Kratom Discussion

In all seriousness, I was mistaken. There is no forum rule that says we can not discuss commercial vendors in threads. It only applies to PM's.

7) No promoting websites through the private message system. If you receive any private messages promoting any service or products please forward the message to a moderator or administrator. Any member using the private messaging system to promote any commercial service will be banned.

So I'm pretty sure it's safe to discuss kratom vendors here and provide links.

Kratom is most definitely addictive. Tolerance builds up very quickly. In fact, I am trying to wean off of it now with the help of a benzo- which I do not have yet. It is legal in most states but do not let that fact lull you into thinking it is non addictive. I love the effects but it is as expensive as some of the SY pk's I've ordered.

In short, try it out but be wise. Don't use it every day. My body became accustomed to it quickly and I kind of regret ever trying it as "natural" alternative. Everyone knows opioids are addictive so most are aware of the inherent dangers of addiction with them. Not so with kratom.

My opinion only so take it for what it is worth.

Oh, forgot this- recently had some routine blood work done for annual physical and for the first time in my life, I had an elevated liver panel. No doubt from kratom use.

Fox article yesterday:

The latest plant to bliss out users and worry law enforcement officials is kratom, a Southeast Asian tree related to coffee, the leaves of which are chewed to produce a pleasant buzz.  Indigenous to Thailand and Malaysia, kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is making its way into parties, festivals, kava bars and a variety of places where aficionados are employing it to get high. In Thailand, kratom leaves are typically chewed fresh, cutting out the fibrous central vein. Dried leaves are often crushed up or powdered and mixed with fruit juice.

First described in an 1839 publication by Dutch botanist Pieter Willem Korthals, kratom is used as a traditional medicine to reduce pain, as an anti-diarrheal, and as way of reducing opiate dependence. In the latter case, kratom leaves are chewed or consumed to decrease symptoms of opiate withdrawal. The plant also enjoys a legendary use for extending the duration of sexual intercourse.

The leaves of kratom contain mitragynine and several related alkaloids.  Of all the compounds present in the leaf, mitragynine appears to be the most active and the one most likely responsible for kratom’s pleasing effects. Used as an opiate substitute, kratom contains no opiates of any kind, but it does bind to the same receptor sites in the brain. It binds to the mu-opioid receptor, as do both enkephalins and morphine. Additionally mitragynine binds to kappa-opioid receptors, which are associated with pain relief and sedation. Mitragynine is adrenergic, which produces a stimulating effect, and it also binds with serotonin receptors, producing an anti-depressant effect as well. Due to this multiplicity of activities in the brain, kratom produces an overall pleasing feeling.

As with all substances that modify mood, some agencies are in an uproar over kratom, even though it mostly enjoys a long history of safe use. Currently kratom is illegal in Thailand since the passing of Kratom Act 2486 in 1943, yet Thai officials are considering reversing the 70 year old ban on kratom, due to the plant’s value in weaning addicts off of opiates. Kratom is also illegal in Malaysia, Burma and Australia, and drug officials at the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) consider it a “drug of concern.†One kratom fatality was reported in the October 22, 2012 Journal of Forensic Science, but the person who died was also taking a prescription benzodiazepine anti-anxiety drug and cold medications. Thus the actual cause of that death remains unknown.

According to users, kratom produces a pleasant feeling that lasts longer than that of a cup of coffee and produces a sense of well being, moderate euphoria and alertness. Like all psychoactive substances, different dosages produce a range of effects. In general a small amount of kratom produces a feeling of mild stimulation and alertness, while a larger dose produces a feeling of sedation. Moderate kratom use does not appear to impair motor control or promote a tendency to violence.

Concerns regarding the potential for kratom habituation abound. Even pro kratom web sites caution users not to consume this plant every day, warning of a potential dependence. The DEA stated in a January 2013 publication:

“Kratom consumption can lead to addiction. In a study of Thai kratom addicts, it was observed that some addicts chewed kratom daily for 3 to 30 years (mean of 18.6 years). Long-term use of kratom produced anorexia, weight loss, insomnia, skin darkening, dry mouth, frequent urination, and constipation. A withdrawal syndrome was observed, consisting of symptoms of hostility, aggression, emotional lability, wet nose, achy muscles and bones, and jerky movement of the limbs. Furthermore, several cases of kratom psychosis were observed, where kratom addicts exhibited psychotic symptoms that included hallucinations, delusion and confusion.â€

The Thai kratom users in the DEA citing were long term, heavy consumers. Most moderate users find the plant pleasant and experience no ill effects. Those who employ it heavily every day, however, may run into problems of dependence.

