Beauty And Skin Care Tips From Our Beautiful Ladies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
@roger I bet that is what they were advertising on the radio. How long does it last when you have it done?
I was just getting ready to edit to add I THINK it is Botox for sweating but I'm not 100% positive. If so maybe insurance would cover it. Maybe Google Botox for sweating and see what comes up. I hope I didn't dream that! Ha!!

Okay thanks for your response I sent you a PM with links from ebay for these two products. sooooo glad I asked to confirm before purchasing either !
Well...I have been trying to learn how to cut and paste the picture on eBay that I found but taptalk has the wrong email address for me and for some reason every time I change it it bounces back to the original. Ugh!!?!!?? I type in the search engine Obey Your Body peeling gel. I'm sorry I can't help more. Im gonna work on this but I wanted to get back to you.

Am I also forgot to mention that the picture I took of mine when I tried to DL it it said it was too big...sorry

Well...I have been trying to learn how to cut and paste the picture on eBay that I found but taptalk has the wrong email address for me and for some reason every time I change it it bounces back to the original. Ugh!!?!!?? I type in the search engine Obey Your Body peeling gel. I'm sorry I can't help more. Im gonna work on this but I wanted to get back to you.
You are fine !! I feel like i spend a third of my life freaking out and stressing about technology! nothing ever works right ! lol.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=obey+your+body+peeling+gel&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=8199780579&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8831778473028636652&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2iw2brnrif_e

see if this link is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of a couple things I can't live without.

My Mason - Pearson hairbrush and Tweezerman tweezers

Another good one is my Dior eyebrow pencil. It's forgiving for those of use with no eyebrow skills.

Everything I've recommended so far is top of the line stuff so my favorite Dry shampoo is Suave. I've tried all kinds and it's not worth paying more. I used to wash my hair daily til I went with this dark red haircolor. Fades too fast. Might have to become a blond again.

Woooo hooooo! :::::smacks Twirls on the butt::::::::: Hehe.

ooooo emmmm geeeeee. So, i am in the bathroom, in the sunlight. And WHAT do I see in the mirror? CREPINESS on my neck. Did I spell that right? Anyway, yes, CREPINESS? It is like right next to my adams apple on the right side. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Oh JOY!

Anyone have anything for that. I just threw up in my mouth...a LOT.

So, you know those Avon glycolic pads that I mentioned? I did a pedi last night. I used those pads on my feet and let them sit for a couole of hours. THEN, I tried that listerine/vinegar footbath that you see plastered all over FB. Soaked in about a cup each of vinegar and listerine, well generic blue listerine, and two cups of hot water. Soaked for about twenty minutes cuz that is all the time that I had. Pumiced the feetsies really well after, then put lotion. My feet are fairly well cared for, so they weren't YAMS or anything..but I did have some winter dry skin. They came out soooooooooo soft! Love love! I think using those glycolic pads really helped a lot.

So,i just whipped out the BIG GUNS. I went shopping in my closet and found some dr. jeanette Graf "vitapeptide copper collagen infusion, purchased back when I had money. Remember that "slime" toy that everyone played with in the seventies? That is what this stuff looks like. It is supposed to be firming. Lets see. It is a couple of years old, but unopened.

My eyes are almost swollen shut from my allergies. I am covered in green slime. Very attractive. Yep.

Woooo hooooo! :::::smacks Twirls on the butt::::::::: Hehe.

ooooo emmmm geeeeee. So, i am in the bathroom, in the sunlight. And WHAT do I see in the mirror? CREPINESS on my neck. Did I spell that right? Anyway, yes, CREPINESS? It is like right next to my adams apple on the right side. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Oh JOY!

Anyone have anything for that. I just threw up in my mouth...a LOT.

So, you know those Avon glycolic pads that I mentioned? I did a pedi last night. I used those pads on my feet and let them sit for a couole of hours. THEN, I tried that listerine/vinegar footbath that you see plastered all over FB. Soaked in about a cup each of vinegar and listerine, well generic blue listerine, and two cups of hot water. Soaked for about twenty minutes cuz that is all the time that I had. Pumiced the feetsies really well after, then put lotion. My feet are fairly well cared for, so they weren't YAMS or anything..but I did have some winter dry skin. They came out soooooooooo soft! Love love! I think using those glycolic pads really helped a lot.
Just got my AVON peels in the mail. Can't wait to try them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My oldest daughter has been battling with insurance to get botox approved for her migraines. It's been utterly ridiculous! She takes a triptan abortive. It has worked like a dream. 15 years ago it was grossly overpriced and now it's a generic.

