Sex Drugs And Rock & Roll - The Musician's Thread

Here's the world famous "Bad Influence", mid-1980's. Dig the boots! /default_biggrin.png

Loved that bass, and still have it to this day. My daughter has it hanging on her bedroom wall like it's a museum piece.

Anyway, it's a little known Quest Attack 2B, modified with active EMG bridge pickup. As I recall, at the time, I was playing it through a Trace Elliot GP11 head with a 4-10 / 1-15 Hartke cabinet setup.

2dt83v4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jewy you nailed the thread name! This will catch everyone's attention.

Thanks man.

btw I'm a bean counter - spreadsheets, pivot tables, financial statements, journal entries. All this copy paste tweeting, blogging text me, email me a twerk.....

Just give me a spreadsheet,  some 70's hard rock or 80's metal, a couple of 10/325's and I'll be as happy as a clam in shit.

I bow to the great powers of wookiness, saw your video at the beach pharmacy with the c&p faces of heisenburg and you, and all those women.......holy shit.

Last edited:
Ah that's what I'm talking about Jewy. C'mon fellow rockers let's see your MTV poses.

Jewy you nailed the thread name! This will catch everyone's attention.

Thanks man.

btw I'm a bean counter - spreadsheets, pivot tables, financial statements, journal entries. All this copy paste tweeting, blogging text me, email me a twerk.....

Just give me a spreadsheet,  some 70's hard rock or 80's metal, a couple of 10/325's and I'll be as happy as a clam in shit.
Epic post HB, and being an equity fund manager, I understand completely, although it just proves that if THIS former headbanger and current bean counter can learn tech, so can you! Stick with me brother, I'll show you the way.

I bow to the great powers of wookiness, saw your video at the beach pharmacy with the c&p faces of heisenburg and you, and all those women.......holy shit.
Thank you very much sir, but I can't take credit for that video. Our very own Hooter1 is responsible for that masterful piece of handiwork!

I can hold my own in Vegas and Sound Booth, among other editing platforms, but Hooter is by FAR the tech master of DBG.

Reactions: _X_
Another picture from the same Bad Influence show in the mid-80's of yours truly and our lead guitarist. It's obviously not the best quality image, being an old scan and all, but it shows off our massive Peavey Black Widow / XR1200 PA system, which was, well, a bit of overkill for an indoor high school show, LOL. Anyway, we were damn proud of that PA, and I still miss it, despite having been around some of the largest and most sophisticated arena grade PA setups on the planet over the past 15 years.

2n8398i.jpg

Everything went fine just as jewy described, done this before, many times,  but when I tried to highlight the code it jumped around and shit but I finally got it, BUT the pics were to big so i tried again with the resize and...well fuck it.

Think I"ll try another site besides tinypic that I've used before, it should be all to easy yet it wasnt. Probably just me.......

Last edited:
Bluesman008, actually that guitar is a 75 Ibanez copy of a Rick. They used to make a lot of replicas which were pretty good. If you made some upgrades like pickups and tuning heads they would sound really good almost as good as the real ones.

Ibanez went on to make regular guitars and Epiphone took over as a replica maker. Those were pretty good too especially if you made the same upgrades. The Epi’s would sound really good saving a person like $500 plus.

I replaced the Ibanez with a 75 Jazz which is long gone. I stopped playing years ago but still have a Fender P bass, not American made but Mexican (cost like $350 now). Again make some upgrades and you would save hundreds and it sounds fairly close to the P bass sound.

Always used rotosound strings.

Now I would like to donate the guitar and practice amp to a church group or other organization, maybe even showing some kids the basics. Do you know how I can find out about doing something like this?

I appreciate your offer jn but I would like to try and teach some kids how to play the guitar.

Man, you guys have my husband salivating looking at guitars, he loves them except he can only play the intro to crazy train, but he likes to stand in front of the mirror pretending to be Eric Clapton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight's the night rockers! KISS get inducted into the HOF. I'm not sure if it's a big honor since they induct too many people each year. Some of the artist could not give a shit either.

But as a retired member of the KISS army - yes I saw 'em in 1976, 1977...I'm glad they're in. And KISS is Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter.

HB I'm a member of the kiss army too, I'm 46 and my husband is 62 he just doesn't get it they fucking rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are pretty close in age Heavenlee, but I always favored what my older brother listened to, like Led Zep, Ozzy (including Black Sabbath of course), The Doors and Jimi. But I also like BB King, and thought his collaboration Eric Clapton was epic. I can also appreciate the hell out everything from the likes of Bob Marley to Soundgarden, with their "A Sides" album being one of the best collections ever put together. Of course you can't mention them without also talking about what a great job Frampton did "singing"

Malcolm Young has some health problem. I believe he may have had a stroke. But according to the bands website they will be recording in 2014. So a tour is possible. Saw 'em back in the 80's on the For those about to Rock Tour. Back in Black forever!

HeavenLee I went to a KSS concert back in the day with face makeup - Paul Stanley. Those pics will never be seen by another human being until I croak. Then they will be part of the collage that you see at most funerals nowadays.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back