Kratom Discussion

Depending on the strength of the Kratom, it can work very well for opiate withdrawals. While I have very little experience w/ mthdne, I'm willing to bet that a good gram or two of extract (maybe even less) would keep all withdrawals at bay for at least several hours, maybe more. That said, I wouldn't use the stuff more than you have to. I made that mistake and the withdrawals from it made even my most serious of oxsea wds feel like a vacation. 

Live and learn, you know? It was mostly straight Bali, not an extract. This was well over a year ago.

I hope others have success with K, but you couldn't pay me to touch it again. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man. I have not used K for more than a period of 2 weeks at a time. For me it's always garden variety Bali for a few days regularly (3-4 doses a day) then I taper down.

How long did you take it for and how regularly to cause that type of wd?

LOL, it's not your fault man. But I appreciate the sentiment. I took Kratom for more than 2 weeks, that's for sure. I used it to prevent WDs from Oc and Hc initially. And then it got to be where I'd stay on it until I got restocked on my meds then when I ran out I'd get back on etc.... At most it was a gram or two of the Bali twice a day. The longest I took it straight, meaning every day (w/o anything else), was probably 6 weeks to 2 months. Getting off it was terrible. Up for over 4 days straight (I couldn't stay still for more than a minute during that time), terrible hot and cold flashes, the usual opiate back pain times 2, awful ringing in my ears, and the worst was the unparalleled anxiety (it felt like I literally couldn't ever catch my breath). I didn't feel "normal" for at least 12-14 days. I've been around the block many times before, and I can deal with the typical 48 hour Opi detox, but this was so much worse.

Now I'm not saying this is typical at all, everybody is a bit different. But when I first started with K, I read up on it quite a bit and found several sources that it was a wonder drug because A - it helps with pain (not with me it didn't), B - it's legal (except in Indiana) and C - you won't get physically hooked, i.e. there won't be any WDs. Well I stupidly fell for that last part hook, line and sinker. By the time I realized it was bullshit, I was too scared to get off. And in the end I paid a long, tortuous price. 

In moderation I suppose it can help, but like I said, I'm through dancing with that devil. If I'm ever facing Opi detox again I'll bite the bullet and deal with it. 2-3 days of feeling like crap is much better than 4-5 of feeling like you're dying bullshit.

I can chime in here too and say that I recently thought I would "take a few days off" from Kratom...i was wrong.

I was taking around 12 "00" capsules of Maeng Da a day and one morning I felt sick after doing about 8. I decided to take a few days off and the first night I used an @mb1en to get to sleep. woke up 3 hours later and couldnt sleep at all. I never even thought that it could be Kratom WDs so I went about my day and the next night was terrible. Kind of like GoldenBoy said above. I couldn't lay still (Restless Leg Syndrome in my arms something terrible). Hot and Cold flashes...the works...

I'm currently tapering down to try and be done with this stuff for a while. A word to the wise: use Kratom in moderation. Don't use it for days in a row (or like I did and use it for months at a time). 

I'm a big fan of Maeng Da, which is more of a euphoric, energetic kind than some of the others (Bali, green Malay.) My guy doesn't sell it in caps, just loose. I usually mix it with about 1/3 cup of orange juice & it's not so bad. I also make my own capsules using "The Capsule Machine" you can get at super supplements, but it's kind of a pain. Good if you're going to be out of town, though, or just can't tolerate drinking it. Anyhoo, the site is https://shop.seattlebotanicals.com/

He's a good guy, he's fast, he's honest. If it turns out to be something you enjoy, I think you'll be pleased.

PS - reading back through some of the posts, you do have to be careful about dosage. For the powder you use 1/2 a teaspoon, or if you're going through 0piate w/drawal, a level teaspoon. When I was filling my own capsules, that was about 6 "00"s. More than that will make you feel sick, especially if you're not used to it.

Hey dork face ,

You ever meet him in rainier to pick up? He's a totally nice dude and I will certainly use him again after this detox / break

scplaya, I want to be careful about giving out his information. That's up to him to give or not. But yes, he is certainly a totally nice dude.

Of course dorkface ( just typing that made me smile ) serious talk mixed with the term dorkface /default_smile.png

Just a small update that I'm down to 4 "00" caps a day and today I'm gonna try to get down to 3. Hopefully be the end of the week I will be independent and not come back to K for a while!

Hey there scplaya,

I know, right? Why did I pick that handle? Still, I kinda likes it.

