Kava Kava

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeroZia
  • Start date Start date
Meeps, need your help guys! I'm really looking to try some of this very soon, I'm hoping it can fix a lot of the issues I have...phenibut helps so much, but I have to keep my dose to once a week...but there's two things that worry me...

First really worries me: interactions. I take carbamazepine 600mg a day, and I've read that it 'interferes' with the same enzyme (CYP450 - I think), and I can't work out whether it will increase or reduce the amount of carbamazepine in my bloodstream. It worries me, but something tells me all this might be overblown? Also, I do take D H C and kratom on a daily basis, phenibut once a week, benzs once a week...and I do take the occasional 'upper' (nothing too serious) I don't want any potential interactions to really screw me over... -_-

Secondly, the preparation. I usually like to put everything into capsules and take it that way. I'm used to taking 10+ large capsules sometimes, so it's not an issue at all for me. But is the straining of the powder into lukewarm water needed? I hate drinking those bitter drinks - blegh!

Finally, wow, it's pretty hard choosing a 'strain'! It's like when I first started kratom!

Anyway, I hope someone can help, I'm very eager to start on these herb! Thanks =)

Is there any way to get kava kava into the Netherlands, where it is illegal now. 

I'd like to give it a try, especially the drops in order to taper/withdraw from my xanax xr prescription.

Any Europeans here? 

Regards

Is there any way to get kava kava into the Netherlands, where it is illegal now. 

I'd like to give it a try, especially the drops in order to taper/withdraw from my xanax xr prescription.

Any Europeans here? 

Regards
I posted a site back in the thread I think. They were out of stock for a while, but I think back on track. 

Global kava exports dot com

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a site back in the thread I think. They were out of stock for a while, but I think back on track. 

Global kava exports dot com
Ah, that's the website I used. I think they were 'out of stock' due to Christmas, but have reopened. I tried their 'instant kava', just put it into capsules, as opposed to mixing it into a drink.

I know I will have to be patient with it, reverse tolerance is a thing with it. I think a lot of people just give up on it after the first try. I think a lot of kava fans would frown out me for using op!ates as well, but I do...and I've got to admit, there is a bit of potentiation going on. Or is that the kava? It's difficult to tell...

I may report back if I notice anything different or try the traditional root powder.

A little bump here, I still have never opened my instant kava, can it replace benzzz use, or combat withdrawals?  I understand the reverse tolerance thing, need to use frequently to get effect desired etc. I thought it may be useful for the end of my Di@z taper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have read on the Kava forum, yes it can and there are several positive stories about that and a whole section of the forum dedicated to it helping with addictions.

Am I allowed to post a url to the kava forum?

It is a great resource to learn about kava. FYI the instant for me always gave me too much nausea, so I prefer using medium sized root shavings, and the blender method, then strain it through a strainer.

When I feel I am using bennies too much, I always use kava as a replacement for a while, and it is helpful, though I am not physically dependent on bennies.

I am physically for now, down at 10mg Di@z nightly. I've been lower, but struggling a little bit, so back at 10 for now. I'll go over and have a look anyway, if it can get me over the hump somewhat I will certainly give it a go. 

Good luck, and if you need the url, I'll send you but its pretty easy to find with google. There is like one main kava forum on the internet that I know of.

That's a great help rishi, I'll give you a PM and you can link it there.

I never posted back here, but I used the kava and have used it regularly since. It's very, very helpful.

I think, PTFC, we probably have our kava from the same European outlet (there's only one that I know of). Their instant is good, it took me a while to 'adjust' to it, but now if I fill two 00 size capsules with it, it honestly feels like a mild benzo. Now I buy the plain root and make tea from it.

As for helping withdrawals, I think it would, in a subtle way. But obviously it wouldn't prevent major things like seizures (shiver), but I guess your use is low enough for that not to be a risk. To be frank, I use it to boost what I take, not to replace it, misusing it in the eyes of many kava drinkers...

Thanks smoka, I appreciate the input! I've been dying to try it for a long time and just never had the bottle! I'm positive it's the same place we ordered from also.

Have tried the kava , ordered from amazon. Found it did seem to help. Haven't done a reorder as I've been trying to read so much more, love the people on the site !! I'm not sure why though I had more posts. Then had to reset. Thanks for posting about kava. Glad I was able to also donate ! Still reading and trying to find out so much more , now even on the kava. Thanks my best as always.not sure  about vendors ?? Hope this was ok. 

How does a kava extract compare to fresh root? I've only tried the extract (w 70 mg kavalactones per capsule) & got a nice effect from 1 & really nice from 2. The root appears to be cheaper but is it weaker? 

