Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
I love the covergirl with olay cream foundation and the eye cream/concealer!  They make my skin so soft.

oh thank you thank you for having a girlie bit to this forum.  I need a place like this.???nobody ever wants to talk makeup with me...husband could care less...

so I read up above about Clarisonic--I got an Aria face brush about 6 months ago & use it 2x day-- it has made my skin SOOOO lovely, I will never go back.

i like Estée Lauder products, recently started using this Idealist pore minimizer as a primer under moisturizer and it is so very lovely, make my skin glow.

and waterproof gel eyeliner with the little paintbrush applicator--try putting it (black, charcoal, or dark blue)on your upper lid water line, no other eye makeup or just mascara--it will make your eyes pop in such a dramatic way!!  I still can't draw a fabulous looking line along my top lash line. Wish I could.  Even with the tutorials I screw it up!

this pic is the first time I played with gel liner:

View attachment 1018

Just ordered the Avon peels. Yay!!! 

On another note, do you gals switch products pretty regularly or stick to tried and true? I wonder if occasionally changing or adding different products "shocks" the skin? I find I get a max benefit from a product, regardless of high end etc and after a while (6 months?) it just doesn't work as well. 

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned but does anyone have experience with Latisste? (Sp?)-- the eyelash serum? My once thick long lashes "ain't so no mo" lol. Any recommendations? Good, bad, indifferent? It is obvious the ladies of DBG are fighting the good fight and I trust your thoughts. 

Latisse works great! I've used it for years and get comments on my eyelashes almost daily - everyone thinks they are false. I'm a licensed Aesthetician so I'm very picky about what goes on my face. The Clarisonic face Brush and Clarisonic Eye Opal are amazing for cleaning your skin and minimizing the look of wrinkles. Clarisonic and chemical peels have saved me from Botox thus far but I know I will start it within the next couple years. Quality makeup brushes make a world of difference on how your makeup looks too. Tom Ford makes awesome brushes but they are costly. Mac is good too. 
alwAys switch products to protect your natural pH

i rotate cleansers and moisturiser every 2-3 days

You came the right place!  lol!

i LOVE Estée Lauder advanced noght repair.

i also have just discovered coconut  oil.  It IS amazing!

I was just reading about gel eyeliner last night and now I'm dying to try it. I'm not too bad with doing the lines although I never wear it if time is short because inevitably I'll botch it up then.

Is Estee Lauder the brand of eyeliner you are showcasing there?

PS your lashes look great too, can we get the mascara you are wearing?

Yes, I'm kind of obsessed with make up lol.

As for the brand of eyeliner, there are 2 good ones: 'maybelline lasting drama gel eyeliner' and bobbi brown gel eyeliner, both in little pots with brushes. The big difference is that the bobbi brown brand comes in shimmering colors, which the maybelline doesn't--I have both brands in a few colors.

and my lashes, max factor 'masterpiece max' in black/brown.  Has the BEST brush and I always take a tissue and wipe the excess mascara from the brush before applying to minimise gloppy blobs appearing.  That way doing two coats doesn't make u look like tammy faye baker...?

I tend to spend more money on face cleansing products than on actual makeup.  Estée Lauder is quite pricey, and some of the affordable makeup from Walgreens or wherever is just as good.  My concealer is maybelline 'dream lumitouch' and I love it.  One thing I never leave house without.  Tried Lancôme and YSL and Estée Lauder concealers, but came back to this one in the end.

in UK we have a store like Mac called KIKO...Italian makeup line, extremely affordable and has great stuff.  Also animal friendly if that is your agenda...not my personal politics, but some people are really concerned about that.   Do they have that store in the States?

girls I could go on and on...?

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the brand of eyeliner, there are 2 good ones: 'maybelline lasting drama gel eyeliner' and bobbi brown gel eyeliner, both in little pots with brushes. The big difference is that the bobbi brown brand comes in shimmering colors, which the maybelline doesn't--I have both brands in a few colors.

and my lashes, max factor 'masterpiece max' in black/brown.  Has the BEST brush and I always take a tissue and wipe the excess mascara from the brush before applying to minimise gloppy blobs appearing.  That way doing two coats doesn't make u look like tammy faye baker...?

I tend to spend more money on face cleansing products than on actual makeup.  Estée Lauder is quite pricey, and some of the affordable makeup from Walgreens or wherever is just as good.  My concealer is maybelline 'dream lumitouch' and I love it.  One thing I never leave house without.  Tried Lancôme and YSL and Estée Lauder concealers, but came back to this one in the end.

in UK we have a store like Mac called KIKO...Italian makeup line, extremely affordable and has great stuff.  Also animal friendly if that is your agenda...not my personal politics, but some people are really concerned about that.   Do they have that store in the States?

girls I could go on and on...?
I agree that the best eyeliner is Bobbi's gel eyeliner. Use it every day and it does not budge. Also, I like to buy a really bright blue, green or purple pencil eye liner from Chanel or YSL and put it over a blk or brown gel liner to make it pop. I never have to retouch that at all during the day. Laura Mercier and YSL make the best eye makeup bases. Your shadows will show up so much better, go on easier  and no creasing throughout the day if you use one of those first. I also love Dior's Black Out mascara - your lashes will look fake. It's amazing! I buy, study and compare competitor makeup and skincare for a living so I get to try lots of brands/items at no cost to me. We don't have Kiko in the states unfortunately but sounds like I should check that out. I'm obsessed with makeup and skincare too. But I also have an obsession with high end designer shoes, clothes, hair care and jewelry. And plastic surgery. Plus pills. Those are my vices in life. Could be worse I suppose.

