Tramadol

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Hey hapgirl and rockytop,

You both have described my need for tramadol as well. I couldnt do anyting without it. Hap, i have suffered from depression and anxiety my whole life. I so relate to both of your posts, pretty much everything you said. Tramp is such a double edged sword due to opiate and anti depressant qualities. I thought I found Jesus when I started abusing it. But it does skew your version of life without it too.

God, I am so so grateful for the comraderie and support this forum has awarded me. You guys are both amazing and I wish you nothing but the very best

Last edited:
so what are the brain zaps people talk about?!  I remember sometimes i'd get like body convulsions in mornings like when i'm in REM sleep)...like your leg spasms, but whole body at once....not very often, but occasionally.  But i never got that from tapering or wd'ing...so i'm curious what the "brain zaps" are all about that people get?
Rocky,

The brain zaps are like electrical shocks in your head. I get them from ssri and tramp w/d. It literaly feels like y are getting shocked. Like a kind of buzzing, quickly, inside your head. It is VERY unpleasant but doesnt hurt. When my doc told me to stop taking paxil for four days, i had em so bad i was literally laying in my bed, screaming. I had NO idea what was going on. They are awful and I am s glad you didnt get them!

oh, thanks cat...so you would say those are definitely different from the "eye clicking"?   lol

Totally relate to doing things you would not want to do-- like attending a band concert at middle school. Now I'm suffering with the rest of the parents, lol.
thanks for the update on your situation.  I feel horrible for you.  hang in there.  I'm also wondering since you are at such a low dosage right now, if you've thought about just going ahead and going cold turkey.  It seems like you're going to get the bad w/d's either way so why not just take the dive?   I understand about your Dr. and small community.  The physical part is rough right now and you'll make it through it with flying colors. I'm kind of struggling with the psych side of it...missing the feeling those lil buggers gave me.   prayers with you!

I find the 'brain zaps' more prevelant in SSRI withdrawal... Especially from the most evil pill ever invented: Paxil!!

Horrific fucking drug!... I cannot emphasise how much I hate Paxil!!

If the devil existed and made a drug, that would be it!!
My husband has been on Paxil many years now. While they did help him with their intended effect, he is more dependant on them than I am on opiates. If he misses 1 dose he is immediately ill. He will probably always have to take them so I hope they don't have long term complications.

Sorry for the hi-jack, now back to the Tramps....

My husband has been on Paxil many years now. While they did help him with their intended effect, he is more dependant on them than I am on opiates. If he misses 1 dose he is immediately ill. He will probably always have to take them so I hope they don't have long term complications.

Sorry for the hi-jack, now back to the Tramps....
I cannot vouch for any long term effects, but I was on Paxil for about 6 years!

Granted, they did alleviate some of my symptoms, but the side effect trade off was far too great...

I have never taken anything that my body, brain or soul disagreed with so much!... And the w/d's equalled any opiate w/d's... In fact they were up there in the same circle of hell as Benz@ w/d's!!

Grrrrrr!!... It makes me angry that this particular pill is the first line of the doctors SSRI defence in the UK?!

Anyone would think they are being paid to prescribe Paxil?

*sarcastic wink**

thanks for the update on your situation. I feel horrible for you. hang in there. I'm also wondering since you are at such a low dosage right now, if you've thought about just going ahead and going cold turkey. It seems like you're going to get the bad w/d's either way so why not just take the dive? I understand about your Dr. and small community. The physical part is rough right now and you'll make it through it with flying colors. I'm kind of struggling with the psych side of it...missing the feeling those lil buggers gave me. prayers with you!
I'm sure I could do that, but I really need to take a few weeks off to go through the final stages. I have 2 weeks off at Christmas so I feel I could try to get down to 1/2 pill before that. I know that seems so slow of a taper, and it might be my mental state, but last time I tried to taper I failed because I had too much work to do and the fatigue was too much to stay at work. I also know my body can start back it's own endorphins slowly, if given time. It's already happening on some days. Rocky, don't miss it the feeling. Celebrate the win! - your healthier. You can do it. I hate them. I hate being chained to them. I'm on the course- just have to do it in my timeline. Need to get started on Zoloft first so I don't totally lose the battle of depression and anxiety. I know SSRI's work. I just should have never started these damn things. Love the feedback:) thanksðŸ™

right on hap.  Just when i was taking them, even tapering, i found that 50m a day coming down from so many was pretty much the same as nada...but everyone is different!   keep your chin up!

right on hap.  Just when i was taking them, even tapering, i found that 50m a day coming down from so many was pretty much the same as nada...but everyone is different!   keep your chin up!
I know you are right about that, but I think it's my crutch.  Like ---if I give it up completely, then I can't go backwards.  I take 3 -1/2 pills (25mgs) each meal. I still have pain when I miss my 1/2 pill at lunch, and it is severe.  Crazy, right?   It might be all in my head, but the aching is all consuming and I can't work.   I truly think this is an evil evil dr^g that my body really craves.

just checking in....how are you doing hapgrl?   While you are tapering, the 25 mg can't be doing much for your pain.  are you able to take something else for that?    I still think a lot is in your head girl!    25mg is like nothing at all coming down from a heavy dosage for a while.  I'm wondering if you try to take a couple IBprof's with meal instead of 25mg tr@mp if that you would even know the diff?   just sayin' /default_smile.png   hang in there and holler if you need some support!

