Best Concert You've Ever Been To?

johnnog said:
i miss the days when gigs were stormed by nazi skinheads smashing young punks heads in,like to see them try it now we are all grown up,fucking cowards.

NO PASARAN!
Doesn't sound like something I would miss! Lucky for us, I don't think there were any Nazionale skinheads in San Francisco. Punk clubs were more of a dress up party. We used to go to "Mabuhay Gardens" fun memories!

For me, had to be the Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion tour with Skid Row I saw back in '91.  Damn I guess I'm showing my age a little.  Runner up to the for me was Megadeth with White Zombie and Pantera.  Oh for those big hair band days, I miss so much.   

For me, had to be the Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion tour with Skid Row I saw back in '91. Damn I guess I'm showing my age a little. Runner up to the for me was Megadeth with White Zombie and Pantera. Oh for those big hair band days, I miss so much.
My favorite concert was GNR in Vegas NYE 2002. None of the "real" band was there but Axl put on A HELL a show!!!! And I was front row, center stage. I actually have a poster from that tour with Skid Row from when they played Fiddlers Green in Denver. I collect GNR posters and recently bought a big poster on EBAY from that show.

Well, on Monday, I decided to treat my dad and we went to 'an evening with Neil Sedaka' at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester...

I thought I would just be witnessing an old professional belting out his tunes one last time...

Instead, I was treated to some of the best all round talent, I have ever seen.... Just him, a mic and his piano..

Now, I'm not necessarily a life long fan, but I always appreciate proper music, in any form...

His piano playing was flawless!... Such nuance and perfectly judged dynamics, almost classical at times.. Plus that guy can sing!

He's 75 years old!!

A truly wonderful experience : )....

Highly recommended

~P~

Well, on Monday, I decided to treat my dad and we went to 'an evening with Neil Sedaka' at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester...

I thought I would just be witnessing an old professional belting out his tunes one last time...

Instead, I was treated to some of the best all round talent, I have ever seen.... Just him, a mic and his piano..

Now, I'm not necessarily a life long fan, but I always appreciate proper music, in any form...

His piano playing was flawless!... Such nuance and perfectly judged dynamics, almost classical at times.. Plus that guy can sing!

He's 75 years old!!

A truly wonderful experience : )....

Highly recommended

~P~
You know, I think it's great to be open to trying things that aren't necessarily in your wheelhouse so to speak. My husband and I went to see Air Supply because we had free tickets. I was ready for it to stink but we had so much fun! For days after we were singing "I'm all out of love, what am I without you?" You just never know. I'm glad you and Pops had a grand time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG i aLOVE NEIL SEDAKA! Love love love! What a talented man with a beautiful voice!

Air supply, not so much....lol! Glad you guys had a good time!

My first concert was so the Starland Vocal Band (afternoon delight? Anyone) opening for John Denver". I went with my Mom. In 75 or so.

I saw Air Supply with Rod Steward before he turned into an old fart. Actually I don't remember seeing AS but I know I was there cause I still have the ticket stub. Thank god for weed.

You youngin's would not remember this but back in t the day when you went to a concert there was NO alcohol sales. None! Even had signs -  NO BEER SALES. But since smoking cigs was allowed everywhere a person could smoke as much weed as they wanted. And this HB sure wanted!

Now, when you go to a concert they try to sell you as much alcohol as they can, even coming around to your seat like a sporting event. God help you if you try and spark one up.

I know I sound like an old geezer but at least I'm not 75 years old like Cat! /default_smile.png

Ozzy WITH randy!, two days in a row, Illinois and WI!
I'm so fucking jealous, so very fucking jealous. I assume this is when they were touring for Diary of a Madman. Much of the Randy Rhoads tribute album came from those shows in IL.

So fucking jelly!

I saw Air Supply with Rod Steward before he turned into an old fart. Actually I don't remember seeing AS but I know I was there cause I still have the ticket stub. Thank god for weed.

You youngin's would not remember this but back in t the day when you went to a concert there was NO alcohol sales. None! Even had signs -  NO BEER SALES. But since smoking cigs was allowed everywhere a person could smoke as much weed as they wanted. And this HB sure wanted!

Now, when you go to a concert they try to sell you as much alcohol as they can, even coming around to your seat like a sporting event. God help you if you try and spark one up.

I know I sound like an old geezer but at least I'm not 75 years old like Cat! /default_smile.png
I am rubber and you are glue!

I'm so fucking jealous, so very fucking jealous. I assume this is when they were touring for Diary of a Madman. Much of the Randy Rhoads tribute album came from those shows in IL.

So fucking jelly!
Yes! Great tour! Wow!

1. Stones, every year since 1970-something

2. Aerosmith, every year since 1970-something

Missed them this past year. I was a huge concert goer. Hb, you're so right. Concerts today aren't even fun. They used to be so cheap. Also, you could buy bootleg tshirts in the parking lot. 3 for 10 bucks.

Did anyone see heavy metal parking lot?

Used to stick a half pint in each side of my bra. They didn't dare pat you down there!

1. Stones, every year since 1970-something

2. Aerosmith, every year since 1970-something

Missed them this past year. I was a huge concert goer. Hb, you're so right. Concerts today aren't even fun. They used to be so cheap. Also, you could buy bootleg tshirts in the parking lot. 3 for 10 bucks.

Did anyone see heavy metal parking lot?
Seen the Stones 6 times

Aerosmith 3 times

Rod Stewart (before he was an old geezer) 3 times

They were all rockin' good times with all kinds of crazy shit going on. I loved those days.

I tried that too but it didn't work since I was still wearing a training bra at the time.
LOL What exactly is a training bra?

We're you training your moobs for something special?

Do they do tricks now?

LOL What exactly is a training bra?

We're you training your moobs for something special?

Do they do tricks now?
earls, you're asking me what a training bra is? Isn't  it a girl's first bra she wears before and noticeable boobage but worn to get familiar with wearing one. Some chick in my 4th grade class had one. I heard her speaking code to her GF - she used the phrase bunny rabbit association so the boys would not know what they were talking about. But I knew what was going on. Saw my first Playboy in the 4th. Yeah!

Just bought my tickets to The Who 50 year tour next October so I better hold off on saying who the best I ever seen is. But so far, Pink Floyd is the winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fargo, The Who in 2015?

Do you mean Pink Floyd with Roger Waters?

probably Ying Yang Twins. I know that's crazy but they were dope!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back