I love that Dior mascara too, one of my faves and the only one that I don't get at the drugstore.

I probably split my make-up 50/50 between high and low end. Always tend to buy inexpensive lipstick and gloss and nail polish. I'm still using Chanel concealer and their face compact. Clinique cleansing products and moisturizer that I swear by. I've been using their moisturizer all my life and no wrinkles so far. I'm at an age where I'm noticing my friends getting a few.

oh thank you thank you for having a girlie bit to this forum.  I need a place like this.???nobody ever wants to talk makeup with me...husband could care less...

so I read up above about Clarisonic--I got an Aria face brush about 6 months ago & use it 2x day-- it has made my skin SOOOO lovely, I will never go back.

i like Estée Lauder products, recently started using this Idealist pore minimizer as a primer under moisturizer and it is so very lovely, make my skin glow.

and waterproof gel eyeliner with the little paintbrush applicator--try putting it (black, charcoal, or dark blue)on your upper lid water line, no other eye makeup or just mascara--it will make your eyes pop in such a dramatic way!!  I still can't draw a fabulous looking line along my top lash line. Wish I could.  Even with the tutorials I screw it up!

this pic is the first time I played with gel liner:

Just ordered the Avon peels. Yay!!! 

On another note, do you gals switch products pretty regularly or stick to tried and true? I wonder if occasionally changing or adding different products "shocks" the skin? I find I get a max benefit from a product, regardless of high end etc and after a while (6 months?) it just doesn't work as well. 

Also, don't know if this has been mentioned but does anyone have experience with Latisste? (Sp?)-- the eyelash serum? My once thick long lashes "ain't so no mo" lol. Any recommendations? Good, bad, indifferent? It is obvious the ladies of DBG are fighting the good fight and I trust your thoughts. 

Latisse works great! I've used it for years and get comments on my eyelashes almost daily - everyone thinks they are false. I'm a licensed Aesthetician so I'm very picky about what goes on my face. The Clarisonic face Brush and Clarisonic Eye Opal are amazing for cleaning your skin and minimizing the look of wrinkles. Clarisonic and chemical peels have saved me from Botox thus far but I know I will start it within the next couple years. Quality makeup brushes make a world of difference on how your makeup looks too. Tom Ford makes awesome brushes but they are costly. Mac is good too. 

alwAys switch products to protect your natural pH

i rotate cleansers and moisturiser every 2-3 days
your eyes look banging! Ive been running the roads and managed to have Nearly Every Bit Of Makeup In My Purse Pinched. I should start keeping a mock set of eye makeup that Ive peed in. stupid cows.  I love sephora but at the rate it gets pinched Id need to sell a kidney to keep up. I wish my skin looked the way it does now when I was in highschool. Seems as though completely neglecting it has done wonders. Lol

Bare Minerals has come out with a mineral cream that I love! I never got used to the chalky feeling of the bare mineral powder but using the brush that comes with (well, for an extra $30) makes my skin glow without looking greasy. I do add a bit of concealer under my eyes and around my one for a little extra coverage. This has been great for summer. 

If I want an extra "unph" I have a Temptu air brush makeup system that uses pods. Not messy liquids. I love it during the winter when I think a little more coverage is needed.  It takes a few tries to get it right but just a few circled passes over my face makes my complexion look flawless (which it is not!). Doesn't settle into my pores and feels light on my skin. In fact, I will prob start using it agin in a few weeks. I don't use it every day- as it is a bit pricey - and the foundation pods last 8 weeks if I use them daily. The complete set is $100 plus the pods but the air brush machine is really the biggest investment. I'm pretty skeptical about miracle products but this is about as close as I've come for foundation.  

Will def try rapid lash! I've used the fibers and they are just a mess for me. Maybe I'm using the wrong one. 

BTW- I never rec'd the Avon wipes! Wonder what happened? Could have been while I was in the middle of my move and the forwarding wasn't active. At least it wasn't a huge investment. 

Testing on animals sucks.  I am guilty of buying from companies that do animal testing 

i overdid it with the Avon peels this week...I tried to do it there times in thirty six hours.  Now my whole face is peeling and burning.  It will egreT whenit heels but now i look like a leper.  I went on sort of a "date" last night...peeling face and all.  Ew.

I love this topic! The advice that is given is also priceless.

I am 52 but look 10 years younger, mostly genetic, but I have always taken care of my skin, and started using Retin-A at age 28.

The reason is admit to being 52 because my skin changed at 40. All the products I used up till then - became toxic to my skin.

