Tramadol

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Thanks for the response. What are your lingering PAWS symptoms these days, and how long in total have you been off tram?

And, just curious, would you describe what you were doing to detox? Tapering or going cold turkey (which would be horrifying from 36/day)? When you restarted, did you do so at a lower dose? Did it gain you anything at all?
PAWS -something I never heard of before a few months ago - still have it myself. But only once every 2 or 3 days. I don't feel "right" ever at this point. 3.5 weeks completely off all tramps. Just feel like nerve endings are stinging. Sick of this feeling. But every so often I get a major burst of energy, and I feel great. Hoping more of those happen more frequently!
You guys talk about Effexor. Isn't it difficult to stop taking? I started on Zoloft and changed to Prozac after 3 weeks. Zoloft added anxiety, but Prozac is more subtle and takes longer to help with depression. How does Effexor help? I'm sure it cannot be used at the same time as other SSRI's, but should I consider changing, or is it another rabbit hole?

Last night was the first night I feel asleep without "trying", i.e. with thought control, progressive relaxation, etc. I nodded off on the couch. Got up and went to bed and slept for over 10 hours. No assistance from drugs and with very little night sweats.

Every day in every way I'm getting better and better.
I am having great luck with 5mg melatonin. It doesn't help falling asleep, but It really helps with staying asleep. Extremely restful sleep. It's cheap and easy to find at the local stores.

Hey Hapgrl!

Glad you seem to be doing well post tram : )...

All SSRI's are a rabbit hole and all are a bitch to stop taking!.. Ironically I found the easiest one to jump on and off with the least ( and I use that term lightly) side effects/ withdrawal was and is Zoloft?... The worst for me was the devil's own little invention - Paxil!... Most members on this board will know exactly what I think of that poison!!..

Unfortunately, as technologically advanced the human race may seem to be, when it comes to treating mental illness, I fear that particular technology is severely lagging behind?...

With regard to using both Effexor & Prozac simultaneously, I personally wouldn't recommend it, as basically, they are designed to do the same job?... Although Prozac is an SSRI & Effexor is an SSNRI... However, I have read about cases where this has been prescribed as a successful treatment, even though there are a few contraindications?...

Granted, I don't think you are in the serotonin syndrome threshold unless taking large doses of each?...

My advice would be to try either or, not both together?.. However, I am no expert and apparently Doctor's know best?

**coughs**

~P~

I have read all over that effexor is the most similar to tramp as far as SSRI effects. However, I think that any of then would help and all are a bitch to get off of. I stopped taking effexor last week and hd to start again. Not the right time for me. I do suffer from GAD so perhaps I should just stay on it.

Paxil! UGH! When I switched from paxil to effexor my doc told me to "just stop" taking the Paxil for three days and then start the effexor. I wanted to kill that bitch! Never went back to her again after telling her OFF! I was laying in my bed with my hands over my ears, screaming as each "zap" coursed through my body. It was brutal! I had NO idea what was going on. for me though, i think all SSRI withdrawal would be bad.

God Phren, i feel your pain.

My doctor has had me try 3 different SSRI's in a couple months, can't stand them and the withdrawals are insane for what little help they are. I'd rather take b3ns@ or tr@ms or cody anyday. However of course they all of their side effects.

SSRI's are almost medieval compared to the advancements in other areas of medicine...

Mental illness is still a field of science that's ignored and misunderstood... In fact, I'm surprised they're not still prescribing leeches, or electro shock therapy?..

Granted, I understand it's much less tangible than say a broken leg, but still?... I find it highly irritating that the more effective treatments are ignored, ie: benz@'s, @piat3s, even first generation antihistamines.... I know these all come with their own pitfalls, mainly tolerance and addiction, but are SSRI's any less addictive?.. There is still withdrawal?.. Some of the side effects are fucking almost unbearable!!.. Much more pronounced than the side effects of @piat3s and B3nz0's?!.. And of course, there is still that chasm of time to even gauge their efficacy?!.. Yet, SSRI's are thrown out like smarties!!...