Funny you say ibuprofen. I have taken it instead of the evening dose several times this past week. Doesn't help with the sleep, but my aching does curb almost completely. I do have arthritis and take nothing for it. With my past, I've been afraid to see my former rheumatologist doctor for it (it's been 10 years). It's truly possible that the tramps are completely warranted for my diagnosed Mild-moderate Rheumatoid arthritis. Perhaps it's why the aches won't go away. To be honest, been afraid to see any doctor for fear of being "outed". I feel like my dose is so low now, I could just admit to taking it "from a friend" and it helps. I know about other meds that are for RA, and mine flares up every so often. Sometimes really mild (toes don't bend or fit in shoes/fingers can't grasp anything, etc) and sometimes moderate and I can't walk without looking like a gimp because my knees and hips are inflamed. But I question if the new meds would be worse for addict10n. I can't take more than a few doses of Advil every week, due to rebound headaches and stomach pains. So rockytop, I'm in a pickle. But right now, mentally, I'm awesome. I feel in control and confident about seeing a doctor now and not feeling like I'm a big mess. I'm also confident that if I am given new meds, I can safely tell my husband to control them for me. He is such a good guy, he won't even ask why, he will just know I need it controlled and support me. We've been married almost 25 years and sometimes things don't need to be spoken out loud to understand.

Got my psych appointment next week, too. I don't feel afraid anymore and I'm starting to even walk my dog everyday (except when my feet are on fire-ha). I'm pretty damn determined, but also very stubborn. Obvious, right?

whew...long week.  So nice to hear your updates Hap. I hope your psych appt goes good.  Nice that your hubby is supportive.   I'm doing good.  About three months so far....but i'm struggling.   It's an ongoing mental battle once you are past the physical addiction.  Any addict knows that your mind can talk you into stupid sh*t.  My mind is telling me that i should get a script because i jacked my knee up and am in pain and plus holidays are busy for me at work and i could use the extra "boost" those little bastards give.    So far i've held the upper hand....but i'm sure glad that the drug is now scheduled in U.S.  If i could get it easy two or three days from now it would make it a lot worse fighting............yeah, and i know i could probably figure out a way here on this forum but i'm holding back that temptation as well!  /default_smile.png    

Keep holding rockytop! If you need a lil energy boost, maybe try a little kratom? If you visit the "herbs that have drug like effects" thread you canread our recent reviews. We have such a nice group of people here usong kratom to replace some hard drugs and the benefits are great. As always, you must be careful and only take occasionally, but it may help through the holidays! Love you!

Where IS you hapgirl?

Omg i just realized...Monday it will be five months for me..i think. Ok now i gotta check....lol

I'm here😀ðŸ‘

Still stuck at 1 & every other day, 1 1/2. Going to hang out here for a while. Still planning on Christmas when I take 2 weeks off work and can afford to face my problems. I'm convinced I still have w/d symptoms. I've decided i'm really psychologically add1cted to putting a pill in my mouth. Scare to give up entirely-

I never mentioned this before-but I gave up smoking April this year. Had to pick up vaping (0 mg) because I needed to pretend I was still smoking. I'm starting to think I need a sugar pill to replace the tramp pill. But I can't fool myself, lol. I'll get there- still have the control. Perhaps that's what is making me so happy. I seriously have issues with these damn things. Probably because of the amount of time I was taking them. I have a habit of having a habit. Need to replace it with a healthier habit. Anyone else out there besides us 3 or 4 on this forum trying to dump tramps?

Keep holding rockytop! If you need a lil energy boost, maybe try a little kratom? If you visit the "herbs that have drug like effects" thread you canread our recent reviews. We have such a nice group of people here usong kratom to replace some hard drugs and the benefits are great. As always, you must be careful and only take occasionally, but it may help through the holidays! Love you!
i was noticing many things in nootropics to help with energy. I'm going to poke around more and see if anything out there helps with energy but doesn't have physical add1ction or dependence. No highs, no lows, just energy.

whew...long week. So nice to hear your updates Hap. I hope your psych appt goes good. Nice that your hubby is supportive. I'm doing good. About three months so far....but i'm struggling. It's an ongoing mental battle once you are past the physical addiction. Any addict knows that your mind can talk you into stupid sh*t. My mind is telling me that i should get a script because i jacked my knee up and am in pain and plus holidays are busy for me at work and i could use the extra "boost" those little bastards give. So far i've held the upper hand....but i'm sure glad that the drug is now scheduled in U.S. If i could get it easy two or three days from now it would make it a lot worse fighting............yeah, and i know i could probably figure out a way here on this forum but i'm holding back that temptation as well! /default_smile.png
I hope your doing ok rocky. The mental depression is why I can't stop completely. The last time I tapered quicker (in a 3 month span) I got so depressed, I started right back. Hang in there. Are you taking an antidepressant? I'm praying that will be the magic bullet for me. I know I'll still want to upper feeling of the tramps, but I definitely need a replacement for the serotonin and endorphin drop.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back