I stopped using Retin-A. Luckily I can use it again, but it took 5 years "off" because I developed steriod rocasea. I went to a dermatologist and had to go to on Accutane for 7 months. My skin was a mess because whatever I put on it, including working out left my skin red. The only thing that worked was a brand Toleraine. To this day I use as a cleanser and a moisturer. It is gentle. But they make it for acne, various face conditions, and the sub-brand I use is Toleraine. Anyone who is intestested can get it at 20-30% off a certian retailers.

Today, I use summer and winter but use different products. 

For summer I use Toleraine Foaming Cleanser, Hydraphase UV Intense and Redermic C for Dry Skin (it has a filler in it). At night I use Toleraine Dermo-Cleanser, Cicaplast Baume B5, and wait 1 hour to apply Retin-A .05%.

For winter: I wash my face with Toleraine Dermo-Cleanser, followed by Cicaplast Baume B5, and Redermic C for Dry Skin. In the evening I wash my face with Toleraine Dermo-Cleanser, a moistizure with Cicaplast, Cicaplast Baume B5 and wait an hour before applying Retin-A .025.

A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RETIN-A CREAMS AND GELS. I USE TRETINION CREAM. IT IS THE GENERIC TYPE OF RETIN-A CREAM. I THINK ONE OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAD WHEN I WAS 40, WAS SWITCHING TO MICRO RETIN-A WHICH IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE IT DELIVERS IT 24 HOURS. 

The reason I wrote such a long post was that the treatment of the skin is the PRIMARY thing one can do. Of course you can similar products that I do.

My skin is glorious now. I am lucky because I cannot use eye shadow, eye liner et al because they make my eyes look smaller then actually are. But, I put on pink mat or Urban Decay Gold Eyeliner if I am going out at night. My downfall is I have fine hair. I use Bobbi Brown Grey Eye Brow Treatment and light fill-line with Bobbi Brown matching brow pencil. For mascara I use Alima Pure Natural Mascara. I use the generic version of Latisse. It is called Bitamost. 

For my lifetime I have sought out blush. I have no luck find a brand. If anyone on here has recommendation please share them with me. I have very fair skin. I am looking for something that is barely there.

Thank you for reading this long, drawn out post. I really thank you. And if there are any questions you in general, specific, ask away.

popcorn.gif~c200

I'm glad this thread was revived because Uber and I are really into this stuff.

I was going to try Latisse. The older I get, the thinner my eyelashes look. Ended up getting Rapidlash for Christmas so guess I will go with that first. Which reminds me, it's not going to work if I don't start using it. Will return when I have the results data. And thank you @Safari, I didn't know there was a generic Latisse, I wonder if Rapidlash is the same thing or different?

Rapidlash is not anything I know about. But, since Lattisse came out a huge market has come out saying it will do the same thing.

It doesn't. Only the generic version of Lattisse called Bimatoprost. You would just wasted your money.

Lattisse isn't generic in the US, but don't quote me on that. But it is if you go to an IOP. I don't know if I can mention the name, but it is where I buy all presciprition beauty products.

Lattisse goes for $160, but is cheaper if you insurance. $5 was the lowest I paid at a CVS. Now it is $40 at the same CVS. Now buy it at an IOP, and it costs around $13 a bottle. One bottle will last you one month.

Same with going to an IOP that sells Retin-A. The generic version runs you about $13 a tube.

Lattisse takes 16 weeks to reach it full potential.

Thank you @2earls for the recognition. I love to talk about beauty and fashion.

Just wanted to chime in again and reiterate the amazing results I got with Rapidlash!  Holy cow, I'm not even lying when I say my lashes almost got too long for my comfort level... Wtf right!?  It was crazy, as hopefully you'll see @2earls.

I do recall my mother mentioning sometime recently that she heard Rapidlash changed their formula, not for the better.  Knowing my mom,  I'm thinking there's a chance she might have made this unfounded claim simply based on the fact that evidently, Costco no longer carries it.  God love my mom but sometimes she's guilty of fabricating and declaring things as fact, based on nothing but her own opinion.  

Anywho, get on the ball girl and let us know how long and lovely those lashes get.   ;)  

I'm starting this weekend. @MaryPill'Poppins,  how long did it take to get results? I have a friend who told me it worked so that's why I asked for it.

@Safari, I would love to know about your IOP. If they don't sell scheduled meds, just go ahead and post them. If they do, better PM me first.

@2earls the name of the the is ALLDAYCHEMIST. They don't sell controlled meds scheduled but sell RX's and non-RX's.

You probably heard of them, but others may not. But, I am new to here, so what is to site it is ovewhelming to me!

They sell all sorts of of services. From RX'd non-controlled things like beta-blockers to a wide arrangement of cosemetics!

If you are unfamiliar with this site - you'll buy a large part of your cosemetics from this site due to their prices. You can get everything from beta-blockers AND Retin-A.

Tow things women hate about me:

1) I wash my body and hair with just a bar of Irish Spring and my hair is Uber soft.

2) I have longer eyelashes than any women I have ever met.

Two things women love about me:

Crickets....

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back