Sex Drugs And Rock & Roll - The Musician's Thread

I know it's super small I don't know how to do this computer shit.

Especially upright bass . They are educated in the ways of love /default_smile.png as they spend most of their days with their arms and legs around a "woman".

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! I can't believe I never knew Geddy played Wal! I'm a die hard Rush fan. Hemispheres forever!!! 

I never knew that, despite being able sing (but not being close to being able to play) all my favourite Geddy lines. I especially love the foot operated key board synth, and not because its ironic. I actually love the Tom Sawyer, and I'm not ashamed. Which too is rare cause I usually know when to be ashamed and not to be.

View attachment 528

This might not be the exact one, but it's close.

Anyone know the Rush album Counterparts from the nineties? There 15th album! Love it.

Last edited:
Every see the Brit Pink Floyd show or the Aussies? Fucking unbelievable. Excuse my English.

Not in person yet.  But I keep an eye out for when they are in my neck of the woods.  And I'm hoping for DG to bust out that new album this year so he will tour again.  If he does I'll fly to see him if necessary.  That last show 'remember that night' just before rick died was amazing.... that musical dance back and forth between dave and rick at the end of echoes 2 is just amazing.  Not because it's so technical but because of the timing and the overall effect... and the thought that they both knew it was the last time they would do it after 40 years of perfecting it.  Oh well at least i have the blu-ray.

sn00pee is you are a true PF fan you have to see the Brits - they are the best of the two. The Aussies are good too but older. I've been going to see these guys since they hit the states back in 2003.

You will not be disappointed.

Ok looks like they wil be 'close enough' in March this year... I'll book it /default_wink.png

I will personally refund your money if not satisfied. And wait till you hear their version of Numb.

Enjoy.

This topic has seemed to stray form the thread. Maybe it should be continued elsewhere.

Bigtime - Thats a Taurus 3 .... Moog's latest stab at revamping 70's stuff. I use a midi pedal synth plugged into module synths. Ged is doing the same thing these days.

So the WAL - Geddy played that on  Power Windows - Roll the Bones... roughly '85 - '91.

He dropped it for a '73 J Bass for "Counterparts" in '93 because they dropped synths which led him wanting a low end bass again. WAL's are known for cutting through everything. They just straight cut.... Some of his most dynamic bass playing was on the WAL. I straight love that Rush era..

But youre right.... Hemispheres is the tits.

Tom Sawyer was actually done with an Oberheim 8 Voice. Monster of an analog synth. Many people mistake the Tom Sawyer sound for the Taurus 2...... when in fact, it was CV controlled to an Oberheim from Lifeson. They lived to trick the audience. They did much with the Tuarus 2 though, thats no mistake. I was interested to see if Ged would break out a Taurus 3 like he did by getting a Moog Little Phatty and playing actual analog on stage again. Hasnt happened yet. They are still MIDI controlling pedals.

Sounds great HB.... can't wait.  I'm sure I'll love it. Think I'll go play some 'wish you were here' before heading to bed.   /default_biggrin.png

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?

The same old fears.

Wish you were here."

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back