Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
My GF gets eyelash extensions and they look fabulous but such a commitment of time and money. I'm going to get them for my next long vacation to feel glamorous. Sadly I have a while to wait for that /default_sad.png

you are so much braver than i could ever be 2earls. i would be scared to death having fibres glued to my eyelashes, i know that sounds ridiculous to be scared of.  everyone i know that gets them gets really dramatic ones that aren't very flattering; i'm sure your GF has better taste (nd looks more natural) than the local ladies here that get eyelash extensions (i live in a place full of "new money" people and they love some ridiculously fake eyelashes/ HD brows/ spray tan on top of real tanning/ really bad lacefronts with extensions/ bolt on titties that don't look remotely realistic.)

Well, it didn't occur to me to be afraid. My GF has big eyes and she can actually handle the dramatic ones. I certainly could not as I'm not blessed with big beautiful eyes and I don't want to look silly, or like I'm ready for the stage.

I agree there's a fine line between enhanced and overdone. Bolt on titties lol, that's a good one!

Hi Bunny ! about that lancome liner...is it pure liquid?? I am not capable of using a liquid liner like from a pen, and am looking for one that is not too runny.

yay i found the girly thread!

products i cannot live without

- lancome artliner liquid eyeliner in gris/grey (perfect for hazel eyes and fair skinned people that don't wear black makeup.) completely non-irritating, doesn't budge, and easy to remove with soap and water.

- MUFE pro finish powder foundation (excellent coverage, natural looking, fantastic shade variety, i use neutral porcelain)

- nyx HD studio finishing powder (this sets everything and does not irritate my skin or clog my pores at all.)

- V05/alberto balsam coconut conditioner (i co-wash my hair as it is very long, only shampoo once a month. inexpensive, does the job, and smells lovely without clashing with my perfumes)

- nip+fab glycolic fix pads / olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir (chemical exfoliants that prevent ageing of the skin and tackle hormonal acne.)

- clinique deep comfort body lotion, aloe pura aloe vera gel, and johnsons bedtime baby lotion. (these are my go-to body moisturisers)

- SBC collagen gel (i use this as my facial moisturiser year round, either alone or under kiehl's oil free gel in winter)

- MAC eyeshadow in "brule" & "mylar" (both are satin finish, very natural looking) / eyebrow pencil in "fling" (very light & no red tones!)

- EOS lip balm in vanilla mint or strawberry. (these two specific formulas transform my chapped lips in to gorgeous lips overnight! none of the other EOS lip balms i've tried perform as well for me as these 2 for some reason)

I have a product i'm loving !
These Almay Q-tips with makeup remover inside. You just break the Q-tip where the line is, then the liquid drains down to the other tip at the other end. I use them every day - find them in drugstores, walmart, target, etc.

Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, I just half-ass my eyeliner or get my mascara smudgey, then I go back with one of these and make it look perfect !

About $5

These Almay Q-tips with makeup remover inside. You just break the Q-tip where the line is, then the liquid drains down to the other tip at the other end. I use them every day - find them in drugstores, walmart, target, etc.

Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, I just half-ass my eyeliner or get my mascara smudgey, then I go back with one of these and make it look perfect !

About $5

That's a great product! I'm going to buy them Friday when I go shopping because my current method is a little spit on the end of a Q-tip. This is way more lady like.

Hi Bunny ! about that lancome liner...is it pure liquid?? I am not capable of using a liquid liner like from a pen, and am looking for one that is not too runny.

- lancome artliner liquid eyeliner in gris/grey (perfect for hazel eyes and fair skinned people that don't wear black makeup.) completely non-irritating, doesn't budge, and easy to remove with soap and water.

​it is indeed a liquid liner, however i find the formula superior to other liquid liners precisely because it does not run, smear, smudge, etc. it has a felt tip applicator wand rather than a bristly, thin fiberous paintbrush applicator - it is pretty much fool-proof.  for years i used the loreal superliner liquid liner but they seem to have stopped making shades other than black where i live, so i tried the lancome artliner and pretty much haven't looked back.  lancome dries faster and is significantly less "wet" feeling during application despite gliding on like a dream.

what type of eyeliner are you used to using? pencils? twist-up solid "pens"?  potted gel/cream? even though it feels like i'm wasting money every time i sharpen them, the urban decay 24/7 glide-on eyeliner pencils are amazing, just wish they made more matte shades.  i've also found the maybelline color tattoo potted creams excellent as eyeliners providing you have a proper liner brush (just steer clear of any of the purple ones as they are notorious for lacking in pigment and drying out whilst sealed on the shelves in stores - same with revlon colorstay eyeliner in "amethyst"; the rest of the revlon colorstay eyeliner collection is darn good for the price but it does tug a little at the skin.)

