Opiate Use

So tomorrow will be day one with no opiates. I've tapered down with what I had left, so hopefully wd won't be too horrid. I'm actually more worried about the craving. That's what'll take me out faster than anything. Keep those fingers and toes crossed, y'all. I'll keep you posted.

So tomorrow will be day one with no opiates. I've tapered down with what I had left, so hopefully wd won't be too horrid. I'm actually more worried about the craving. That's what'll take me out faster than anything. Keep those fingers and toes crossed, y'all. I'll keep you posted.
Sending positive thoughts your way! :)

Someone several posts back brought up loperamide. It worked very well for me with almost all wd symptoms. You just have to take a crazy high dose. Like 20-30mg. Do a google search on it. Takes about 2 hrs to kick in but no more cold sweats, rls, etc, or diarrhea of course....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So....being new to the opiate game, due to recently acquired pain, I started experimenting with potentiators. Tried benedryl and grapefruit juice.noticed a little difference with the graoefruit juice. Any suggestions?

So....being new to the opiate game, due to recently acquired pain, I started experimenting with potentiators. Tried benedryl and grapefruit juice.noticed a little difference with the graoefruit juice. Any suggestions?
Pixie's the expert on that subject Cat, she's like an opiate oracle : )

The old school aantihistamines all work to help. Most of them are now prescription in the US though. The newer allergy meds don't seem to work as well for it in my opinion. OTC I'd recommend Chlorpheniramine though if you can't get a script. Available at CVS. I hate the taste of grapefruit so no idea how that works. Antihistamine potentiators slightly increase sedation so be careful of driving on the mix until you know how it affects you. In my case 0pies make me energetic so the drowsy doesn't really hit until the pea kay starts fading.

I'm actually better than I thought I'd be. Made Huge mistake yesterday and accidently took 1/2 sub instead of 1/2 dilly. This was after already had taken another half of dilaudid . I thought I was going to die, for real. I just can't believe I did that. It lasted about 2 hours before I finally felt sort of normal. Ugh.

Anyway, besides some stomach issues today, I'm ok. Haven't taken any sub yet. Still too scared after yesterday. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Keep fingers and toes crossed, please.

I'm actually better than I thought I'd be. Made Huge mistake yesterday and accidently took 1/2 sub instead of 1/2 dilly. This was after already had taken another half of dilaudid . I thought I was going to die, for real. I just can't believe I did that. It lasted about 2 hours before I finally felt sort of normal. Ugh.

Anyway, besides some stomach issues today, I'm ok. Haven't taken any sub yet. Still too scared after yesterday. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Keeping everything crossed for you, fingers toes and eyes! Good luck and keep us updated.

Omg u poor thing! Glad u r okay!

I personally am a fan of both of the potentiators that you mentioned, but I lean towards the grapefruit juice, about half an hour to an hour before whatever I am trying to potentate. For whatever reason. I prefer the White Grapefruit juice as opposed to Ruby Red but I doubt there is really much difference.
I will also follow up on Wlydepixies suggestions too, just because that's what I do, I'm crazy like that. Anything to make it better.

But I feel I digress, and this is probably the wrong forum for this convo as these folks are trying to get well instead of feeling it even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had a bit of a rough day, but I. Was able to jump on subs today. I finally feel normal except for the awful cravings. I'm going to try to hit an NA meeting tomorrow. Then I have dr appt, which worries me because they want to put a permanent port in because I'm in the hospital so much. Ugh.

What is your dosage? Some people need to take a higher dose to help with cravings & then adjust down. If I had a port put in it would be bad news! Way too tempting to use.

I take 8mg of hydromorphone in the morning and anther 8 mg around 3 in the afternoon. Does the job for my pain. I was taking oxy10 mg and it did nothing. So my doctor changed it to this. A lot better now.

so i'm really embarrassed to say that i fell down. the stupidest thing was that i felt fine--no wd at all.  then i don't know what got into me, but i just had a "fuck it" moment and placed orders.  and next week, my refills come due.i feel like crap right now. i don't know why i can't turn back around. i have no will power at all! i was perfectly fine for 15 years.  then came the surgery. and then another surgery. and another and another. and then long hospitalizations with that cute little dilaudid pump.  and the effed up thing is i know that i'll be back in the hospital.  i have an ongoing medical condition that causes major pain, and it doesn't matter how much clean time you have, once that first drug goes in, you're screwed, at least for me.

sorry for the rant.  i'm just feeling really down and hateful.  

Hey msm.....

lease dont feel hateful. That is just gonna make it worse. Yes, you are in th middle of a relapse, but that is the disease of addiction. Let the guilt go! You HAVE to! You have had a really hard time health wise and you are just trying to feel better. This does not make you a bad person. Noone can take those 15 years away from you. Remember how proud you are about those 15 years. That is YOU. YOU did that and YOU can do it again. It is just not your time yet. It is so important for you to not beangry at yourself. Please promise me that you will try and let the anger go. You are worth sympathy, compassion and patience. You are smart and you know what is going on! That is so much of the battle right there. There are so many people that do not/will not understand this disease. They say "JUST STOP". They do not know what the FUCK they are talking about. They also dont know how much that hurts you.

I really really believe what I am telling you, and I know it is easier said than done. But try! I relapsed on benzos twice at th beginning of this year and that was after many many years. I think I felt the same way you do. So many of us here have felt that way. Most of us, perhaps even all of us. You are not alone and you will never be alone. And the folks that do not understand...forgive them. they are ignorant. You are ignorant until you have walked inthe addicts shoes.

Love you girl! Hang tough! We all fall down sometimes. If not, we wouldnt be human. We would be weird perfect alien beings with giantheads, andwhat fun is that?

Cat

Oh and btw.....lol on the "cute little dilaudid pump".......lol! Did you pet it and talk to it? Cuz I would have!

Msm you are in a very tough situation. I admire you very much for giving sobriety another try. Just even considering it is more than many of us could do. Especially when you talk about cute Dilaudid pumps! But honestly with your current situation maybe you should try a more realistic goal. Maybe try just taking minimal doses to keep your tolerance down so that hopefully in the future you can try again when your health is better. I don't know what you're up against medical wise so it's hard to give advice here.

Cat is absolutely right though. Those 15 years are yours and no one can take them from you. Also try to keep in mind that Drs don't hand out those pain pumps for no reason. Your hospital stays are warranted & You should never feel guilty for taking care of yourself. XOXO

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back