Since the beginning of recorded history, people have drunk, smoked, chewed, snorted, injected and otherwise consumed psychoactive agents of all types – for the purpose of modifying mood and state of mind. Some substances, like LSD, produce radical shifts in perception and cognitive function. Others, like coffee and cocoa, simply produce a pleasant feeling. . Kratom’s safety is still up for debate, but in the meantime, it is easily available on the Internet, under several brand names. It comes in some very lively designed packages and is also found at head shops. For now its legal status in the United States remains, due to a lack of reported problems with the plant. Still, the daily heavy user should beware.

This plant will probably be illegal soon.
It already is in a handful of states, with more on the legislative agendas in 2014. It's being added to "designer drug" legislation proposals in many states, along with spice, bath salts, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It already is in a handful of states, with more on the legislative agendas in 2014. It's being added to "designer drug" legislation proposals in many states, along with spice, bath salts, etc.
I'm waiting for air to be added to S4 in the near future. 

One kratom fatality was reported in the October 22, 2012 Journal of Forensic Science, but the person who died was also taking a prescription benzodiazepine anti-anxiety drug and cold medications. Thus the actual cause of that death remains unknown.
thankfully neither alcohol or tobacco has never ever killed anyone or else they might become a "drug of concern"

I think I'm gonna get some of this stuff. Sounds interesting and if it's helpful...hey why not.

It's difficult to figure out what strain, form of ingestion and dosage is right. Apparently low doses give you an energetic feeling, but if you take a higher dose (like 20 grams), it gives you a more opiate-type sensation. I ran out of patience with it. If you want to take those higher doses you're gonna have to make the Kratom tea, which tastes like feline urine I've heard, or buy the extracts. They're concentrated forms of a Kratom in a liquid form in a little bottle with a dropper. You can easily get the more desirable hi-dosage effects that way. But the extract is pricey and I've heard it can be addicting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading a little about this stuff and see there are many options. I saw a place near me supposedly has it in shots. They look like a 5 hr energy drink. The problem is I'm not sure which one to try as a beginner lol

I have been wanting to try this product. Is there a version of it that provides more energy than others?

Kratom never had any effect for me but I know some people find it helpful.

Picked up a pack of this in gel caps at a local shop...thought, wth, give it a try.  Verdict's still out, but so far; I'm digging it a little bit.  Will have to do some due diligence to learn more about it before investing more in it.  Potential though.

It's difficult to figure out what strain, form of ingestion and dosage is right. Apparently low doses give you an energetic feeling, but if you take a higher dose (like 20 grams), it gives you a more opiate-type sensation. I ran out of patience with it. If you want to take those higher doses you're gonna have to make the Kratom tea, which tastes like feline urine I've heard, or buy the extracts. They're concentrated forms of a Kratom in a liquid form in a little bottle with a dropper. You can easily get the more desirable hi-dosage effects that way. But the extract is pricey and I've heard it can be addicting.

Hey KanMan....any pointers in where one might shop for the tea?  For instance, should I go to Whole Foods or a more specialty shop or do I need to keep my search online?  I know, I know, I can likely find this out on my own, but you seem to have a decent amount of knowledge, so a little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated as I try to conduct my research.  

Cheers!

TG

Okay, forgive me, All!  I've now done the "good girl" thing and read all of this topic.  I have the answers I need from here and my own research.

May be a fun project one these days...we shall see!

Again, sorry for the stupid questions, Kan - you can ignore me.

Does anyone have much experience with using the Gelatin Capsules vs using the Vegetable Capsules? I typically use about 14 Double "00" caps a day and have heard that the Vegetable Capsules are much better for your system. 

Also, any pointers on expediting the capping process? Using 14 a day and taking about 30 seconds for each cap means I have to waste 7 minutes a day capping or put in an hour a week just to not have to taste the stuff /default_smile.png

Could I just ask you guys using Kratom for Opi WD how high is your Opi addiction? What I'm trying to ask is how well does it work for WD? Let's say your on 50 ml meth@ don daily and you miss a day would Kratom ease your WD at all?

All the best..

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back