Tramadol

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
From more searching, looks like Catinthehat also used Effexor to get off Tramadol, but I still haven't found any of her posts with more details.

And I found the "Herbs that have drug like affects" forum you mentioned.

Got a space heater on full blast to finally beat the chills, and I put on some loud music to find some energy during mid-day, and it's worked well.  No other pills taken, no other problems.

Sounds like you're doing great Yaw! Hats off to you for keeping with it. Never had a Tram, but I know from Cat and another friend,how hard they are to quit. Keep that heater and music blasting, you can do it!

Sorry Yabawhut, apparently your name is auto corrected to Yaw :)

I have desire to get a bottle and shove a small handful in my mouth, I just want to feel halfway functional again.
That should have been I have "little" desire.

Thank you rockytop, suzie, Roger, and 2earls for the responses. /default_smile.png

Last edited:
Last night, another 50mg Effexor, and regular dose of NyQuil before bed.  Restlessness is just a little better, but still rolled around in bed for an hour before finally going to sleep.  Shivered on and off throughout the night.  Woke up several times but didn't have much trouble getting back to sleep.

Today, Sunday, day 7, got up, had breakfast, showered, shaved and really cleaned up for the first time in a week.  Went for almost two hours before I realized I hadn't taken any Effexor.  Since I hadn't felt any of the antidepressant withdrawal effects, I decided now might be a good time to knock it down to 25mg.

As luck (?) would have it, I'm a narcoleptic (who has learned to deal with it), so that means I have some Provigil on hand.  Might take one and see what happens.

God, I would give anything to feel the way I would feel with just one Tramadol in me right now.  Today more than ever I am feeling like an honest-to-god drug addict.

Last night, another 50mg Effexor, and regular dose of NyQuil before bed. Restlessness is just a little better, but still rolled around in bed for an hour before finally going to sleep. Shivered on and off throughout the night. Woke up several times but didn't have much trouble getting back to sleep.

Today, Sunday, day 7, got up, had breakfast, showered, shaved and really cleaned up for the first time in a week. Went for almost two hours before I realized I hadn't taken any Effexor. Since I hadn't felt any of the antidepressant withdrawal effects, I decided now might be a good time to knock it down to 25mg.

As luck (?) would have it, I'm a narcoleptic (who has learned to deal with it), so that means I have some Provigil on hand. Might take one and see what happens.

God, I would give anything to feel the way I would feel with just one Tramadol in me right now. Today more than ever I am feeling like an honest-to-god drug addict.
Hang on Yabawhut!

Is the weather condusive,to walking around the block? I know it is the last thing you feel like doing but I think it might make you feel a little better for a while anyway. As far as the kratom goes there are quality vendors. I've used many but the most consistent I've found is Herbal Cafe. She is a bit more expensive but it is worth it if you want to know you are,getting quality product. It has helped me so much. Jeez WD sucks so bad. Cat thinks tram WD is worse than Benzo (which is its own kind of hell!). I really don't have any advise other than common sense stuff and possibly seeing if the combination of Effexor and kratom helps. Time will eventually take care of your symptoms but it seems to stop when you are suffering.

And I truly know what you mean by just enough to be able to function at work. Did you work last week? Maybe your friend can hold your pills and help with a slow taper. I never had enough willpower to do that with benzos, though. It is certainly the easiest way if you can do it. Not that sure many people can, though. Especially off a high dose of anything.

I'm a strong advocate of kratom as I know it has helped a lot of hard core opiate addicts get clean. Keep posting. Lots of people here to talk to.

Hang on Yabawhut!
I "had the flu" last week.  Ahem.  Without going into a lot of details, my work situation right now is perfect for what I'm doing, so there's nothing to worry about here.  I can miss more if I have to, but I don't think I will.

I did take a Provigil.  Undecided if it's really done anything for me, which is how I've always felt about it.

It's 50 degrees here, overcast, and going to rain all afternoon.  So, no to going outside.  But I've been sitting up in my office all day instead of collapsed on the couch.  I have a treadmill in an unfinished space, though, so I honestly have no good excuse.

Could you tell me more about the kratom, i.e. Herbal Cafe's web site address, how much to use, how to use it, etc?  I know little more about it than what's in the Wikipedia article.  PM if necessary (looks like I can't start new PM conversations until I get to 20 posts).

And maybe PM Catinthehat to come to this thread and advise, please.

Missing another day of work after all.  Tried last night to get some natural, unassisted sleep.  Gave up after laying there almost three hours.  If I had laid there for the remaining few hours then tried to make it work, I probably would've got myself (and someone else) killed during the drive to work.

Took a double shot of NyQuil, got maybe a total of 7.5 hours of sweaty sleep in three fitful chunks.

Realized this morning upon awakening with just very slight "brain zaps" that I missed last night's 25mg of Effexor.  Not sure if that explains the lack of easy sleep, since I had lack of easy sleep every other night too.  But at least I can see that I'm getting myself off the Effexor, too.

I mentioned there was crushing, dark depression in the first few days, but I never mentioned that it's now been replace with general emotional lability.  I guess I assumed it would be obvious.  Why else do people keep taking pills when they know it's not helping their problems?