Worst of all, they need to try you on every fucking one of them to see which works best?!.. And by that time, your already withdrawing from about 10 different foreign chemical compounds all frequently introduced to your body, all with different half life's?!..

I am not saying these aren't a miracle pill for some people and totally respect that they do make some people's life much better?.. And for that, I am grateful, cause the less people suffering in the world, the better : )

However, I've been through the ringer on these fuckers for over 15 years and not one has justified it's almost imperceptible benefits!..

Rant over! Sorry : )

~P~

Reactions: Dru
Hey Hapgrl!

Glad you seem to be doing well post tram : )...

All SSRI's are a rabbit hole and all are a bitch to stop taking!.. Ironically I found the easiest one to jump on and off with the least ( and I use that term lightly) side effects/ withdrawal was and is Zoloft?... The worst for me was the devil's own little invention - Paxil!... Most members on this board will know exactly what I think of that poison!!..

Unfortunately, as technologically advanced the human race may seem to be, when it comes to treating mental illness, I fear that particular technology is severely lagging behind?...

With regard to using both Effexor & Prozac simultaneously, I personally wouldn't recommend it, as basically, they are designed to do the same job?... Although Prozac is an SSRI & Effexor is an SSNRI... However, I have read about cases where this has been prescribed as a successful treatment, even though there are a few contraindications?...

Granted, I don't think you are in the serotonin syndrome threshold unless taking large doses of each?...

My advice would be to try either or, not both together?.. However, I am no expert and apparently Doctor's know best?

**coughs**

~P~
Got it. I don't plan on taking the evil Paxil. I knew there was one SSRI that was horrible, but I confused it with Effexor. Prozac doesn't have major effects and is very slow to build up in the system, but it was the original SSRI and probably is easiest to come off of. Although doctor says not for a long while. No I won't take both Effexor or Prozac at the same time, just curious if it would help with the ever present PAWS that I experience. But I'm dealing with it ok. Very annoying and frustrated with the whole ordeal. Nothing a handful of tramps can't fix. I'm soooo not going there, but it sounds so good. Wish I could just turn it off.

Just wanted to say that it has been exactly one year since i quit my tramp habit for good.  It was so so so worth it.  So hard, but you guys all helped me so much.  Thank you!

I am clear about 2 weeks or so. Not feeling too bad either. Though to be fair I traded then for a mild /moderate benzo addiction. But on top of that also, no fu#!ing around on this one. 

I am clear about 2 weeks or so. Not feeling too bad either. Though to be fair I traded then for a mild /moderate benzo addiction. But on top of that also, no fu#!ing around on this one. 
@PTFC  that is great I know how hard it can be to battle these types of things and you should be proud. Pat on the back for you lol :-)

Thanks bigs! I just went for it, I had my holidays coming up too and didn't want to be abroad with a stupid PK habit, I must say the sun and massages helped immeasurably too. And swimming in the sea, it's something that makes me feel amaxing "at one " with the world. I know that's a bit clichéd,  but I feel do liberated. So I done a lot of snorkeling, and was happy. Though happy to be home now too. 

Thanks bigs! I just went for it, I had my holidays coming up too and didn't want to be abroad with a stupid PK habit, I must say the sun and massages helped immeasurably too. And swimming in the sea, it's something that makes me feel amaxing "at one " with the world. I know that's a bit clichéd,  but I feel do liberated. So I done a lot of snorkeling, and was happy. Though happy to be home now too. 
that is great it is a hard thing to do. You always have support if you need it 

that is great it is a hard thing to do. You always have support if you need it 
yeah, likewise mate! How are you feeling now yourself?  I haven't seen you complaining about any pain recently, so are things looking up? I don't mean that to sound obsequious by the way. "complain about pain". It was apparant you were suffering and it was horrible not being in a position to assist you. 

No it is still been pretty I am going through filling out the book of paper work for dis so I can get a doctor as well because I am unable to afford one I guess I have my good and bad days but my back is just plain shot it gets harder and harder to do my normal everyday functions but I have to push through and do my best

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back