Tramadol

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Hi Gia,

I am thrilled that I am able to give back the help and hope I received from this forum. Tapering off tramp and finally quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done but so worth it. I am at the three month mark now and i can tell you it gets easier every day. The first month is the hardest. During thet month i just "survived each day". The tea will help you! Please feel free to PM me if you want. I am here for you! Xo

PS...walking and lifting weight helped so much with the twitches!
3 month mark?! Well done!! I realise how hard that must have been, that's some willpower you got there cat!!.... I might need to borrow some of that soon :-)....

3 month mark?! Well done!! I realise how hard that must have been, that's some willpower you got there cat!!.... I might need to borrow some of that soon :-)....
Thank you. Finally. You CAN do it. I am here to talk if you need me.

Hi Gia,

I am thrilled that I am able to give back the help and hope I received from this forum. Tapering off tramp and finally quitting was the hardest thing I have ever done but so worth it. I am at the three month mark now and i can tell you it gets easier every day. The first month is the hardest. During thet month i just "survived each day". The tea will help you! Please feel free to PM me if you want. I am here for you! Xo

PS...walking and lifting weight helped so much with the twitches!
Congrats, i gives others hope knowing that it is possible. I am glad to hear, and keep it up. /default_smile.png

I agree, it helps so much to see that others have been able to get off the tram and are ok now!
Grateful for the tips also!!

Ill say it again. Youhave no idea how much the continued support helps! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
This is a really great thread.   I found it very difficult to taper off Tr@m.  Maybe someone who doesn't have such an addictive mind could do that, but it was almost impossible for me.   God bless you if you have the willpower!   Some people that have loved ones that actually know their predicament will have them help with their tapering schedule.  I started taking Tr@mps (i love cat's abbrev for this, it's sooooo fitting)  for pain relief and then liked 'em so much i continued (in increasing and increasing dosages) well after the pain was gone (understatement!).  I was clean for five years and then a few months ago a necessary surgery instigated a prescription.  Now, i KNEW better than take the scrip...i could have told Dr. that i had issues with that crap several years earlier.  but, my addictive mind justified the scrip like "oh it's for pain this time"  "you'll just take the 30 # and be ok".   Well, 30 lasted about a week and then it doubled and tripled from there.   One builds up a very fast tolerance to tr@m which is why you'll hear of peple taking 200mg plus at a time (which is a 24 maximum dose) three or four times a day!  

At any rate, it sucks quitting the thing.  But, i've done it a few times and am doing it again.  What is helping this time is two things:  1) A scrip for Clonuhdyne .1mg/day.   And EXCERCISE (thanks cat for that advice)!   The worst thing for me is the clicks from moving my eyes back and forth (i think people call them brain zaps but it's more lick a clicking sound in my head for me!).   Then not sleeping and then restless arms (not legs like some people get).  the Clon is making those symptoms much easier to deal with. 

Another thing.  I see posts all over the internet about terror stories of coming of off Tr@mps.  There are people that have had horrific experiences. What worries me is that i think this makes some people scared to quit tr@m.    If you are thinking about quitting, go to your Dr. and be honest with him/her (another good tip from cat) and they'll help you manage the wd's or give you a reference to someone who will help you .   It's a sucky and uncomfortable process quitting those little f-ers, but i'm a big pussy......if i can quit, you can too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gmgd said:
@ zebedee,@mira, @stella, thank you all for your advice..I did ask for EMS tho due to the wd scenerio. I thought I planned well, ordered from IOP on Aug 8th and still have not received... I was over confident, as I have never had to wait that long for an IOP..

I hate the thought of wd....

Lesson learned.

@ zeebedee, I am going to watch the link, taper and start thinking about how to integrate a seritonin re uptake inhibitor. I will definitely need medical attention!
Did you ever get your package?

The one ordered on Aug 8th, that was EMS...? It shouldnt take more than a week for EMS. Registered can take upwards of a month sometimes though.  

I hope everything works out for you and in the mean time, yeah, tapering is hard but it can be done. As @catinthehat posted, effexor is actually the closest antidepressant to tram and I've also read that it can be helpful with that aspect of withdrawl. Thats the bad thing about this drug, its like withdrawing from 2 drugs, not just 1. But, if you keep yourself focused on the goal, you'll do okay. 

Keep us posted on how you're doing. /default_smile.png

Hey gmgd,

Just wonderinghow you are doing. Hipe you are good and comfortable.

Cat

This is a really great thread.   I found it very difficult to taper off Tr@m.  Maybe someone who doesn't have such an addictive mind could do that, but it was almost impossible for me.   God bless you if you have the willpower!   Some people that have loved ones that actually know their predicament will have them help with their tapering schedule.  I started taking Tr@mps (i love cat's abbrev for this, it's sooooo fitting)  for pain relief and then liked 'em so much i continued (in increasing and increasing dosages) well after the pain was gone (understatement!).  I was clean for five years and then a few months ago a necessary surgery instigated a prescription.  Now, i KNEW better than take the scrip...i could have told Dr. that i had issues with that crap several years earlier.  but, my addictive mind justified the scrip like "oh it's for pain this time"  "you'll just take the 30 # and be ok".   Well, 30 lasted about a week and then it doubled and tripled from there.   One builds up a very fast tolerance to tr@m which is why you'll hear of peple taking 200mg plus at a time (which is a 24 maximum dose) three or four times a day!  

At any rate, it sucks quitting the thing.  But, i've done it a few times and am doing it again.  What is helping this time is two things:  1) A scrip for Clonuhdyne .1mg/day.   And EXCERCISE (thanks cat for that advice)!   The worst thing for me is the clicks from moving my eyes back and forth (i think people call them brain zaps but it's more lick a clicking sound in my head for me!).   Then not sleeping and then restless arms (not legs like some people get).  the Clon is making those symptoms much easier to deal with. 

