Sex Drugs And Rock & Roll - The Musician's Thread

forsirtin

No No Just being a gentleman.  Glad you asked.  In the middle of the accolades for you I jumped in with the doom & gloom.  I was merely begging your pardon for interrupting the love-in, which I was feeling, BIGTIME.  Love you.  I was so aggravated coming in from reading all those above mentioned posts that I came to the general discussion thread to shout out a warning.  

I could've done a better job of that.  I big footed bass man style. Come in on the ONE, mi hermano hirsute.
LOL!  Love you too, my dear.  I am really enjoying all this virtual flirting!  So, four or five-string????

LOL!  Love you too, my dear.  I am really enjoying all this virtual flirting!  So, four or five-string????
I apologize for hijacking the conversation, but my personal favorite (at least in terms of a 34" scale / 24 fret model), is my 1997 Wal MK3 beech 5 string. Carry on then.....

2vkgls0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yeah. I can't even manage a 4 string, and that's a monster, but my boy Justin Chancellor of Tool got me into Wal back in the 90's.
View attachment 522 (How do I increase pic size?)

I've got this peavy rock bass from the eighties that was about 40 pounds, 3 pick-ups, really cool! I'm a terrible player of all things stringed though.

Also Jewy, you never answered by question about Lotus guitars from way back. Are they any good? I found a beat up one on the street. The head stock look cheap and chinese-ish but the guitar is really, suggesting good to a know-nothing like me. Wondering if it's worth restringing and trying to sell? Or if it's crap.

I'll post a pic soon.

Hell yeah. I can't even manage a 4 string, and that's a monster, but my boy Justin Chancellor of Tool got me into Wal back in the 90's.
attachicon.gif
338px-Justinloft1.jpg (How do I increase pic size?)

I've got this peavy rock bass from the eighties that was about 40 pounds, 3 pick-ups, really cool! I'm a terrible player of all things stringed though.

Also Jewy, you never answered by question about Lotus guitars from way back. Are they any good? I found a beat up one on the street. The head stock look cheap and chinese-ish but the guitar is really, suggesting good to a know-nothing like me. Wondering if it's worth restringing and trying to sell? Or if it's crap.

I'll post a pic soon.
My buddy just got a Fretless Bass, and it's TOO KOOL FOR TOOL...I mean School....(I love TOOL Pun Intended)

WAL makes amazing basses. I didn't know Justin Chancellor played one... I just know they were made famous by Geddy Lee in 80s Rush era. I believe Tool's original bass player played a Rick.....Paul D'Amour I think it was.. And the Rick of course was made famous by Ged in the 70s. Along with Chris Squire.

I know Tool is heavily inspired by Rush.... their bass players seem to be at the very least!

Id love to just play a Wal. Dont really see them in the states, they're British made. But correct me if im wrong..

Your bass is beautiful.   /default_wub.png I didn't know you cared!  /default_wink.png  /default_tongue.png Mines the The Funkinator.  Never change the strings.  Da greasy chicken funk be on da one hand, da blues on da udder, me brudder.

Dear lord Bman, that J bass is a beauty. Just gorgeous. And so 70s looking! Natural color, pickguard is that tortoisy 70s look. It screams 1974 for sure. You are a lucky man.

Thank you.  I've had that bass for 30 years come March.  Paid $400 cash at a pawnshop.  Borrowed the money from my mother & my GF.  The bass is still wit me, GF is wife; mommy has passed.  YES I paid 'em back

The wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Your bass is beautiful.   /default_wub.png I didn't know you cared!  /default_wink.png  /default_tongue.png Mines the The Funkinator.  Never change the strings.  Da greasy chicken funk be on da one hand, da blues on da udder, me brudder.
Thank you sir. I call that particular instrument "Blondie".

Yes indeedy.  I'll post a pic of the stealth fighter later...a 5 string!
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to it. In fact, might I suggest we start a "Post Your Axe" thread, or something along those lines so we have an easy to find place for these fine instruments? I'll be glad to move this one later, but thought I'd share one of my favorite acoustics. A custom made Greg Bennett, given to me for my 40th birthday by two of my long time clients. Primarily a conversation piece here in my office, but does see a little action from time to time!

2isxv5y.jpg

whos the hot chick jewy?
You mean the one in the picture at the top? Actually, she's the one the guitar was originally built for. Maybe we have some music fans here on DBG who can figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back