Hi Bunny !

Wow that is some helpful information ! I am currently using smashbox gel in a pot with a smashbox brush. I enjoy the process of using the brush but i think i'd get a cleaner line with a liquid like you describe. I love Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner, but its only available in black...and it's a very hard black.

I lovvveee Lancome in general, I'm thinking of buying this liner. I got a "travel" Lancome makeup kit in an airport once and loved every single item inside of it.

Also I was actually JUST eyeballing those Urban Decay glide on pens...was skeptical but hmmmmm....And I have a maybelline pot of "eggplant aubergine" ! Guess i need to use it up while it's still purple !

​it is indeed a liquid liner, however i find the formula superior to other liquid liners precisely because it does not run, smear, smudge, etc. it has a felt tip applicator wand rather than a bristly, thin fiberous paintbrush applicator - it is pretty much fool-proof.  for years i used the loreal superliner liquid liner but they seem to have stopped making shades other than black where i live, so i tried the lancome artliner and pretty much haven't looked back.  lancome dries faster and is significantly less "wet" feeling during application despite gliding on like a dream.

what type of eyeliner are you used to using? pencils? twist-up solid "pens"?  potted gel/cream? even though it feels like i'm wasting money every time i sharpen them, the urban decay 24/7 glide-on eyeliner pencils are amazing, just wish they made more matte shades.  i've also found the maybelline color tattoo potted creams excellent as eyeliners providing you have a proper liner brush (just steer clear of any of the purple ones as they are notorious for lacking in pigment and drying out whilst sealed on the shelves in stores - same with revlon colorstay eyeliner in "amethyst"; the rest of the revlon colorstay eyeliner collection is darn good for the price but it does tug a little at the skin.)

Hi Bunny !

Wow that is some helpful information ! I am currently using smashbox gel in a pot with a smashbox brush. I enjoy the process of using the brush but i think i'd get a cleaner line with a liquid like you describe. I love Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner, but its only available in black...and it's a very hard black.

I lovvveee Lancome in general, I'm thinking of buying this liner. I got a "travel" Lancome makeup kit in an airport once and loved every single item inside of it.

Also I was actually JUST eyeballing those Urban Decay glide on pens...was skeptical but hmmmmm....And I have a maybelline pot of "eggplant aubergine" ! Guess i need to use it up while it's still purple !

​no worries - cosmetics, beauty products, and perfumes are my area of research / interest.  i'm actually in the process of creating my own linen spray; i've been using luca turin's books as well as jean claude elena's book to guide the process.  eventually i hope to make my own perfume, i'm considering moving to Grasse for the 5 year course in perfume construction.  worked in cosmetics for years before getting certified for pilates instruction so i've a bunch of information stuck in my head forever that i'm happy to pass along. 

i love smashbox in general but i do wish they'd cater to people with pale, neutral toned skin.  i find myself gazing at all the colors for ages.  their halo powder is fantastic but i found that nyx makes a dupe that really does perform better than the smashbox, imagine that, and for 1/3rd of the price! 

the only thing about urban decay eyeliners is that 98% of them have glitter particles in them (which is why you get that amazing duochrome effect.) some people with sensitive eyes will not like that as the particles can get stuck in places like the inner corner (depending on how you apply) or the outer corner.  i typically suggest loreal and lancome eyeliners for people with sensitive eyes, and urban decay for people that aren't prone to irritation.  clinique can be hit or miss, same as mac; their quality control has changed significantly since they were both bought out in recent years.  some of their products from the same line (different colors of the same type of eyeliner, for example) can smear which i'll never understand.  the "metropolis" eyeliner pen/cil from mac is a gorgeous blue toned grey that glides on effortlessly; unfortunately unless you set it with a powder it will transfer on your lids after about 6-8 hours of wear (even using an eye primer did not prevent transfer but using the nyx setting powder did thankfully.)  i still think the mac fluidline pen/cils are great as you don't waste any product by sharpening and they do not tug at the skin whatsoever, but don't let them tell you the stuff doesn't transfer because it most certainly does, and requires a setting powder. i've never had any transfer or irritation issues from revlon's colorstay eyeliners but they do tug at the skin.

i totally feel you on not wanting to wear really dark, black eyemakeup.  it looks gorgeous on some and awful on others; i fall in to the latter category. 

as for the pots of maybelline color tattoo, i found that if you store them upside down with the lid on tight they don't dry out as fast.  no idea why that is, but it works.

while i'm at it, i'm going to do a "products i regret buying" post, so i can hopefully save some of you some money.