Another thing.  I see posts all over the internet about terror stories of coming of off Tr@mps.  There are people that have had horrific experiences. What worries me is that i think this makes some people scared to quit tr@m.    If you are thinking about quitting, go to your Dr. and be honest with him/her (another good tip from cat) and they'll help you manage the wd's or give you a reference to someone who will help you .   It's a sucky and uncomfortable process quitting those little f-ers, but i'm a big pussy......if i can quit, you can too!
Thanks for postingthis rockytop! It is a never ending battle.

I quit tramps for over a year. It was the hardest thing I ever did! About a year ago I started taking them again. The thought of quitting again is nauseating. I know I should but I feel so much better on them.

I quit tramps for over a year. It was the hardest thing I ever did! About a year ago I started taking them again. The thought of quitting again is nauseating. I know I should but I feel so much better on them.
EXACTLY eva.  It is so easy to get back on them.  The euphoric and energetic feeling that Tr@mps give me is incredible.  Like the zinger drug of choice does to most addicts.  I've never had problems with ANYTHING until i took my first tr@mp a dozen years ago.  I have to recognize now after this last relapse that this is going to be a life long battle for me.   I can't take one like the alcoholic can't take just one drink.   I hope eva you can find some words of wisdom from others on this website and other help forums.  Please consider my advice of talking to your Dr. so they can either help you with a WD relief plan or refer you to a specialized care center for detox and tapering.   It's worth it because you are worth it.   /default_smile.png

So...after three months off of tramp i found a bottle of 180. Yikes. I took three, and the next day i took three.....flushed the rest. Shit.glad i had the power to flush. I feel like quite the asshole. QUITE the asshole.

So...after three months off of tramp i found a bottle of 180. Yikes. I took three, and the next day i took three.....flushed the rest. Shit.glad i had the power to flush. I feel like quite the asshole. QUITE the asshole.
Good job Cat! That takes some strong will power /default_smile.png

Now, if you could just tell me what river your toilet empties into and I'll go collect those 180 and keep them away from the fishes :)

Thanks guys! Here i am feeling like shit about taking some and you guys made me feel better! Much love for dat!. I am sure they are in the Chicago river! Lol!

I've taken them 3x a day for 5 days for pain and had no issues. Years ago I was hooked on them and withdrawals were awful! I really think you will be okay if they are taken very infrequently.

Thanks guys! Here i am feeling like shit about taking some and you guys made me feel better! Much love for dat!. I am sure they are in the Chicago river! Lol!
@cithQuestion...you are 3 months post tr@mps (minus one slip up). How are you doing? I've been tapering for 6 weeks, down to 3 a day. One day is fine and the next is horrible pain in my bones and lethargy like crazy. But I have stuck with my taper, but afraid I'm not going to stick with it forever. I've tried to taper to 2, and it seems impossible. I have to work everyday and don't have the ability to take off time. I need to function cognitively and physically and don't think I can make the next step down. Did you really go cold turkey? If so, how many days did it take to start sleeping again? I take them spaced out 1/2 at a time (6 -1/2 tabs) and I hold 1/2 tab back everyday to take one before I go to sleep. I suppose I'm looking for support here. I got myself into this mess, now trying to get out without loosing my job and dignity. No one around me knows. It sucks. I am "supplementing" with anti-anx13ty meds and I know that med will be easier to stop (for me, anyway). Any insight, from anyone, would be nice. I'm getting some of that tea tomorrow:-)

Hey hapgirl!

Sleeping...well, i am sorry to saybut that takes awhile. It took me about 75 days to sleep two nights in a row with no help. Tramadol works wonders. but nothing helped me sleep every night. I know what you mean about the inablity to cognitively function, and also the lethargy. Honestly, after a couple of weeks it wasnt so hard but it got better every day. You just have to hang tough. The tea helps tremendously with everything. If you can take an opiate ONLY when it gets really tough, that is a good thing. Keep in mind that i had a two year habit of taking up to 36 pills a day. I am sure your wds will be much less than mine. You will have muscle twitching and a lot of rls but you CAN get through it. There is a supplement called 5htp that really helps with the anxiety. It is psuedotryptophan, which is the amino acid found in cheese and turkey....it is responsible for a tired feeling after thanksgiving dinner. There is a timed release formula and a regular for,ula. The timed release is great for during the day.

Technically i did not go cold turkey, i went from taking 10 a day to nothing though. I had been on 10 a day for only a week. The first few days SUCKED. I am a pretty happy person and I Really wanted to die. just had to keep telling myself that it was all in my head.

Also, please keep in mind that these withdrawals are subjective to me. You may not feel the symptoms i have described. I do know that the poppy tea helps with all of it.

The feeling of being off of them all together far surpasses any of the withdrawals. I cannot beleive how good I feel now without them. It is SO worth it. The very best of luck. I am here to listen and talk anytime. I was fortunate enough to be able to take time off of work however i have withdrawn from them several times while working for tolerance purposes. It is tough, but you CAN do this while working every day. Just be patient with yourself and remember that this is only temporary. I have a very demanding profession and it is all just mind over matter, and again temporary. Xoxoxoxo

Last edited:
Tapering from tram can be really tough! I was tapering years ago when I found out I was pregnant. I tapered really fast on that and Effexor. Holy cow! It was brutal but didn't last forever. First couple weeks of being off it weren't easy, but it slowly got better after that.

. Kudos, i bet that was hella tough!Wow! You tapered off of tram and Effexor at the same time? Wow

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back