Edit:  25mg Effexor has not stopped the brain zaps, so I'm taking another 25mg.

Last edited:
Hey there! Omg you poor thing, i know EXACTLY how you are feeling. But I tell you.....if you get that script filled I will hunt you down and give you the stink Eye. JK but you are going through the worst of it now. You can quit and let me tell you that it is the best feeling in the world! I never thought I could. Do it how you need to. You CAN.

There are two threads on tramadol here and all of my posts about my battle are there. I wish I had more time....or was on a desktop computer to I could copy and paste links. Use the search function to find the other thread. Kratom is an excellent choice for helping with wd symptoms. Exercise and hot baths. I had to force myself to exercise and it was really hard, but it is the most helpful thing.

I will check back later. I am so sorry I missed your posts. I am usually on the forum every day but life threw me a lil curve ball the last couple of days.

Big giant HUGS!

Yaba... I have been hesitant to say this but here it is.  If you can get your hands on some temgesic .2mg. subs it could help tremendously with the withdrawals and you wouldn't have to worry about going to work, etc.    My experience was it completely erased w/d's when I was quitting a combination of trams and vikes.  The trick is to only take as little as possible and for as short time as possible.  You wouldn't even need to take anything else or I didn't.  One in the a.m. and one before bed and then when you are pretty sure you are over the w/d's from the trams then quickly taper off the temgesic and you are done with the whole mess.

I was getting vikes online back before the Height act and it was prescribed by a dr. and the script went to a pharmacy and they mailed it to you... those were the old days.  Back then I discovered that taking a tram with a vike made it last almost twice as long.    At first when I would take a tram with it the vike would last 6+ hours and I was so smug with my little discovery.  This went on for a while and then, it seemed like overnight, the opposite started happening and I believe it was because of the trams.  Suddenly it was only good for 2hrs and then 1 and 1/2 before I started feeling horrible w/d's... much worse than when it was only vikes.  I knew if I doubled the amount of vikes or trams to two it would solve the problem but I also knew that was a road I didn't want to go down because it would only get worse and I'd have to face the problem sooner or later.  I went to a sub doctor and ended up being on them for way too long.  If I knew then what I know now I would have stopped the sub after a month.

Ooooh god I am dead inside.  Energy is completely unavailable to me.  Anything and everything takes an enormous force of will.

I can't find the strength to read the last two messages and understand them right now.

Still trying to decide if it's inevitable if I'll have to take 1/4ths or 1/8ths when they arrive, or maybe go to the doctor and confess to get help.

Last edited:
Hey there! Omg you poor thing, i know EXACTLY how you are feeling. But I tell you.....if you get that script filled I will hunt you down and give you the stink Eye. JK but you are going through the worst of it now. You can quit and let me tell you that it is the best feeling in the world! I never thought I could. Do it how you need to. You CAN.
Still can't find the other thread.  How long did it take for you to be able to function again?  How long before your PAWS ended?

Couple hours ago I came across information about using loperamide hydrochloride (aka Immodium), possibly in combination with ranitidine (aka Zantac) to stop opiate WD symptoms.  I don't have the Zantac on hand, but I do have plenty of Immodium for the screamin-meemie shits.

I took 16mg (4 full cups of the liquid), and...  Slowly, my back stopped hurting.  I laid down and and fell sleep within five minutes and had a blissful nap.  I still wouldn't say I feel good, but I sure do feel better.

Holy shit, sometimes miracles do happen.

I have zero worries about resulting constipation because, well, I've already been dealing with constipation for about a year from the Tramadol I was guzzling.

Last edited:
Damn, i cannot cut and paste, but the other tramp thread is in the "all about fighting pain" section. That is wonderful that the loperamide helped you. I hope to check back in later. Xoxoxoxo

Loperamide isn't going to be a magic fix.  It's going to get me a night's sleep tonight, but I can't keep taking it.  Evidence is mounting that it's addictive and tolerance grows just as with any other opioid.  There's no escaping some pain in withdrawing, one way or another.

Here's the blog of someone who mega-used loperamide and paid a big price:

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/

She's the subject of a recent journal article about the use of high-doses of loperamide.  Everything there is worth reading.

You are correct. It isn't a magic cure and can't use lope long term and on high doses. But you CAN do a quick lope taper while your body is getting used to no trams. Cut 2 mgs a day from whatever lope dose gives you a bit of relief.

That's what I was thinking also Roger.  I took the equivalent of 8 lope pills for today's effect.  I never got to feeling good (never mind euphoric), I just stayed feeling a little better, and that would've been enough to keep me from popping a Tram if I'd had one.

Took 25mg Effexor and am off to bed.

That's what I was thinking also Roger. I took the equivalent of 8 lope pills for today's effect. I never got to feeling good (never mind euphoric), I just stayed feeling a little better, and that would've been enough to keep me from popping a Tram if I'd had one.

Took 25mg Effexor and am off to bed.
At least you had some relief. If I were you (I HAVE been you but not trams) I would use the same about today; drop 2 mgs tomorrow and continue dropping every day or every other day. Using it in that way won't have long term negative consequences.

Hope you slept okay and have a tolerable day today!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back