She has 3-5 migraines a week. The triptan stops the headache within minutes.

She has a beautiful Hindu pharmacist and he suggested her long-term use of this drug hasn't been closely studied and she might want to try botox to see if either it reduces her # headache days or stops them all together.

Right. Not an easy request. Insurance is asking for her birth to present medical records to show what she has tried. It's frustrating because you know if BCBS wanted to prove their point in the negative they would have her records pulled so fast our heads would spin! /default_smile.png

It's pretty expensive to be sure however if her headache days were reduced it would be well worth it.

So this is a long way around to say if you can get botox approved by insurance for excessive sweating please update on here so perhaps what you learn I might could "steal" from you!

Last edited:
So,i just whipped out the BIG GUNS. I went shopping in my closet and found some dr. jeanette Graf "vitapeptide copper collagen infusion, purchased back when I had money. Remember that "slime" toy that everyone played with in the seventies? That is what this stuff looks like. It is supposed to be firming. Lets see. It is a couple of years old, but unopened.

My eyes are almost swollen shut from my allergies. I am covered in green slime. Very attractive. Yep.
OMG that is so me! I used to buy stuff all of the time and maybe use it once or twice! That was pre-D before I was poor! Haha!!!

Used the AVON peel about 4 hours ago....Gotta say, after the first use....my skin feels softer to the touch! /default_biggrin.png

yay i found the girly thread!

products i cannot live without

- lancome artliner liquid eyeliner in gris/grey (perfect for hazel eyes and fair skinned people that don't wear black makeup.) completely non-irritating, doesn't budge, and easy to remove with soap and water.

- MUFE pro finish powder foundation (excellent coverage, natural looking, fantastic shade variety, i use neutral porcelain)

- nyx HD studio finishing powder (this sets everything and does not irritate my skin or clog my pores at all.)

- V05/alberto balsam coconut conditioner (i co-wash my hair as it is very long, only shampoo once a month. inexpensive, does the job, and smells lovely without clashing with my perfumes)

- nip+fab glycolic fix pads / olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir (chemical exfoliants that prevent ageing of the skin and tackle hormonal acne.)

- clinique deep comfort body lotion, aloe pura aloe vera gel, and johnsons bedtime baby lotion. (these are my go-to body moisturisers)

- SBC collagen gel (i use this as my facial moisturiser year round, either alone or under kiehl's oil free gel in winter)

- MAC eyeshadow in "brule" & "mylar" (both are satin finish, very natural looking) / eyebrow pencil in "fling" (very light & no red tones!)

- EOS lip balm in vanilla mint or strawberry. (these two specific formulas transform my chapped lips in to gorgeous lips overnight! none of the other EOS lip balms i've tried perform as well for me as these 2 for some reason)

yay i found the girly thread!

products i cannot live without

- lancome artliner liquid eyeliner in gris/grey (perfect for hazel eyes and fair skinned people that don't wear black makeup.) completely non-irritating, doesn't budge, and easy to remove with soap and water.

- MUFE pro finish powder foundation (excellent coverage, natural looking, fantastic shade variety, i use neutral porcelain)

- nyx HD studio finishing powder (this sets everything and does not irritate my skin or clog my pores at all.)

- V05/alberto balsam coconut conditioner (i co-wash my hair as it is very long, only shampoo once a month. inexpensive, does the job, and smells lovely without clashing with my perfumes)

- nip+fab glycolic fix pads / olay regenerist night resurfacing elixir (chemical exfoliants that prevent ageing of the skin and tackle hormonal acne.)

- clinique deep comfort body lotion, aloe pura aloe vera gel, and johnsons bedtime baby lotion. (these are my go-to body moisturisers)

- SBC collagen gel (i use this as my facial moisturiser year round, either alone or under kiehl's oil free gel in winter)

- MAC eyeshadow in "brule" & "mylar" (both are satin finish, very natural looking) / eyebrow pencil in "fling" (very light & no red tones!)

