Due To A Legal Issue The Domain Name pharmacyreviewer Has Been Suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i too thought that i'd be able to find out what happened to pr.  couldn't they have sent out an email with some sort of an explanation?  many of us put a lot of time into that site. . .but this seems like a great place to land.

A site name getting "suspended" can happen for multiple reasons, some just because they did not verify contact info back to their DNS services, but with AMC and some other sites also being suspended in a short time frame I just would be cautious.
It does happen often enough and I would say that it's seldom an accident or misunderstanding.  Case in point, earlier this summer my ddns provider had the better portion of their domains poached by Microsoft.  All it took was an unsubstantiated accusation.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-abandons-no-ip-malware-case-7000031423/

Microsoft's statement after being exposed was "Microsoft regrets any inconvenience these [No-IP] customers may have experienced."

If the PR team hopes to get their domain back they will definitely need some good attorneys.

The latest tweet from PR:

Pharmacy Reviewer @pharmreviewer  Â·  Lawyers are involved with the name confiscation by the registrar co. We're optimistic that all will be resolved soon.

— Pharmacy Reviewer (@pharmreviewer) August 21, 2014
"> 12h

Lawyers are involved with the http://pharmacyreviewer.com  name confiscation by the registrar co. We're optimistic that all will be resolved soon.

And im optimistic im going to win the lottery... Lawyers don't spell WIN... they spell alot of money being tossed around some more.. and for what interest ? 

Makes ya wonder why PR was so big in the first place... 

Morning Folks, 

Over the years, I learned it's best to be on 2 forums if possible.  Gives one a back up forum.  Also a second perspective on all sorts of things.  

PR was down once before, a couple of years ago, for 9 days.  I think it's possible that they will change their domain name service to one outside of the US and be back.  Could take months though.  

Maybe they will take down some of those ads they just implemented.  Did those ads link to pharmacies?  I don't know.  

Pharmacy vs. a pharmacy review site -- sort of a grey area to some I guess.  Specially if there are links to the pharmacies. I noticed one of the rules at many review sites is no links to vendors.  Wonder if LE is why. 

Also I remember discussing how some sites allow US to US vendors, such as PR and other sites did not.  Wonder if that came into play at all either. 

Last edited:
As a homeless PR member, I too am VERY grateful that drug buyers guide is so welcoming and quick to approve. I look forward to participating in a constructive way. That was the only forum I belonged to, was (naive perhaps) blown away when it wasn't there. In light of the current crackdown climate I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I forgot to add that the Pharmacy Reviewer twitter page is now gone as well....they were posting updates as late as yesterday evening and seemed confident. It seems anything with PR in it is having to go.

Isis667 said:
I forgot to add that the Pharmacy Reviewer twitter page is now gone as well....they were posting updates as late as yesterday evening and seemed confident. It seems anything with PR in it is having to go.
Errm no? there twitter page is very much still there with there last post 21 hours ago...

Errm no? there twitter page is very much still there with there last post 21 hours ago...
Good Morning BigBuffyBear & thank you for the information. I don't know anything about twitter so I really appreciate you keeping me up to date on what's happening.

And im optimistic im going to win the lottery... Lawyers don't spell WIN... they spell alot of money being tossed around some more.. and for what interest ? 

Makes ya wonder why PR was so big in the first place... 
PR had a TON of information in all of their forums and subforums. I am a member of more than one web site, and they each have their own personality and feel and type of info. But they were so big because, well, because they were so big, i.e. the sheer amount of information (and a ton of it was not directly related to "ordering" but rather migraine treatment, etc.)

More good forums = good for all of us.

Weirdly, that happened to me also yesterday, it said "page no longer exists," but when I tried again it came back. I attributed it to a typo on my part. Try again, it appears for me.

This is slightly scary, wonder if a request for data is the next step, or a voluntary turn over of user data is next. Let's hope not

Just stopping in to say hi and of course, looking for updates. I can still see the twitter page and hopefully they'll have some good news to post soon. 

Nice to see some famiar "faces" here and I too am glad we've been welcomed. 

You'd think I would have learned the first time around when the old DB forum went down and I had to scramble to find a new place to keep up to date on things. That's when I found PR. I didn't see the need to find any other places like this forum because everything was going along so well with PR. Anyway, lesson learned! I'm glad to have found DBG and will definitely be looking for a back up forum for this place as well. I guess you can never have too much info at your finger tips right? I very much appreciate these forums and the help they provide. Looking forward to getting to know this DBG community. 

Morning Folks, 

Over the years, I learned it's best to be on 2 forums if possible.  Gives one a back up forum.  Also a second perspective on all sorts of things.  

PR was down once before, a couple of years ago, for 9 days.  I think it's possible that they will change their domain name service to one outside of the US and be back.  Could take months though.  

Maybe they will take down some of those ads they just implemented.  Did those ads link to pharmacies?  I don't know.  

Pharmacy vs. a pharmacy review site -- sort of a grey area to some I guess.  Specially if there are links to the pharmacies. I noticed one of the rules at many review sites is no links to vendors.  Wonder if LE is why. 

Also I remember discussing how some sites allow US to US vendors, such as PR and other sites did not.  Wonder if that came into play at all either.
I hope you will stay and comment here. I have found you to be very informative and compassionate

Candygram said:
Hellooooooo Mira!!!  Good to "see" you.  

Candy
You too, Candy!

I'm so used to liking a post to acknowledge that I've read it and I dont think that works here! I will need to get into the habit of actually posting responses! The good thing about that is I'll get rid of that newbie tag sooner! 

But to stay on topic, has anyone been in contact with any of the mods or admin at PR or is the only information we have from the twitter posts? If its just an issue of the embedded links cant they just remove them and call it a day? Or is it the actual domain name that was the problem? Changing that would be more difficult I think but still could be done. Couldnt they run a script on the database to change every instance of PR to something else? I mean, I gues someone has to write the script but I would think something like that is do-able. 

Then again, there may be more to this that I just dont know. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back