Opiate Use

It is hard to quit opiates all together. I have too many joint issues. I have cut way back & do not take the Oxy unless I have to. I take the Percs & they work OK. I think it really doesn't matter what it is if it helps you escape from time to time. I wish I didn't have to take any meds but am glad I have a good pain doc.i don't think it's any shame in taking meds to treat pain. It just the tolerance that comes along with it that sucks.

It is hard to quit opiates all together. I have too many joint issues. I have cut way back & do not take the Oxy unless I have to. I take the Percs & they work OK. I think it really doesn't matter what it is if it helps you escape from time to time. I wish I didn't have to take any meds but am glad I have a good pain doc.i don't think it's any shame in taking meds to treat pain. It just the tolerance that comes along with it that sucks.
Your right no shame in taking meds if you need them. & be grateful do have u have a good pain doc as most of us on here don't & have to suffer!! But your right tolerance does build up pretty quick & that sucks.

The gift that keeps on giving. Though I'm wondering if I should go back to considering the plague as I've suddenly started hacking my lungs out. Coughing as w/d symptom?
Yep. Coughing is a WD symptom. 0ps act as a respiratory depressant, and when you come off them you get a rebound effect. I cough like crazy.

Yep. Coughing is a WD symptom. 0ps act as a respiratory depressant, and when you come off them you get a rebound effect. I cough like crazy.
Yes, I can attest to that as well. I have always been a chronic brochitis/pneumonia sufferer, becoming very I'll about once a year. The opiates seem to keep it at bay and I am all around healthier when I'm on them. "She says as her liver is dying a slow death".

So I'm the world's biggest dork. Went to doctor, had temp of 103. Tested positive for strep throat. Guess no w/d at all the opis were just hiding the symptoms until I quit and infection had raged around unchecked.

Ooooh that's a pretty high temperature Pyxie. No wonder you feel awful. Take care and hope you are feeling better soon.

2E

same as the original poster, get lots of pks from the doc and just havent been able to stop for long time.

Hey all, I found this to be a fairly relevant post.

I'm done, I can't keep doing it anymore.  So, I went to Sams Club and bought a 400 ct of loperamide hcl(generic immodium) for about $6.  Considering the price of other helping meds like Kratom - that price is just a God send.  I first heard about that on a place called 8lue1igh+(dot)c0m.  It really works, believe it!  

Depending on how bad the w/d, I take between 10-12 pills in the beginning.  By the way, this sh*t will stick and dissolve in your mouth and that is nasty -  /default_sad.png .  Walmart carries a generic that is coated better but is about $9 for only 140.  The thing is to make sure you don't let the w/d's get too bad before you start, or it will take that much longer and that many more doses before you start to feel better.  

I say get the Loperamide for anyone seriously ready to stop.  Also make sure you get plenty of sleep!  I cannot stress enough to you how helpful that is for me.

One other thing that is helping, and this is totally selfish of me.  But maybe that's just how it has to be.  I promised myself a present if did this and stayed clear for just 2 months.  It's nothing terribly expensive, just something I've been obsessing over for a while now.   /default_biggrin.png

Good luck to us all!

@kris

Good luck. I know it will be hella hard. But you sound like you got a clear head.. You got this. I'll be checking on your progress. Best of luck bud!!

You don't have to answer if you don't want. Was it PK or Benz? I've read Benz is the hardest WD. But I hope you the best of luck... When you've been on something for so many years WDs suck so bad!! That's where I am ... Doc stopped persc leaving me in desperate need. I've been depending on zanaflex and neurot1n to help me.

No problem.   I've been off and on pks for a few years now.  So not so long as some but long enough that the ups and downs are driving me crazy.  

That's so bad True, I can't believe your dr left you high and dry like that.   Any chance you can find an understanding dr?  I sort of, kind of understand where you are at.  My wife is suffering from a failed back operation that leaves her in constant pain, I couldn't image her getting by on zana and neuro, what a freakin joke.  All the pain docs want to do anymore is shove a damn cortisone needle in your back.  That is nothing but a money machine for them.    

Have you tried mj at all?  I've heard mixed reviews for that kind of pain.  Seems like eating it worked the best.

Good luck True_Love I'll say a prayer for ya tonight.

Thanks so much. I have been on oppies 10 yrs. had been with my doctor 5 years. They just up n quit persc. Sent me to a pain clinic who don't believe in meds. Only injections. They r quacks. Yep, I'm just suffering. Scoliosis Sux!!

Hey Kris, good for you wanting to give up the pk's. I agree that the ups & downs are exhausting. It seems like there is no "normal" when on them. You're either getting/thinking about being high or sick. I learned the lope trick on here just a few months ago. It would have been nice a couple years ago when I had to go through detox a couple times. I couldn't believe how much it helped recently when my order was delayed.

I wish you the best of luck. What day was your last dose? What's your long term plans? And Don't feel selfish about the positive reinforcement. I'm curious about what your reward is. Lol. Keep us posted. There's lots of support here if you need or want it. /default_smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmy said:
Hello folks, I'm new here and not to sure if I'm posting my question in the correct thread or not but it is relevant to sub○☆○ne. I have been prescribed opiates and va[¡um for 8yrs. I stopped the vals by myself and have been free from them for 5 months now. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and i know i will never come up against anything as hard as that again in my lifetime. I have recently been trying to come off sub○x○ne and I'm now down to 2mgs/day. My doc recently went on holiday and assured me my script would be available for collection last Monday. To my surprise the chemist had no prescription for me. I have been in daily contact with my practice and no one seems to be able to help me until my doctor returns next week. I had my last 2mgs on Monday midday. I felt ok ish until Thursday evening when i became violently ill. I continued to get worse through Thursday and Friday. I could barely even move so i did something I am truly ashamed of and bought some her●in. I have smoked 0.1g each day (0.3gs in total.) My dilemma now is,i will have my sub tomorrow but I'm unsure as to how long exactly i should wait before dosing. I don't want to risk precipitated wd's. I have read that the general rule is to wait 48hrs after the last dose of opiates but due to the fact i have smoked such a small amount over 3 days i was hoping i could start the sub earlier than 48hrs from today as i know how bad i will feel even tomorrow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peace.
I think you already know the answer to your question. 48 hours if you wanna be completely safe. You can risk it at 24. But I personally don't take risks when it comes to precipitated WDs. It's up to you, though.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have decided not to make another purchase, at least for the time being. I will run out of pills tomorrow and will try to wait a full 24 hours before starting back on suboxone. The pk I'm using are short acting, so I'm not as worried as I was when I was using longer acting opiates. After experiencing precipitated withdrawal 3 times, I don't want to chance it again, so I'll wait as long as possible. My dilemma is twofold: my very real pain issues and my refills, which will be do somewhere around the 9th. More than anything, I want to get back to my "normal" life. I hate spending whole days wondering if I have enough to last through whatever event I have on the calendar that week or month. It's like instead of living life, I'm living around the drugs. It sucks, and I don't want to do it anymore.

Very depressed to find myself in this situation after 15 years clean. Day 1 will be Thursday or Friday. Keep fingers and toes crossed for me, and I'll keep you posted.

Msm- yes it can be depressing. But if you set your mind to it you WILL do this & be even stronger. Does the subs not help with the pain at all? I know being on sub was about the only time I could feel "normal". Just because I wasn't constantly wanting some kind of mood lift from a med. it was great for my depression too. Good luck. You did this before & you can do it again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back