Sex Drugs And Rock & Roll - The Musician's Thread

Sounds great HB.... can't wait.  I'm sure I'll love it. Think I'll go play some 'wish you were here' before heading to bed.   /default_biggrin.png

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Wish you were here."
I played that album on Cassette until the tape deck finally chewed it up and spit it out!! Wish I could have seen them live in Concert! Still my fav band of all time!!

Same here Yellow. DSOTM is my fav album, WYWH 2nd, Wall then Meddle. Echoes and Cnumb are my fav songs /default_smile.png.  Ok I'll stop my forum hijacking now /default_tongue.png

I LOVE Rush! Red Barchetta and Working Man....aaaah! Two, of a few, songs that I have to stop everything and...WAIL.....

"I get up at seven, yeah, and I go to work at nine.

Got no time for living, yeah, I'm working all the time.

Seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am.

I guess that's why they call me, ...."

(You sang it, didn't you?)

Sorry Jewy I was one of the strays. I tried to get out of the conversation once I saw it was getting off track.

Nice bass though. We need a thread to discuss all of our past music careers(or lack of) such as gear, band names, songs played...

I know it's off topic but I did not want to be left out of the bass wars. From my garage band days - pic taken in my graduation gown.
Looks like a couple of "lines" may have been had on that pic, HB.  /default_wink.png

DGSB I know what you're thinking and the picture was folded up a bunch of times. Too flimsy to use as a  cutting board. I was using album covers and cassette boxes for.... at the time.

Sorry Jewy I was one of the strays. I tried to get out of the conversation once I saw it was getting off track.

Nice bass though. We need a thread to discuss all of our past music careers(or lack of) such as gear, band names, songs played...
No need to apologize brother, I was playing along as much as anyone. I just decided to post that update this morning so I could get a good head count on who had outstanding orders still floating around out there. No big deal at all, and thanks for the compliment on Blondie! She's definitely a beauty. Let's get that thread going!

I think this thread will be fun.

I know us musicians love to tell stories about the groups we played in, brag about how good we were, what songs we played, show off our equipment, tell our Spinal Tap moments and talk about what ever else that will remind us of those good old days when we were all going to the rock stars.

No particular  format, just talk about when you started, the songs played, places played, equipment, concerts attended that may have inspired or influenced you and yes any stories of sex, drugs and rock and roll that we can legally print. Or use you own format if you wish.

I'll start. My older brother was a drummer and my parents bought him a set of silver sparkle drums(Ludwig I think) which he was supposed to hand down to me. Well you all guess it, he snaked me. So I ended up taking up the bass. My first guitar was an  red Epiphone back when the company make crappy stuff. My first amp was a Trainer, 100W think and it had 2 12's. As most bass player will agree 12's blow for bass. I was a Junior in HS.

I'll try to look for old pics. I will try to keep my comments in date order and no get too wordy. Everyone else can do what they like.

I'm going to need help attaching pictures and shit. I'm a nerd, just not a computer nerd.

Now this brought back some memories, thx HB, so I played the drums, had a 5 piece Pearl kit, silver metal flake, zildjian (sp? think thats right) cymbals and played with a completely unknown band, The Pond Creek Band. Named after the road the guitarist lived on, yea, he named it not me!

Played in  the high school marching band too.......damn its been a long time.

I have a few things to post, if they're not to big to upload. Back later......

Oh yea, use the "more reply options" feature then you can go to "choose files" and upload from there.

Alright NS thanks for the tip. Pics would be cool.

Drumline eh?

I promised a pic of FrankenBass the Stealth Fighter.  Lessee can I do right...

A POS Rogue $129 with $500 worth of passive Bartolini pups and good strings and $5 worth of  Doc's elbow grease.  Thunder Bottoms

View attachment 531

Last edited by a moderator:
5 string, what make? Amp?

I can't upload a friggen thing and I'm pissed. I know everyone is trying to help but I'm a knucklehead!

Calling all guitar, keyboard players, drummers, singers..... we want to hear from you too. Tell us about your stacks, Hammond B3 double bass kits...

Just my opinion. I feel that Alex Van Halen is the most underrated drummer in rock music. Behind Eddie, Dave and Mike, no one ever notices him.

Guess this thread was moved....alrighty, dont know why I was trying to help you HB, since I just figured out you only have 500 kb of space to upload.....had to delete some things.

Uh, where are you now HB, as far as uploading??

Last edited:
Guess this thread was moved....alrighty, dont know why I was trying to help you HB, since I just figured out you only have 500 kb of space to upload.....
Actually, I've moved all music related posts from the general Mexican discussion thread to this location.

And hey HB, would you object to me amending the thread title just a bit so it's clear to any new members that it's a general, anything goes type of musician's thread? Didn't want to change anything without running it past you first.

5 string, what make? Amp?

I can't upload a friggen thing and I'm pissed. I know everyone is trying to help but I'm a knucklehead!

Calling all guitar, keyboard players, drummers, singers..... we want to hear from you too. Tell us about your stacks, Hammond B3 double bass kits...

Just my opinion. I feel that Alex Van Halen is the most underrated drummer in rock music. Behind Eddie, Dave and Mike, no one ever notices him.
Give this a shot. Go to www.tinypic.com, and don't bother setting up an account or anything like that. Then, just click "browse" and select the file you want to upload. Leave all other default settings alone and click "upload". Once it does it's thing, which may include having you view a brief ad and enter some text, it'll show you 3 or 4 lines of code options, and select the 2nd one, which is "image code for forums and message boards. Just copy and paste that line of code right into your post as is and post as usual, and your picture will appear. It's the site I use for all posted images.

If you happen to have an exceptionally large picture, just select the "Message Board 640x480" re-size option on their main page and it will adjust the size so that it doesn't take up the entire page, LOL. Let me know how it works out if you give it a try.

Reactions: _X_
Jewy do what ever you feel that will keep this thread running. Thanks for moving the stuff. I'm not sure what Stalker meant above cause I'm really computer ignorant by choice. I thought this could be fun but don't waste time on me because I won't take the time to understand this computer shit.

Thank you for helping me and I'm still pissed that I cannot upload shit even though everyone is offering to help,

If I can find it I was considering uploading the picture of me from the 70's when I was in the KISS army and put on the makeup for a concert.

Jewy do what ever you feel that will keep this thread running. Thanks for moving the stuff. I'm not sure what Stalker meant above cause I'm really computer ignorant by choice. I thought this could be fun but don't waste time on me because I won't take the time to understand this computer shit.

Thank you for helping me and I'm still pissed that I cannot upload shit even though everyone is offering to help,

If I can find it I was considering uploading the picture of me from the 70's when I was in the KISS army and put on the makeup for a concert.
No problem my man, and it's not a waste of time. Just give my little Tiny Pic tutorial above a try, and you'll be posting pics in 5 minutes, I guarantee it. Frankly, despite building websites as a hobby and being generally code and computer literate, I've never been able to make the native attachment and image posting functionality in the board software work, at least not for me, so you aren't alone by any means, LOL. Anyway, seriously, just give it a quick try, it's really easy, and it plays well with DBG's software.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back