Good for you for cutting back. It sucks to get dependent on something.

And good luck to you.

I find the more expensive, supposedly higher potency Kratom Strains aren't worth it. I just buy the Kratom Bali Strain. The stuff is very good, it's a bit of a stimulant at smaller doses, and has pretty good painkilling properties too. The biggest downside with Katom is how gross it is. I've tried quite a few different ways of ingesting it and none seem to work that good. The stuff is just nasty.

I've been using Kratom for several years. I started taking it as a way of getting off heavy duty opiates, and to that extent it worked. Unfortunately, it eventually turned into an equally serious addiction of it's own. I only take Ultra Enhanced Indo (UEI), which is the strongest (and most expensive) kind. Take enough UEI and you end up with a high that rivals even the strongest opiates- smack included. I'm sure a lot of O and H fans would strongly disagree, but at least for me - a 15 year veteran of this particular narco-galaxy - UEI Kratom is a remarkably powerful rival to even the heaviest of heavyweights. For those who are interested, here are the pros and cons as I see them:

Pro: Kratom withdrawal is far less brutal than opiate withdrawal. Hardly pleasant, but still 100x easier to handle.

Con: it doesn't take long to build up a tolerance, especially to the strong stuff like UEI. After six months, I went from using 3-4grams a day to upwards of 15, and am now spending as much if not more $$ than I did at the high of my O and H-using days.

Pro and Con: the fact that it's legal (at least for now) and easy to buy makes it easy to avoid withdrawal, stay steady, etc. On the other hand, the fact that it's legal and easy to buy makes quitting nearly impossible, since the only real backstop is financial....

As for vendors, I've shopped around a bit and the best I've found are Dwayne at z-eclectic (http://www.z-eclectic.com/) or Dave at Kratomcats (kratomcats.net). Both have excellent product, great prices and top-notch customer service. High recommendations for both.

Now, a question for the board: has anyone had experience buying Kratom - specifically, UEI - wholesale? I've found a few places online that offer to sell UEI in bulk, but for obvious reasons (i.e. the huge price tag), I'm extremely wary of getting in bed with a vendor I don't know. 

I'm guessing most of you haven't reached the point where this kind of financial calculation is necessary (and hopefully you never will), but if you have and know of a reliable wholesale vendor, I'd greatly appreciate a recommendation. Thanks!

I thought I'd share my experience here too.  I've taken it maybe 20 times over the past 6 months and found that maeng da was my favorite strain & I bought it in 4 oz bags legally online.  I would parachute 6-7 grams, feel good for an hour and then feel shaky, sweaty and on the verge of throwing up for a few hours until I eventually did puke.  I did it so many times because it was worth it for that good hour.  My body always rejected it but the addict in me wouldn't listen.  In the end, I threw my last 2oz in the garbage, thus removing temptation.  Not worth the trouble/its not for everyone. 

If you end up with a reputable vendor who is selling a high-quality product, kratom can be a very viable substitute for opioids and ADHD meds (depending on the strain).  It's all about the quality/freshness of the product in the end as to whether or not you'll have a good experience with it.  But, it is some NASTY tasting stuff.  Your best bet is to buy "00" gel capsules and cap it so you can take it in pill form without having to taste it!

If you end up with a reputable vendor who is selling a high-quality product, kratom can be a very viable substitute for opioids and ADHD meds (depending on the strain).  It's all about the quality/freshness of the product in the end as to whether or not you'll have a good experience with it.  But, it is some NASTY tasting stuff.  Your best bet is to buy "00" gel capsules and cap it so you can take it in pill form without having to taste it!
Yeah I buy in bulk and do the 00 thing too! Red vein = sedating 

Thought I'd share my thoughts. Kratom's been a fairly big part of my life for maybe 6-7 years now. I used to take way too much, powerful extracts everyday, so I kicked it for a year or two, and now I'm trying to stick with less potent strains. Unless you're using it for opiate withdrawal, I think the super sunda strains are really the best going.

Oh, the taste...once I tossed and washed a fair bit of it, and was ill for a good few days. bad times. stuck with capsules ever since. yeah, you have to fill them yourself, but there's no bad taste whatsoever, and I think caps pretty much get rid of nausea too. Bali and Malaysian ones are my favourite I think. =)

And yeah, there's a lot of trustworthy vendors out there. An amazing plant.

=)

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back