Kava Kava

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeroZia
  • Start date Start date
Z

ZeroZia

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet by someone. It's a relatively good sedative and is available at any Whole Foods or health store. It has a mild dumbing down effect, but it's not totally unpleasant. I'd suggest getting a tincture and using about two droppers full maybe one and a half droppers full.

Thought I'd throw that into the forum for those with trouble sleeping.

Hey ZeroZia,

Thanks for your comments. I would personally love an over the counter and all natural sleep / relaxation aid.

May I ask what dose works best for you and have you tried the caps and teas? I have tried it quite a few times to relax and I do not get anything (or not much) out of it. I have bought the Kava tea and used 4 bags to make a strong somewhat nasty tasting brew. I think tea in general relaxes me but it might as well be a camomile for the effect I get. I have also tried the 500mg (0.5 gram) caps and started with one working my way up. The last time I tried them was a few days ago and I took 6 and again no real relaxation or sleepiness.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet by someone. It's a relatively good sedative and is available at any Whole Foods or health store. It has a mild dumbing down effect, but it's not totally unpleasant. I'd suggest getting a tincture and using about two droppers full maybe one and a half droppers full.

Thought I'd throw that into the forum for those with trouble sleeping.

Almost a decade ago, I was in the South Pacific and drank tons of Kava with native islanders in their village, as well as with fellow tourists (and locals) at the resort.  I actually really enjoyed the taste.  Effects were calming, but also very subtle.  Numbed the mouth a bit.  Noticeable relaxation, and I had some wild and vivid dreams after drinking it.

Disclaimer:  I also drank tons of beer the whole trip, so I never got a good feel for just the Kava on its own.

I would love to buy some Kava root powder and some cheesecloth, to prepare and drink Kava like I did down there.  I have a small Kava mixing bowl, as well as 4 serving bowls, that I got during that trip to the South Pacific.  Have used them twice since then here in the states, would love to drink some Kava again.  Thanks for reminding me ZeroZia.

Reactions: _X_
Almost a decade ago, I was in the South Pacific and drank tons of Kava with native islanders in their village, as well as with fellow tourists (and locals) at the resort.  I actually really enjoyed the taste.  Effects were calming, but also very subtle.  Numbed the mouth a bit.  Noticeable relaxation, and I had some wild and vivid dreams after drinking it.

Disclaimer:  I also drank tons of beer the whole trip, so I never got a good feel for just the Kava on its own.

I would love to buy some Kava root powder and some cheesecloth, to prepare and drink Kava like I did down there.  I have a small Kava mixing bowl, as well as 4 serving bowls, that I got during that trip to the South Pacific.  Have used them twice since then here in the states, would love to drink some Kava again.  Thanks for reminding me ZeroZia.
I can say that I have had various occasions to prepare and drink Kava and in fact preparing as Heisenberg mentions is likely your best chance at it's value. (via root or root powder and pounding bowl)

Drinking Kava is also a bit about the 'mood'; as it is often prepared and ingested in a group, often outdoors around a fire or similar type gathering. (don't laugh)

I imagine that the 'mood' contributes to the root's effects.  Add 'herb' and you are gtg...

If possible I would attempt to get as close to the actual root, vice the capsules or teas...more processing, less true root.

Yes to numb mouth.  Different for everyone.

Hey ZeroZia,

Thanks for your comments. I would personally love an over the counter and all natural sleep / relaxation aid.

May I ask what dose works best for you and have you tried the caps and teas? I have tried it quite a few times to relax and I do not get anything (or not much) out of it. I have bought the Kava tea and used 4 bags to make a strong somewhat nasty tasting brew. I think tea in general relaxes me but it might as well be a camomile for the effect I get. I have also tried the 500mg (0.5 gram) caps and started with one working my way up. The last time I tried them was a few days ago and I took 6 and again no real relaxation or sleepiness.
I use, "Extra Strength Kava Kava Root" tincture. It has 25.0 mg of kavalactones per every ten drops. For an effect I would take 40 or so drops in a glass with a touch of grape juice and hold it in my mouth for a minute. The tincture is 65-75% alcohol so there's a definite burn. It comes in a one oz. fluid bottle. Bought it at Whole Foods. It will numb your mouth, that's when you know to swallow.

Gaia Herbs makes the tincture I use. Start slow and work up maybe try 20 drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey ZeroZia,

Thanks for the tips. I may have just gotten crappy caps...

The next time I am at Whole Paycheck I will pick up the tinacture.

Peace...

I'm fortunate enough to live in a city with a kava bar that ships fresh root weekly from the south pacific. Its defibitely subtle in any dose but I find its effects more pronounced and euphoric than benzos personally. Its nothing super special, but worth a try if you ever come across it. I would avoid the dried supplements I've never gotten the same effect as from fresh root powder.

I think they actually have a website you can order some of there products from, pm if anyone's interested I don't want to throw my location out in the open.

When I was in high school a friend of mine was obsessed with kava! He got the Grade A ground root from a Hawaiian source. you basically would put it in a cheesecloth and wring it in some cold water. I like the taste, very pepper-y and deffinitely numbing effect. I would say try the actual root, maybe pre-brew it and put in empty water bottles or something? Its subtle but very nice and soothing. Obviously You wont get "fucked up" andI suspect that if you use alot of any kind of "downer" type med (benzos, opiates, muscle relaxersect..) you wont get much off it but its worth a go forsure /default_biggrin.png

I got some powder thru the mail from Hawaii once.  Worked for me -- knocked me on my butt.  In fact, I don't know how people can party with it -- unless its a pajama party.

I've also gotten good results with valerian.  Dropping an ounce or so into a fifth of vodka, letting it sit for a week, straining, and taking 2 shots of the stuff does the trick.

what is the desirable effect that Kava Kava is supposed to provide?

-kan

The tincture is definitely my go-to of choice.  A nice 'warm bath' feeling without any real negative after effect.  How much you'll need really can be different from brand to brand, so I'd test it before deciding what's right for you.

A lot of areas also have kava bars where you can drink the root blended into a muddy goop.  It's a wonderful buzz... but a lot of bitter mud to drink to get there.  Personally, I'd rather do a shot of the extract and call it a day.

A few European countries ban it due to it's close association with liver damage.  But there's a good chance that has more to do with the people who use it (ie anxious folk)'s tendency to also drink a little heavier.  That being said, if you have a liver condition, maybe look at something else to relax at the end of the day.

I'm kind of surprised kava is not talked about more here. Any current experience to post? Good or bad?

I've tried my best to LOVE kava like most people do and I don't know if I'm getting the wrong kind/not using enough etc. I've read where there is a reverse tolerance with kava and really, it should take less and less to be effective as opposed to more.

I just finished a pound of kava, using wash and toss method at about 5 tbls per session/day. I felt relaxed some but not the kava love I hear so much about. And very short lived.

I have some extract tincture now that I'm going to try.

I'm working so hard at wanting to love this! Any ideas or suggestions???

I've never tried kava. So it's supposed to relax you? Kinda like a benzo? I'm interested. Where do you order it from Roger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh gosh you can order it anywhere from Amazon to Meridian Botanticals. Those who love kava REALLY love it! Say it has all of the positives of alcohol and none of the negatives. It is a relaxant.

Is it kinda like kratom where some vendors are better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back