Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
I want an eye llift too Rog! I keep holding my cheek meat back and looking in the mirror and i want a facelift too.

I will try and take a shot of my collection this weekend when I have some friggin time. My statistics class is killin me today! Ugh.

Does anyone use anything good to tighten the skin?

Last edited:
I am very excited about this topic. Early in the thread there was talk of acne and problem skin. Unfortunately that is something I know a lot about. Adult acne has been the worst thing for my confidence and I have had it now for 11 years. I just found an amazing product for moderate to seviere acne. Its from Gunilla of Sweeden and its their Lerosett clay face mask. It pulls out every nasty toxin living and breeding in your pores. It has been the best thing I have ever used. Once a week I use a repair peeling gel from Obey Your Body. My skin has never been so healthy.
So where did you buy this"peeling gel" and how expensive was it?

Last edited:
Shelle I bought at a vendor in our mall for $30. Unfortunately they closed down. On their website it retails for 198.00 and I can't afford that but I do know they sell their products on Amazon. I wish I would have stocked up.

This thread rocks! Thanks Cat for getting it started!

I understand ages and stages require different treatments - but I'll share my beauty secrets for ALL ages!

Water! Drink it often and make it your only beverage (except wine and coffee, of course!). From sunup to sundown - drink as much water as possible. It's a great filter for your entire body and doesn't cost anything! Prost!

Coconut oil! I'll post more details about the benefits of coconut oil in a follow-up post - but it''s a staple in my diet and beauty regime. I use it to cook, use it for dental care, um...deodorant, hair care, enzyme protection, facial toner, etc. Coconut oil has a vast variety of uses - it's an amazing product that can be purchased organic for about $10-15 at most natural food stores. And it'll last a long time - because a little goes a long way! Usually one/two 12ozs jars is all that is needed for an entire year!

Organic! Organic, ladies!!! No chemicals! If you can't read the fourth ingredient on your shampoo bottle...time to reconsider options. I prefer Onesta Brand for shampoo/conditioner (on Amazon), Also. Devita facial lotion and eye cream are amazing!

I do like the powder cover-up and neutral eyeshadow from Clinque. It works fine - but I have noticed some flaky results after applying...and would like to find another brand!

I guess my biggest question is whether home recipes are worth the hype. I've made bug spray, astringents, perfumes, toothpaste - but it's hit or miss compared to the store brands.

Thanks beautiful ladies!

Bloom

Blooooooooooooooooomie! I knew you would be on here! You are one of the "so pretty" people I was taking about. You have such delicate features and such pretty hair! Confession, I have saved your profile pics to my photo album cuz i just love seeing you hugging your daughter....weird I know....but honest. You guys are so cute. I haved saved several peoples pics! Lol! Suzie, Pokey, Teal and even Yellowbelly, lol!

I LOVE coconut oil. My stepdaughter has just turned me on to it for my hair. I have a lot of hair (starting to thin at the crown area) but the strands are very fine. I can blow dry it out so pretty, but with all of the perspiring i do (thanks menopause and thyroid) my hair is a frizz bomb ALL of the time. I seriously look like bozo the clown. Now that my hair is shorter, it is REALLY bad. When it is not soaking wet, that is. The coconut oil, when applied with my hair still wet, seems to help it. I have only tried it once and i dont think I used enough to tell you the truth. I would normally use ABBA hair and skin lotion, and they stopped making it years ago. I am on my last bottle.......nooooooooooooooooo!

I love Oil of Olay stick foundation. It is cooling, which I really like. AND SUPER moisturizing. I apply it over primer (serious skin care "A" primer) and blend and I get the sheerness tht I like. If i dont use the primer right before, it doesnt spread really well. It really pissed me off when Oil of Olay discontinued their make up in the US. it was only here for a couple of years and they stopped carrying it in 2001. I get it on ebay from the UK. I vary foundations quite a bit, but I always use one since I was about 45.