How does a kava extract compare to fresh root? I've only tried the extract (w 70 mg kavalactones per capsule) & got a nice effect from 1 & really nice from 2. The root appears to be cheaper but is it weaker? 
The root is weaker, but from my experience provides much more well rounded effects. I've tried a kava extract... I think it was '30%' or something, had a very dark brown colour and I put it into capsules. I honestly just didn't like it.

Then there's 'instant kava', which might be ideal for you. It's stronger than plain kava root, though not an extract as such; you still get those well rounded effects. You can stir it straight into any drink or put it into capsules. No preparation needed. It's what I use if I'm out and about (not that I often am).

But ground root tea is my favourite, I'm sipping some now. =) I put it into the blender with hot water, strain, then sip. I get the nice effect of the mild numbing sensation too. Taste is a bit gross, but I've had much worse, and putting it in the fridge helps too.

Hope that helped.

I drank Kava tea when trying to go completely natural. I dont know what Kitty did, but I felt drunk lol It helped though!

I drank Kava tea when trying to go completely natural. I dont know what Kitty did, but I felt drunk lol It helped though!
I've never felt 'drunk' from it, not in any way really. It's hard to explain, people often say it's like alcohol intoxication without the massive impairment. I guess that's how I'd describe it. I find it so helpful, although the one downside is it's quite expensive... I know it's better for me than alcohol and the last thing I need is to start drinking again, but sometimes I do mull over how much cheaper a bottle of vodka and some lemonade would be... then I snap out of it and sip my Vanuatu tea. =)

One thing though, I've been trying combinations (as usual for me), and I've discovered it does not go well with phenibut. It takes a fair bit to get me nauseous, but my God, with phenibut and kava it's awful. So I'd avoid that one...

I've never felt 'drunk' from it, not in any way really. It's hard to explain, people often say it's like alcohol intoxication without the massive impairment. I guess that's how I'd describe it. I find it so helpful, although the one downside is it's quite expensive... I know it's better for me than alcohol and the last thing I need is to start drinking again, but sometimes I do mull over how much cheaper a bottle of vodka and some lemonade would be... then I snap out of it and sip my Vanuatu tea. =)

One thing though, I've been trying combinations (as usual for me), and I've discovered it does not go well with phenibut. It takes a fair bit to get me nauseous, but my God, with phenibut and kava it's awful. So I'd avoid that one...
Yes. I have one of those organic health stores down the street and they had kava in drop form. It was a shaded glass bottle, orange yellow label. The most repulsive taste, but the best help. I had did 15 drops I think in a 1 fourth of a bottle of water and downed as quick as possible. Horrid but helps so much. I'm not understanding why some get the drunk feel either. I usually don't get side effects others get but with those kava drops I do. 

Yes. I have one of those organic health stores down the street and they had kava in drop form. It was a shaded glass bottle, orange yellow label. The most repulsive taste, but the best help. I had did 15 drops I think in a 1 fourth of a bottle of water and downed as quick as possible. Horrid but helps so much. I'm not understanding why some get the drunk feel either. I usually don't get side effects others get but with those kava drops I do. 
Oh, kava drops? That you diluted with water? I've never heard of them, I'll have to look into it a bit. That must be some sort of extract/concentrate? If it is, it will give you very different effects to plain root. I tried a powdered extract and didn't enjoy it. And the nasty taste, yeah...I know, hehe. Best way I've found to beat it is serve the drink ice cold. =)

Oh, kava drops? That you diluted with water? I've never heard of them, I'll have to look into it a bit. That must be some sort of extract/concentrate? If it is, it will give you very different effects to plain root. I tried a powdered extract and didn't enjoy it. And the nasty taste, yeah...I know, hehe. Best way I've found to beat it is serve the drink ice cold. =)
The brand is Herb Pharm and called Pharma Kava. It's a greenish slug color liquid. Yes very concentrated. I will try the ice cold way. Thank you!

@KittyPurffect Ah, that does sound very neat! It certainly saves you the bother of having to make the tea. It takes me a good 20 minutes and I do it every 2-3 days. I use a blender but still have to squeeze the muslin cloth to get it all out. When you've squeezed out all the liquid from the cloth and the kava is sort of drained, it looks a lot like a poo, hehe. Today when I made some I rolled it into a sausage shape, then walked into the living room where my partner is, held it up and said 'I did it!' with a bit smile on my face. Poo jokes everywhere!

Anyway, sorry about that. I don't think I'll get to try that since I don't want to have to buy liquid internationally...bit wary of that for some reason. I guess I'll have to stick with my tea. But yeah, I used to drink kava warm. Eugh! Nooo, nooo, can't even think of it! A couple of pieces of ice, and you're sorted. =)

Enjoy. =)

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back