Paris, Bercy. The Roger Waters one was one that had me in tears and also in awe. The Floyd was in such an awesome place that they set the synths to sound like you were in a thunderstorm before they started. We were all stoned and it was a 5 days experience. I've been lucky to see Santana, Clapton and also been to the blues fest in Chicago. Used to go to Pilton ( Glastonbury although Glastonbury in a few miles away) Pilton was fabulous until they changed it Into the largely white and upper middle class gig it is. Helipads and hospitality tents. It would take a couple of day to walk the perimeter and I wouldn't go if they paid me

i recently saw Jeff Beck In Bristol. Awesome gig but not a great place to play. He is a god amongst axe men 

I will tell you my age by my favorite concerts. Nirvana no 1. I've enjoyed all lalappaloozas I've gone too. Janes Addiction 2. STP 3. Oh and Dinosaur Jr one of my fave bands of all time. I swear J Mascis is a god to me. Love The Flaming Lips. Loved Primus, Pearl Jam and Sound Garden. And I have a secret confession I still go see Third Eye Blind whenever they come to town. I guess it's because I'm from the Bay Area where they are from! Got to see Pink Floyd when I was in college but was pissed off because the girl I went with bitched at me the whole time for taking acid! Wish I was old enough to have seen Led Zepplin. So jealous of you @runnerlk! The list can go on I'm sure I left some out. But music has been such a huge part of my life, i love how a song can actually change how I'm feeling that music is so beautiful. I'm in my 40's but still go to shows anytime I can. But now I go with my son since my husband is so much older than I am he's in his 60's so he gets tired during the opening acts! Just saw 21 Pilots  with my son I think I was the oldest person there! I'm sure I'll come back to this thread because I have left out some gems!
When I first heard Nevermind, I was flying to Chicago and had it on loop. It was such an amazing album and truly a game changer. I was booked to see them live but the poor boy ended his life. That Seattle sound certainly left its mark. I saw the guy who was the baby on the album cover, that really made me feel ancient 

Last edited by a moderator:
@2earls. Roger Waters is rumoured to be bringing out a new album this year and possibly touring it plus Dave Gilmour always pops up. I would highly recommend seeing both or either though I feel it Waters who bring the old pink Floyd sound better. Gilmour now has his wife write lyrics and a lot of his stuff can be a bit, well, dreary for me. Waters seems happy to do Floyd stuff whereas Gilmour is not. I now understand why Waters wanted to leave it. For me his lyrics were the backbone of the Floyd and his was the voice of the disaffected and downtrodden. 

Go see them when they come nearby. 

Saw Jethro Tull when i was 17 back in -94. First time i showed up the show was cancelled because apparently Ian Anderson had some kinda problem with his throat. They had rescheduled the concert for the next weekend tho, so i bought a bunch of Elfquest graphic novels and headed to my great aunts house (well, mansion really :) ) with a friend, where she had left me a bottle of sweet cherry before going on a cruise. I had the best time reading Elfquest while drinking (or i should say quaffing sherry) and getting drunk for the first time in my life. The hangover was the worst i've ever had tho. Shaking and puking for the next three days, still can't drink sherry to this day. When the concert finally happened it was amazing. Ian anderson still had the same intense energy at 47 that he had on the video clips from the seventies that i had seen.

Blur supported by The Super Furry Animals. I was 17. A lot of incessant bouncing! I miss those days, everything seemed less messed up.

Dave Matthews Band, last year.  Their 25 anniversary tour, played some old rare songs, and they are just one of the best live shows anytime they play.

Only been to one real concert and it was when I was 16. Went with my girlfriend and her parents to go see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts lol. Wasn’t my era of music but had a blast and it’s definitely something to remember!

Our local Symphony Orchestra did Led Zeppelin’s music complete with an electric violin and a singer who rocked the house. Second was Foreigner’s 40th anniversary concert. Amazing. 

Hard to say, saw New Order at Reading 93 along with Nirvana, who weren't that special, of course within about 8 months he was dead, so I wish I'd paid more attention.

Saw A-ha in 91 with their East Of The Sun, that was good.  By then their chart fame had waned, but they still playing a superb gig.

Queen in 86 was good, as was Bowie in 87, even though he didn't know where he was.  Good evening Newcastle, er David, you're in Sunderland mate.  Supported by Big Country so that was also good.

Oasis at Loch Lomand in 96 (?)

Groups I'd wish I'd seen in the day?  Beatles, Stones, Doors, Who, Small Faces, Yardbirds, Floyd with Syd etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great idea for a thread!  

Here goes.... Huey Lewis and the News!  It was weird cuz I just wasn't a fan, hardly knew his stuff but I remembered my dad talking bout this band room back in his day.  So my gf and I went for something to do and daaaayum we got our money's worth. Highly energetic and just 100% fun!

There.... I feel better already having admitted it!  Lol j/k hehe....

Hacienda 1988 a guy called gerald. First time outing of voodoo Ray. Still brings tears to my eyes thinking of that. Sublime.. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back