- EOS lip balm in vanilla mint or strawberry. (these two specific formulas transform my chapped lips in to gorgeous lips overnight! none of the other EOS lip balms i've tried perform as well for me as these 2 for some reason)
Ooh thanks for your list. I definitely see a few things to try there. Will write those shadow colors down for my next trip to the Mac store.

I was thinking about getting a dermaroller kit that I saw on YouTube to help with the scars on my face.  Has anyone had any experience using one or having it done to you from someone else?

Ooh thanks for your list. I definitely see a few things to try there. Will write those shadow colors down for my next trip to the Mac store.

i don't know what your skin tone / eye color are but i used to be a MAC girl and i am more than happy to make suggestions if you're curious about any of their staple products.  i'd say about 30% of their line is pretty good quality and the rest of it is average at best.  the eyeshadows i listed are both very pale, i use them to even out the eyelids and add a bit of pop to the inner corner without lots of sparkle.  i will say that their satin finish eyeshadows are the most natural looking and easiest to blend.  i picked up their grey fluidline pencil (it's a twist-up, no need to sharpen) - it's called "metropolis" and while the shade is a gorgeous blue-based pearlescent deep grey, i do have to set it or i find it smears after about an hour.  it glides on like butter but MAC still haven't worked out how to make a fluidline pencil that doesn't smear without requiring setting powder.

Last edited by a moderator:

i don't know what your skin tone / eye color are but i used to be a MAC girl and i am more than happy to make suggestions if you're curious about any of their staple products.  i'd say about 30% of their line is pretty good quality and the rest of it is average at best.  the eyeshadows i listed are both very pale, i use them to even out the eyelids and add a bit of pop to the inner corner without lots of sparkle.  i will say that their satin finish eyeshadows are the most natural looking and easiest to blend.  i picked up their grey fluidline pencil (it's a twist-up, no need to sharpen) - it's called "metropolis" and while the shade is a gorgeous blue-based pearlescent deep grey, i do have to set it or i find it smears after about an hour.  it glides on like butter but MAC still haven't worked out how to make a fluidline pencil that doesn't smear without requiring setting powder.
Thanks former Mac girl. I'm brown eyed with a light skin tone and open to suggestions.

Thanks former Mac girl. I'm brown eyed with a light skin tone and open to suggestions.

"brule" will certainly work well for you, as will "era", which is a light neutral brown - perfect for a muted daytime look.  "scene" is a gorgeous taupe shade that is highly pigmented if you want something more dramatic, and "shale" is a bit of a purplish red clay shade / taupe for warmer skin tones.  these are the most "neutral" shades i can suggest without seeing a photo of your skin / eye color.  there's also "grain" which is a bit like a coralish color, beautiful with brown eyes when used on the lids underneath the crease. these are all satin finish eyeshadows i'm recommending, as i don't find their mascaras to be very good quality, and their more glittery stuff (which is most of their other eye products) tends to have a lot of fallout problems. 

"brule" will certainly work well for you, as will "era", which is a light neutral brown - perfect for a muted daytime look.  "scene" is a gorgeous taupe shade that is highly pigmented if you want something more dramatic, and "shale" is a bit of a purplish red clay shade / taupe for warmer skin tones.  these are the most "neutral" shades i can suggest without seeing a photo of your skin / eye color.  there's also "grain" which is a bit like a coralish color, beautiful with brown eyes when used on the lids underneath the crease. these are all satin finish eyeshadows i'm recommending, as i don't find their mascaras to be very good quality, and their more glittery stuff (which is most of their other eye products) tends to have a lot of fallout problems. 
I have plenty glittery shades, so I'm interested in the neutrals. Thanks for taking the time to give me suggestions.

I have never found that spending more on mascara has paid off. The drugstore ones can be just as good after trial and error.

I have plenty glittery shades, so I'm interested in the neutrals. Thanks for taking the time to give me suggestions.I have never found that spending more on mascara has paid off. The drugstore ones can be just as good after trial and error.

more than happy to help anytime.  i'm with you on the mascara - i still use max factor 2000 calorie in brown and some loreal volume million something or other in brown - both are excellent.  the only expensive mascara i've ever liked was lancome but they never seem to have brown in stock so i swerve that.  drug store mascaras are oftentimes better than the expensive ones imo.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back