One thing that i am having a really hard time living without is Estee Lauders Advanced Night Repair Serum. It is 85 bucks for a two ounce bottle. I have used that stuff for years and years. I layer serums big time. I used to use that day and night. It makes your skin SO soft and clear. A bottle would last me six months though. You literally just need a drop. I really can tell the difference now that I cannot afford it. Otter is so sweet about buying me skin care stuff, but I absolutely do not want to be "high maintenance" for him....so I no longer get it. It SUCKS. Another thing I cannot live without is Avon Anew "clearly C" serum. They stopped making it. There is one on ebay for about fifty bucks and I am not buying it. I MUST have vitamin C serum for clarity. My fair skin gets really muddy looking without it. I have been experimenting with other C serums but none have even come close to doing what that did for me.

Ok enough bitching. Lol!

Incidentally, did you guys hear that Dr. brandt passed away? Skin care innovation right there. I have used several of his products and they were awesome......just really expensive. RIP Dr. Brandt and thank you!

Cat brings up one of my worst problems. Sweating. Not my armpits like normal people (deodorant works fine for that area). It's my head! Specifically around my hairline on my forehead. It's so embarrassing and we have 90° plus all summer.

I've heard ads on the radio for sweat treatments, but they talk about armpits. I wonder if this is something I can get for my face? Has anyone heard about this?

I'm going to try and research it. I resort to wearing headbands a lot in the summer, but I can start sweating in the dead of winter. Help!

I second that request! It seems like the more water i drink, the more i sweat. I feel parched most of the time. It sucks.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. I am always hot! And sweat the same way as you twirls. It drives me crazy. I've just learned to deal with it but I think I'm going to start researching if there's anything I can do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. I am always hot! And sweat the same way as you twirls. It drives me crazy. I've just learned to deal with it but I think I'm going to start researching if there's anything I can do about it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it sucks, especially after you do your hair nice and the next thing you know it's limp and soggy. I'm always sweating bullets at the MG counter. Doesn't help me look cool, calm and collected!

I carry a Japanese fan in my purse, really comes in handy

I carry a Japanese fan in my purse, really comes in handy
Haha I have a battery operated one that hangs on a string around my neck that I try to dry my sweaty hair with. I bet the guys reading this are really getting "hot". Lol

I am very excited about this topic. Early in the thread there was talk of acne and problem skin. Unfortunately that is something I know a lot about. Adult acne has been the worst thing for my confidence and I have had it now for 11 years. I just found an amazing product for moderate to seviere acne. Its from Gunilla of Sweeden and its their Lerosett clay face mask. It pulls out every nasty toxin living and breeding in your pores. It has been the best thing I have ever used. Once a week I use a repair peeling gel from y. My skin has never been so healthy.

Are these the items, nicole??????? cheap on da ebay!

Aj for some reason the pictures are not showing up on my end of the thread!
I take that back the Lirosette is the right stuff. The peeling gel is different. In unfortunately I m not good with computers or I would put it on here. When I get home I will take a picture.

I take that back the Lirosette is the right stuff. The peeling gel is different. In unfortunately I m not good with computers or I would put it on here. When I get home I will take a picture.
Okay thanks for your response  I sent you a PM with links from ebay for these two products. sooooo glad I asked to confirm before purchasing either !

Cat brings up one of my worst problems. Sweating. Not my armpits like normal people (deodorant works fine for that area). It's my head! Specifically around my hairline on my forehead. It's so embarrassing and we have 90° plus all summer.

I've heard ads on the radio for sweat treatments, but they talk about armpits. I wonder if this is something I can get for my face? Has anyone heard about this?

I'm going to try and research it. I resort to wearing headbands a lot in the summer, but I can start sweating in the dead of winter. Help!
Botox is used under the arm pits for sweating so I don't know why it wouldn't work for sweating on your hairline! I love me a tad of Botox between the eyes---NOT that crazy too much Botox look though. Just enough to keep me from looking mad when I'm not. I think they call it the Bitchy Resting Face! Ha! Anyway, maybe a little Botox would help. Now, it won't keep you from sweating when you work out (I sweat like a man when I run or ride a bike) but maybe with everyday normal sweating??? Worth an ask anyway.

@roger I bet that is what they were advertising on the radio. How long does it last when you have it done?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back