Post Your Pets

2-3 years. Not very long and that's definitely the downside to owning them. I get very attached and I don't deal with pet loss very well at all.

They are sooooo smart and fun though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh! That is interesting! I don't know why I thought it would be much longer. I can see how that would be hard!

I have a dog who is 13 and is my BFF. She has been with me through thick and thin and as loved me when I might not have been so easy to love. I don't even think about the eventual....

This is my baby Bailey

250c5759a44fddb307c0800f2bc64019.jpg

I don't physically have her anymore and that's a long story I may tell later. It's very tragic all the way around. I miss her so much.

Pixie, I have a dilemma and need your advice. I love my hairless rat but it seems he has a biting problem. He's just come up to me and nipped me for no reason. No broken skin but I still don't like it and have never had this problem with any past pet rats. The bigger problem is that he has bitten my son twice, once he drew blood. He also isn't fond of being held. He squirms out of my arms if I try. I hate to contact the rattery and return him but I want a friendly rat that my son can interact with. Supposedly he is only three months old but he is awfully huge for being so young. I'm not sure if this is a hairless rat issue or if I just got a very unsocialized one. She assured me before I bought him that he was held often and had never bitten her before. And in fact, she even said her two year old interacted with him fine. My son is very gentle with him and is always supervised with his interaction. I'm getting very frustrated but at the same time, I'm trying to give him a little more time to adjust to his new environment.

Pixie, I have a dilemma and need your advice. I love my hairless rat but it seems he has a biting problem. He's just come up to me and nipped me for no reason. No broken skin but I still don't like it and have never had this problem with any past pet rats. The bigger problem is that he has bitten my son twice, once he drew blood. He also isn't fond of being held. He squirms out of my arms if I try. I hate to contact the rattery and return him but I want a friendly rat that my son can interact with. Supposedly he is only three months old but he is awfully huge for being so young. I'm not sure if this is a hairless rat issue or if I just got a very unsocialized one. She assured me before I bought him that he was held often and had never bitten her before. And in fact, she even said her two year old interacted with him fine. My son is very gentle with him and is always supervised with his interaction. I'm getting very frustrated but at the same time, I'm trying to give him a little more time to adjust to his new environment.

It's definitely not the breed. Our hairless rats don't bite. Mine is extremely affectionate with humans. My daughter's is a bit crazy and doesn't like being held but isn't hostile. Neither of the hairy rats bite either. That seems unusual. Are you and your son handling food beforehand? Rats can't see what they are biting. If they think its food they'll bite. We hand feed ours all the time and sometimes they nip our fingers on accident trying to take what we're giving them. They never do it aggressively though. If its being hostile you might need to switch rats. It's not normal.

I've never bought from a rattery before. If it's anything like dog breeders the animals are rarely handled and they have to be socalized young. Our local pet store has cages that are open to the animals being taken out and pet by anyone so ours were all adjusted to being handled constantly by a string of strangers.

It's really weird. I'll have him out and he'll just be running around on the bed and then will come up to me and nip me. Not hard but I've never experienced that with a pet rat before. He nipped the side of my leg last night for no reason so I don't think it's food related. When he bit my sons finger and made him bleed, my son had been playing with a string with him so it was either he was trying to grab the string or he was getting territorial with it. It's all so strange to me. I'm gonna text the girl I got him from and tell her what's going on and see what she says. She does have a litter of hairless babies that will be ready in a couple of weeks so I may send him back to her and get two babies so that we can raise them. I've never adopted a full grown rat before and I just don't believe he's only three months old. So it very well could be that he hasn't been handled much. Thanks for your insight!

Oh-also my mom flipped today because my son told her the rat bit him. Ugh. There is literally ONE story on the internet about a 10 year old boy who got bit by a rat his grandma had gotten him from Petco, and he died. It's obviously a VERY rare thing to happen. But she of course zeroes in on that and doesn't shut up. Just to keep the peace, I need a rat that doesn't bite. LOL.

Oh-also my mom flipped today because my son told her the rat bit him. Ugh. There is literally ONE story on the internet about a 10 year old boy who got bit by a rat his grandma had gotten him from Petco, and he died. It's obviously a VERY rare thing to happen. But she of course zeroes in on that and doesn't shut up. Just to keep the peace, I need a rat that doesn't bite. LOL.

I agree. Especially with a child as young as yours. When I wear chapstick my rat thinks my lips are food and tries to lick/bite my mouth. Yuck! She's never been aggressive with people though. I definitely think it's better to get them young especially if you plan on keeping them in the same cage. My rats are very territorial with each other and our menagerie.

I do recommend trying another hairless. They are much easier to clean and not stinky. Many of them are very sweet.

I love Bailey

Thank you Cat! I have a lot of emotional trauma surrounding this dog but I still love her so much! I got her when she was 2 days old and she just turned 10 years old last month. This is her as a wee baby. I have pictures of her when she was just two days old but I'll have to find them. These pictures will always be so precious to me.

ff15da6aedec3907b8c5e096ab5b60f9.jpg

These are two of 5 cats and I have my lil fungus dog that is my special buddy. My animals are amazing.

Hmm didn't post the pic. Not sure how to do that but I can't find a pic of all 6 pets together anyway. Theyre my babies though. Always bring a smile to my face when im not feeling well.

Hmm didn't post the pic. Not sure how to do that but I can't find a pic of all 6 pets together anyway. Theyre my babies though. Always bring a smile to my face when im not feeling well.
Don't feel alone, my pics and videos always fail. We'll just imagine how adorable they are!

My new baby hairless rat and his big brother are best friends. It's so cute, he sleeps on top of the big rat like he's a heating pad.

19f8f5802858cce3461044fea56e5a06.jpg

BG, I'm scared to death of all rodents but your babies are actually cute!!!!

Aw thanks Roger. They're so ugly they're cute! My bf's kids were not too excited about rats when I got them but they've fallen in love. They're both really playful and sweet.

The big one is Harry and the little one is Mr Wrinkles.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back