1) real techniques silicon eyeliner brush.  now i love the RT brush collection in general and had high hopes for this liner brush. sadly it does not pick up enough product to do anything worthwhile; you'll need to reapply product to this thing constantly and the coverage is patchy at best. tried with liquid, gel, cream liners, as well as wetting it and using eyeshadow.  it doesn't even work well as a lip liner, can't even use it to apply thin lines of highlighter, it's that useless at picking up product.  it is precise, but using this brush inevitably means you'll be taking much longer to do your makeup.  this is the first fail from the real techniques line i've tried.

2) stila kitten highlighter duo.  this product is meant to take the place of the much beloved, discontinued "10" by benefit cosmetics.  all i can say is for the price, the fallout is crazy with this product.  i don't personally use it on myself, i bought it for doing event makeup and i couldn't believe the way this stuff just fell all over client's faces even with the slightest of hand and tapping of the brush before application.  not the best offering from stila.  thankfully my enthusiastic 13 year old neighbor wanted it so it's out of my work kit.  i see her wearing it sometimes and she looks like a disco ball; she'll run up to me and say "look at how i contoured and highlighted my cheeks today!" bless her, she's happy and at that age when being shiny is fun.

3) revlon colorstay eyeliner in "amethyst." (very pale purple bordering on lavender) this doesn't show up very well at all, even with repeated applications.  if you want a very pastel purple lining your eyes this might be ideal, but the coverage is patchy and you'll have to work really hard to get it even.  it also balls up as you reapply/go over the same area, which kind of defeats the purpose because again, patchy coverage.  i've never used an eyeliner that balled up on me before so this was new territory. 

4) sally hansen insta-dri in "scene steel-er." (muted neutral grey)  this is probably down to personal preference but i find the very wide brush gives less control and adds too much polish to each layer.  this also bubbled as it dried despite the fact that i did not shake it at all.  i expect most quick dry formulas to have their issues, but this particular formula + the wide brush just made for a very unflattering look. i also found it did not dry as quickly as advertised (it was very tacky for quite some time), this is no doubt down to the fact that the huge fan brush picks up loads of polish.  i even scraped the sides of the brush really well in an effort to apply this in thin layers and all it did was deposit loads of color on one part of the nail, so i'd have to go back in to the bottle to finish the nail i was working on which lead to dragging in the polish.  does not self-level very well.  i don't know if it's because of the type of grey pigment they use for this particular shade but out of the 4 SH insta-dri polishes i have tried this was the most disappointing.  the very next day it chipped and peeled like crazy. i took one lukewarm shower and when i came out the edges were peeling up and they had chipped in strange places like the center of the nail.  i use a damn good basecoat (and topcoat) for all my manicures and never in my entire life have i seen a polish peel in the shower 20 hours after application.

5) freederm sensitive face wash for acne prone skin.  this stuff does not remove makeup at all. in fact it barely removes anything from your face but it does leave it feeling "squeaky clean" to the touch which is just bizarre.  i now use this after using a different facial cleanser that does remove my non-waterproof makeup, just to use it up and get rid of it (i always double cleanse the face if i've worn makeup.)  it's got ingredients meant to help with inflammation and redness. i can't vouch for that as i've no redness, i bought this after having a nasty breakout from another product thinking it would help calm things down.  it did sweet fuck all, except cost me more than a face wash should.  perhaps i'm not the target audience for this product?

so ladies, what products do you regret buying?

Also Cat I AM LOVING THESE AVON GYLCOLIC PEELS ! ! !!! ! !

