Donation questions

$cash app? 

I'm trying desperately to learn how to do crypto (I've been resisting but have decided I can't avoid any longer) and my poor brain just can't seem to wrap itself around all of the info. I'm afraid I'm going to do it wrong and lose money or spend way too much etc. I'm seeing recommendations for buying btc via the cash app, which I already have set up. Looks like it is a wallet too. Do I need another wallet? If I buy through the cash app, can I send it directly to you guys or is there something else I'll need to do.  I have donated in the past but it was a long time ago and of course not btc.  

Thanks☺️ 

HI, I donated a little over a week ago and am wondering about getting it reflected on my profile.  

$cash app? 

I'm trying desperately to learn how to do crypto (I've been resisting but have decided I can't avoid any longer) and my poor brain just can't seem to wrap itself around all of the info. I'm afraid I'm going to do it wrong and lose money or spend way too much etc. I'm seeing recommendations for buying btc via the cash app, which I already have set up. Looks like it is a wallet too. Do I need another wallet? If I buy through the cash app, can I send it directly to you guys or is there something else I'll need to do.  I have donated in the past but it was a long time ago and of course not btc.  

Thanks☺️ 
It’s always advised to have an outside wallet. To be honest, I don’t know if c@sh @pp will close accounts for sending bit to certain places, but I can tell you from personal experience that Coinbase will close your account if you send from their wallet to this forum.

So, the answer is no, you don’t have to send from an external wallet, but it’s better to not send directly for security.

Also if you have an external wallet you can buy bitcoin from other platforms than C@sh app and send it to that wallet. Some people use Bit ATMs, for example. 

It’s one more step in the process, but when you learn the process it becomes really easy, and you may need bitcoin for more than just the forum donation.

It’s always advised to have an outside wallet. To be honest, I don’t know if c@sh @pp will close accounts for sending bit to certain places, but I can tell you from personal experience that Coinbase will close your account if you send from their wallet to this forum.

So, the answer is no, you don’t have to send from an external wallet, but it’s better to not send directly for security.

Also if you have an external wallet you can buy bitcoin from other platforms than C@sh app and send it to that wallet. Some people use Bit ATMs, for example. 

It’s one more step in the process, but when you learn the process it becomes really easy, and you may need bitcoin for more than just the forum donation.
Thank you Gracie, yes I definitely am going to need to learn to use btc for pmts. So I will get a separate wallet.  Can I ask you another question since you seem to know how it works... The value of btc fluctuates constantly right? So you buy a certain amount based on the current exchange rate and put it in your wallet. Can what you put in your wallet go down in value? Is it possible that the value go down from the time you start to buy the btc to the time you get to send it to your destination? And then would you just have to go buy more? It seems like it adds a lot of cost onto everything but I may not be understanding it. 

Yes, @Isaislosingit, the value fluctuates in the wallet also. Yes, it can both rise and fall during the seconds it takes to transfer. 

Also there is a time period where you have to wait for verification before you can send or sell your bitcoin. Coinb@se had a 5-day period, and by the time I had access to my coin, I lost a third. 

So my advice would be to start small for verification. If you have, for example, just enough to donate here, your loss (or gain) will be minimal.

Then when you need a larger amount, purchase the bit just before you send to lessen the chance it will change very much in value.

Realize it’s taken me a long time to get to the point where I can explain any of this. I’m not a major user. 

The mining fees for sending to a wallet are fairly low with c@ash app. Keep your purchases small and those fees will be small also. Read the “How To” sections and watch videos posted. You can use the search function at the top of the page to search for anything in the forum.

Yes, every type of payment incurs costs- using a credit card to buy bit instead of debit is very expensive, and wire transfer services have fees, too. 

Good luck with everything! 

Yes, @Isaislosingit, the value fluctuates in the wallet also. Yes, it can both rise and fall during the seconds it takes to transfer. 

Also there is a time period where you have to wait for verification before you can send or sell your bitcoin. Coinb@se had a 5-day period, and by the time I had access to my coin, I lost a third. 

So my advice would be to start small for verification. If you have, for example, just enough to donate here, your loss (or gain) will be minimal.

Then when you need a larger amount, purchase the bit just before you send to lessen the chance it will change very much in value.

Realize it’s taken me a long time to get to the point where I can explain any of this. I’m not a major user. 

The mining fees for sending to a wallet are fairly low with c@ash app. Keep your purchases small and those fees will be small also. Read the “How To” sections and watch videos posted. You can use the search function at the top of the page to search for anything in the forum.

Yes, every type of payment incurs costs- using a credit card to buy bit instead of debit is very expensive, and wire transfer services have fees, too. 

Good luck with everything! 
This is very helpful, thank you so much! 

Do I simply post in this thread once I Donate and how do I find the Bitcoin Address to Send my Bitcoin Donation to as I don't want to Send it to accidentally to a wrong Bitcoin Address. 

Do I simply post in this thread once I Donate and how do I find the Bitcoin Address to Send my Bitcoin Donation to as I don't want to Send it to accidentally to a wrong Bitcoin Address. 
Hey, I'm new too. I just donated.

It's a little clumsy, but if you back out and look for the "How to donate to the forum" topic (the topic under this one) the public btc address is in the first sticky post.

Then if you scroll down to bottom of any screen (I think) you'll see "contact us".

I wrote the exact amount of btc, the value at time (per coinbase ), username and email. 

I'm thinking that should work....?

Yes from what I read you just need to make sure to put your Username in the "Notes" part when sending your Bitcoin it speeds things up so they know it was you. Since I am new to Bitcoin I only know how to Buy it with a Credit Card and I use Coinmama which only allows 60USD minimum and I don't like extra Bitcoins sitting in my wallet for obvious reason.

I am trying to find something to Buy with Bitcoin then I plan to just get extra 15USD maybe 30USD but I'm not sure yet how much I can spare I wish I had Bitcoin in my Wallet when it sky rocketed from 4k to 8K lol would be donating 100$ easily. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the "notes" part on your wallet is just local (does not send with coin, it's for your own records)

You might need to go to "contact us" at bottom of page (for android phone at least) 

You need a new wallet that doesn't have a limit. 

I am about to purchase Bitcoin and I am wondering if I Donate 15USD and then say a month later another 15USD will I have the 30USD Donation Status because I read that it does stack up together but then I read somewhere else on this or another Forum that a second donation won't change your Donation status. I am just double checking before I make my Donation since I can easily make the 15USD right away but 30USD at one time unless I can get profit from Bitcoin price going up but knowing my luck it's going to go down in price and I will have my Bitcoin 15usd turn into a 10USD currency lol.

I am on Disability so I just received my Cheque for the Month an I won't receive another Disability cheque until the 1st of next month hence I am asking this question.

@porkandbeansboy I think only Admin or Moderator can answer this question. They might respond, or you can use Contact Us at the bottom of the page to directly ask.

Not sure, just my $.02USD worth

Last edited by a moderator:
I donated earlier today, left a note using the Contact Us link with amount and address I used to send.  I just wanted to make a note of it here as well just in case something went wrong.  Thanks!

I I donated and send an email through clicking the link on admin profile page

I would like to share that bitquick.co is a great way to quickly buy btc

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back