Donation questions

I have made my Electrum account and Coinbase account. I am in the UK and looking to become an opal sponsor so I paid £15 into my Coinbase account then sent it to my Electrum wallet. This is where I am now confused as it is showing up in my Electrum account as having a balance of 2.3674. 2.3574 WHAT? 

What the hell do I do now in order to get my sponsorship? Man, there's got to be an easier way. All I am needing is the UK email vendor's deets.
You can have the value shown in dollars on the send page, just click on the btc /mbtc key. If you are on Android, you cab download your wallet to your phone also. It's much more user friendly in my opinion.

@PTFC any luck??  Lmk if you need any help as I just came back here after a long hiatus. 

It is confusing that there is a conversion rate on the bitcoins!

Making it more confusing.. you can’t just send it directly to a person or email address after you get past the bitcoin purchase! It’s some long random letter & number combo. 

I have made my Electrum account and Coinbase account. I am in the UK and looking to become an opal sponsor so I paid £15 into my Coinbase account then sent it to my Electrum wallet. This is where I am now confused as it is showing up in my Electrum account as having a balance of 2.3674. 2.3574 WHAT? 

What the hell do I do now in order to get my sponsorship? Man, there's got to be an easier way. All I am needing is the UK email vendor's deets.

Ok, let's try this with some pictures to see if it can help people out!

For this example i will be buying from LocalBitCoins and then transferring into my Electrum Wallet

1 - When you download your wallet from Electrum you might want to make some changes.

316onmg.jpg

2 - Go to Tools(1) / Preferences(2)

4illk2.jpg

3 - Set your currency by going to Fiat(1) / Pick your Currency(2) / Save/Close(3)

Now, that should be your wallet sorted.

Now i am going to LocalBitCoins to buy funds and send them to my wallet

5l5ima.jpg

Set up your account on LBC then

1 - Pick your Amount 

2 - Pick your Currency

3 - Enter your country

4 - Select your offers (Bank Transfer, Cash in Bank, Wire Transfer, Etc.)

5 - Search for sellers

6 - When you find one Click on Buy (6)

You will then be brought to the following page - 

2s6qb1j.jpg

Enter the Amount in USD (Or ANY Currency) and as you can see above it fills in the BTC amount.

Now click on Send Trade Request(7) Then go through the payment method you have chosen and the funds that

you have just purchased will be in your LBC Wallet once the purchase has completed.

Now we must go back to your Electrum Wallet to get an address to send the funds to yourself from LBC.

im8pzs.jpg

Go to the Addresses Tab of your wallet and pick ANY address and copy it.

(DON'T TRY COPY THE ONE ABOVE! THAT'S MY PARTIAL ADDRESS)  

This is the address of your wallet that you will be sending funds to from your LocalBitCoins account.

Now time to go back to LBC to send the funds to your Electrum address that you just copied above.

2s7c2ux.jpg

Go to your LBC wallet (1) then paste your Electrum wallet address like above (2) then enter the amount (3)

Finally Click Continue and your funds will soon be in your Electrum wallet and ready to send...

To DONATE to the forum, you Must send your funds to this address -  3ES1EQU1x1uqbYpGFkiHtBCHuHmyDjrouh 

I hope this helps with the hardship people are going through trying to sort out there BitCoin.

Regards,  T.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have written this in so many pms that I might as well post it here. Please keep in mind this is how I did it and by no means the only way. It's just meant to simplify what can be confusing or overwhelming to new members. 

First download a personal wallet from Electrum. Then make an account with coinbase and purchase your bitcoins.

Transfer your bitcoins to your electrum wallet and then send them on to DBG or the vendor. Do not send directly from the coinbase wallet as members have had their accounts closed for doing so. 

It's easy to find bitcoin converters on the Internet. It really is not terribly difficult and if I can do it so can you.

We very much appreciate the support!
Hi. I want to dontate but when I try to rund my intall wisard no wallet generation seed is blank? Is it to much to ask if u could send me step by step how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this was posted already however what kind of wallet do you need to select? Standard, two factor authentication or Multi signature?

It was actually very easy after I found the bitcon adress to DBG. I just used paxful and bough a fraction of bitcoin and after that it was very simple to donate to DBG. Now I know how to do it and will donate more in the future but have to begin somewhere :-). If someone is  having problems donating hock me up on pm 🙂

Are they anymore options to donate to forum, other than bitcoin?
Unfortunately not @Ethan, but there is plenty of good advice in this thread and others. It really is worthwhile getting to grips with it, it seems really difficult, but once you do it once, you won't forget.

Hello !

I've donated yesterday and I wrote my username in the "description" field while sending the bitcoins. Is it the right way to do it ? 

Thank you very much. :)

Thanks for the add and I'm pleased to have found you all.

Donation sent to 3ES1EQU1x1uqbYpGFkiHtBCHuHmyDjrouh from Blockchain

I have been working on this for over a week, but still have some questions.  Yikes, I feel like an idiot!  I downloaded Electrum and then purchased Bitcoins and finally today I was able to send over a donation but it did come up and say pending.  So I don't know what that's all about.  Does it take awhile to get to you?  Oh, how I wish members hadn't done charge backs with PayPal!!

Thanks for accepting my registration. No doubt I understand the importance of donating, which I will do very shortly, I just found this site yesterday and the donations seem a small price to pay for such an invaluable community. I'm not much of s computer person aside from researching, but I'll figure out how to donate by tomorrow. There's plenty of info on here showing how to do so, and if I have any problem I'll just ask! Thanks again!

Welcome Sensitive Gal!   I've been a member here for years and you hit the nail on the head with regards to the donations being a small price to pay for an invaluable community.  The members and the information here are fantastic! 

It took me a while to get a donation sent using Bitcoins but not because it was difficult it was more that they didn't recognize my debit card so I had to go directly through my bank and then they questioned the transaction.  When it finally was available to send I didn't have enough Bitcoins to send the amount that I wanted to send and I ended up only being able to send half of what I wanted to donate.  So, I'm going to attempt to send over the other half today or tomorrow.

Thanks for accepting my registration. No doubt I understand the importance of donating, which I will do very shortly, I just found this site yesterday and the donations seem a small price to pay for such an invaluable community. I'm not much of s computer person aside from researching, but I'll figure out how to donate by tomorrow. There's plenty of info on here showing how to do so, and if I have any problem I'll just ask! Thanks again!

Welcome Sensitive Gal!   I've been a member here for years and you hit the nail on the head with regards to the donations being a small price to pay for an invaluable community.  The members and the information here are fantastic! 

It took me a while to get a donation sent using Bitcoins but not because it was difficult it was more that they didn't recognize my debit card so I had to go directly through my bank and then they questioned the transaction.  When it finally was available to send I didn't have enough Bitcoins to send the amount that I wanted to send and I ended up only being able to send half of what I wanted to donate.  So, I'm going to attempt to send over the other half today or tomorrow.
Either one of you look at using a bitcoin atm? No bank accounts or anything. Just send the BC's from the ATM to your wallet..then to here.

Sen Gal, ALWAYS add at least 25% BC than you think you'll need because of the fluctuations.

Good luck to all!

just sent a donation a lil bit ago and a message over to admin and mods, cant wait to be back to sponsor status again!!!!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon:
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  4. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  6. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  7. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  9. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  10. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  11. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  12. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  13. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  14. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  15. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  16. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  18. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  19. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  20. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
Back