/default_smile.png

Hi there!  Is the Avon Glycolic Peel you are talking about in a gel form that you put on your face or is it in a pad that you swipe on your face?  It sounds great and I would love to try it.  What is the exact Avon Glycolic Product you are using?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

About $5

Thanks for the info on these Almay Q Tips.  They look great!   I've been looking for something like this and had no idea that Almay made something like this.  You can't beat that price plus Almay makes good products.   I'll check Walmart and Target for them.  Thanks again for the info!  /default_smile.png

Hi Everyone!  I have very dry, chapped lips and am looking for New Products to try to help with this problem.  I have the problem year around -- it never goes away.  I was wondering if anyone out there has found a great product they like that might help with my chapped lips.  I'm so tired of suffering with this problem.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!  /default_smile.png

Hi Everyone!  I have very dry, chapped lips and am looking for New Products to try to help with this problem.  I have the problem year around -- it never goes away.  I was wondering if anyone out there has found a great product they like that might help with my chapped lips.  I'm so tired of suffering with this problem.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!  /default_smile.png
​i use aquaphor for babies a&d ointment on my lips overnight to heal chapping, and use a lip balm with spf during the daytime to prevent sun damage / keep lips moist.  loads of people also swear by vaseline lip balms in the little round pots - i tried vaseline lip balm with cocoa butter and it was good but i personally felt the results from the a&d ointment were better, healed things faster and didn't melt all over my face overnight - your results may vary. i now use that vaseline lip balm with cocoa butter as a cuticle cream overnight and it is fantastic.

if you feel so inclined, you could try lightly running your toothbrush over your lips at night, after brushing your teeth and rinsing the toothbrush off. this will gently exfoliate the lips and allow whatever you put on them to sink in better.  it's generally suggested to folks with dry, prone to chapping/flaking lips to exfoliate them manually about 2 times a week in the evenings and apply a healing moisturizer to them overnight.  also, if you happen to have those cool scrubbing gloves people use in the shower, i find they work well to exfoliate the lips. if you do that right at the end of a shower, the warmth/moisture from the shower encourages the dry skin / flakes on lips to come off much easier.  i know a few people that use a washcloth to exfoliate their lips in the shower; i've tried this method and it also works very well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
​i use aquaphor for babies a&d ointment on my lips overnight to heal chapping, and use a lip balm with spf during the daytime to prevent sun damage / keep lips moist.  loads of people also swear by vaseline lip balms in the little round pots - i tried vaseline lip balm with cocoa butter and it was good but i personally felt the results from the a&d ointment were better, healed things faster and didn't melt all over my face overnight - your results may vary. i now use that vaseline lip balm with cocoa butter as a cuticle cream overnight and it is fantastic.

if you feel so inclined, you could try lightly running your toothbrush over your lips at night, after brushing your teeth and rinsing the toothbrush off. this will gently exfoliate the lips and allow whatever you put on them to sink in better.  it's generally suggested to folks with dry, prone to chapping/flaking lips to exfoliate them manually about 2 times a week in the evenings and apply a healing moisturizer to them overnight.  also, if you happen to have those cool scrubbing gloves people use in the shower, i find they work well to exfoliate the lips. if you do that right at the end of a shower, the warmth/moisture from the shower encourages the dry skin / flakes on lips to come off much easier.  i know a few people that use a washcloth to exfoliate their lips in the shower; i've tried this method and it also works very well. 
​Hi Bunnies.

Thank you so much for the wonderful information and spending the time to write it.  I greatly appreciate it!  The A&D ointment is such a great idea!  I have never thought of it before but it makes complete sense that it would work good.  It is already on my Grocery List.  I can't wait to try it!  I've tried just regular vaseline in the jar but never the vaseline lip balms in the pots.  I will definitely try that also.  I'm open to trying anything.  I currently do the toothbrush exfoliation every time I brush my teeth.  I also use Lip Exfoliator Treatments that you rub on and wipe off.  I love your idea of exfoliating in the shower with the gloves.  That is such a great idea!  That will be my New Routine from now on in the shower.   I'm so glad I posted this question on here.

By the way, I LOVE your Bunny Picture!  I LOVE Animals -- especially Bunny Rabbits.  We have one that lives in the woods behind our house. He comes out every day to snack.  I leave carrots and goodies out for him. Your picture is so cute!

Thank you again for the wonderful information!!  Have a great weekend.   /default_smile.png /default_smile.png

Hello! Here is the link for the peels https://www.avon.com/product/33984/anew-clinical-advanced-retexturizing-peel

However, I found them half price on ebay /default_biggrin.png

Also Cat I AM LOVING THESE AVON GYLCOLIC PEELS ! ! !!! ! !

/default_smile.png

Hi there!  Is the Avon Glycolic Peel you are talking about in a gel form that you put on your face or is it in a pad that you swipe on your face?  It sounds great and I would love to try it.  What is the exact Avon Glycolic Product you are using?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!!!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back